GWT: Premier League Round 27

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I feel for Lacazette, I really do. He seems like a great person but hes been shambolic since Utd at home.

The abuse he's probably getting from Arsenal fans irl is probably a million times worse. You can't miss shots like that in the derby without backlash.

He can still redeem his season if he puts in another good good performance in Europa like he did for Lyon. I doubt we will get far though.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Completely agree, Ozil needs to be in the middle. Playing both Xhaka and Elneny was a mistake by Wenger, and it was part of the reason that everything was so out of sync today. They need to play 4-2-3-1.

Yup. Arsenal best moments were when Mkh or Ozil drifted inside and link up between them. I like this 4141 that Wenger tried today, but Arsenal doesn't have the personnel for that formation. Mki and Ozil wide don't offer much defensively and don't have the pace/dribbling to make it work offensively. It sucks that Wenger couldn't complete a deal for Malcom as he would bring pace, dribbling and long shooting, all things this Arsenal side is lacking. Leon Bailey would also be a good fit.

Auba
Mhk-Ozil-Wilshere/Ramsey-Malcom/Bailey
Xhaka

Ideally would be better a more defensive minded player in the Wilshere/Ramsey spot, but I think it could work out it some adjustments.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
No one is saying he's a trash player but he's been playing like it for the past several weeks now. We all want him to improve because him improving means the team is improving as well.

But when you're playing like crap, you'll get called out and when your playing great, you'll get all the cheers you deserve. He can't have his cake and eat it to.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The amount of flak I received at the beginning of the season for my valuation of Arsenal though...and that was before they bought Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan.

Lacazette better than Firmino and Salah though...

Anyway like I said before. Arsenal fans just need to temper their expectations for the foreseeable future. They're not in a good place atm and don't have the money a team like United or City do to just pay their way through it.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
We have to cut our loses with Xhaka, he's been our worst player hands down and by a country mile for the past what, full calendar year?

We need to stop buying question marks with upside at a inflated rate and invest just a little more for a proven commodity.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
The amount of flak I received at the beginning of the season for my valuation of Arsenal though...and that was before they bought Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan.

Lacazette better than Firmino and Salah though...

Anyway like I said before. Arsenal fans just need to temper their expectations for the foreseeable future. They're not in a good place atm and don't have the money a team like United or City do to just pay their way through it.

We're in the same place Liverpool was when things weren't going all that great and they were finishing out of the top #4.

I honestly think we can get right back to where we were for so long, 4th place or better, by simply investing wisely and reinforcing our weakest position.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
We have to cut our loses with Xhaka, he's been our worst player hands down and by a country mile for the past what, full calendar year?

We need to stop buying question marks with upside at a inflated rate and invest just a little more for a proven commodity.
He was a good buy at the time I think. Young captain of UCL team Gladbach coming off of an excellent season for 30m.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
He was a good buy at the time I think. Young captain of UCL team Gladbach coming off of an excellent season for 30m.

It wouldn't of been a bad buy if we had someone better and we'd be grooming him to eventually replace our starter but we signed him with the intention of playing him everyday as if he was a legit starter, which he clearly isn't.

That's what I mean by saying we should invest a little more to get that legit starter instead of crossing our fingers that he might be able to carry the load.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah, Arsene's game plan is to weaken his squad so we can lose games... great job analyzing our situation.

He didn't start for whatever reason and when his name was called to deliver, he couldn't, the end. We bought someone with upside who was good in a league were the competition isn't as good as the league he's in now, outside of the usual suspects.

Regardless, you'll defend ****ing Flamini in his last days at Arsenal because of his birthplace on his passeport, so what's the point of trying to have a levelheaded conversation with someone who's so bias.
Rea what you wrote if you can.
Wenger is french. I'm accusing him of being bad. So yeah, levelheaded conversation with someone who's biased, INDEED.
Yes, Arsene's plan makes no sense, except to him. Nothing new either. His player selection is awful. His tactical choices are awful.
When he was called to deliver he did. And got back to the bench for next game. That's a fact.
You can't cope with it? Blame Wenger, but don't try to live in alternate reality.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ozil has been our best player all year and if Lacazette can be a fraction as good as him, we'd probably be in the top #4 but he won't because we bought a better player and apparently, was pouting in a corner because he got his feelings hurt when he heard the news.

If you do see him in your neighbourhood during the offseason, tell him to grow a pair.

And some need to grow a brain.
Ozil has been awful this year. He was also awful this game, much worse than any Arsenal attacking player, on par with Mkh.
Or you have very low standards.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Rea what you wrote if you can.
Wenger is french. I'm accusing him of being bad. So yeah, levelheaded conversation with someone who's biased, INDEED.
Yes, Arsene's plan makes no sense, except to him. Nothing new either. His player selection is awful. His tactical choices are awful.
When he was called to deliver he did. And got back to the bench for next game. That's a fact.
You can't cope with it? Blame Wenger, but don't try to live in alternate reality.

Excuses are for losers.

If he's as good as you think he is, he'd be playing, period. He isn't, so he's not.

You can twist and turn your way into believing he his but at the end of the day, we bought a better option cause we couldn't rely on his inconsistent play, regardless of the fact we hurt his ego/feelings by not playing him in certain matches.

If he's going to crumble like he's doing at the first sign of adversity, he should go back to playing in a lesser league where he'll dominate and look good.

Last edited:

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Ozil has been awful this year. He was also awful this game, much worse than any Arsenal attacking player, on par with Mkh.

You don't need to be salty because your being called out for your poor evaluation of Lacazette.

It's just ironic, and predictable, that you're calling out certain posters for being childish when coming up with dumb nicknames for Lacazette... yet you're throwing insults normally heard in preschool.

Keep up the great work mademoiselle

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Pochettino got to show some trust in more than just his 11 on paper best players.

For the first time since I've become a football fan, Spurs have a bench worthy of a great team. The following players didn't start today:

Aurier, Rose, Wanyama, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura, Alderweireld, Winks

That's great depth and they are healthy. Love how they are playing going back into CL play.

ghostnights

Oct 8, 2010
Edmonton
Swansea looking fantastic this half . Looks like a team who will stay up . Especially with Ayew , Ayew and Abraham all rounding into form

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

You got flak for saying Arsenal might finish 7th, which was, and is, ridiculous. No one expected/predicted (whichever you prefer) Arsenal to finish top 4, but we did have realistic hopes for it.

If you truly believe Ozil has been awful this year, then there is no point in considering your evaluation of players. In this game he wasn't good, but neither was 90% of the team, and he wasn't the one giving the ball away cheaply.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad