GWT: Premier League Round 27

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Too bad we didn't hold onto that guy.
Doesn’t change that it’s only Solanke and Ings back there.

Savant and Curtinho have as many premier league goals in the last two years as that pairing.

Reactions: Evilo

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Anyone see Albion staying up at the point? I don't think they have the goals in them to get the points needed. Can't say I'll miss them tbh. Been pretty boring for neutrals since they came up it feels.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
They are pretty much done. Only thing that could save them is the fact that there isn’t any gap between 19th and 17th. It doesn’t have to happen, but we could see a situation where you wouldn’t need as many points as usual to stay up.

Slightly surprised they are struggling this badly. They got a couple of very decent players for a bottom half side. I guess they lack the enthusiasm you see at Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton and Huddersfield. At least the latter two haven’t got better players on paper.

Pardew going down is always a good thing.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
40 points is usually a decent target for staying up, *maybe* shoot for 35 this year if you feel a few of the teams in the 27-28 point bunch will drop.

That means at very minimum 15 points in the last 11 games or as many as 20.

Can't really count on points against United, Liverpool or Spurs, so that leaves 8 games to get 15-20 points.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Could you imagine if Giroud coming to Chelsea turns their season around and they manage to finish top 4 after all?

Sanchez will almost definitely come good at some point. Ox has been great.

It's been a tough year for Arsenal.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
40 points is usually a decent target for staying up, *maybe* shoot for 35 this year if you feel a few of the teams in the 27-28 point bunch will drop.

That means at very minimum 15 points in the last 11 games or as many as 20.

Can't really count on points against United, Liverpool or Spurs, so that leaves 8 games to get 15-20 points.

Not that I think they'll make it, but they can very well take points from those 3 games. Difficult to say that worse teams have taken points off those already with WBA being last, but I actually believe that is the case.

But year - I agree they need to be lucky at two fronts. First they probably need the no. of points needed to reach 17th to be fairly low and they probably need to take points off some of the "big" teams.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not that I think they'll make it, but they can very well take points from those 3 games. Difficult to say that worse teams have taken points off those already with WBA being last, but I actually believe that is the case.

But year - I agree they need to be lucky at two fronts. First they probably need the no. of points needed to reach 17th to be fairly low and they probably need to take points off some of the "big" teams.

Yea, they certainly could steal points against one of those, but if you're trying to plan a path to stay up, upsetting United at OT or upsetting Liverpool or Spurs can't be the way to plan it.

You have to plan to beat the 4 other team in the relegation battle you're playing (Huddersfield, Swansea, Newcastle, Palace) or at least getting 10 points, and then getting a win and a couple draws against the rest of your schedule (Watford, Leicester, Bournemouth, and Burnley)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->