GWT: Premier League Round 27

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Great. Another discussion about a French player.

All teams/fans have their scapegoats. I don’t know how many points Trippier apparently has cost Spurs. Or Sissoko. I can understand why Arsenalfans are annoyed by Lacazette. He has been very very poor lately. Considering the money paid he has been tragic the last couple of months.

I like him, but he deserves some criticism for his form lately.
Which I wouldn't have a problem with.
But it isn't what's written here.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thus the main reason why we acquired someone better since we're sitting at a embarrassing 6th place with Burnley right on our tale ;)
But apparently, it doesn't matter. Auba has zero chance all game. Not his fault.
Lacazette has the two most dangerous plays, that's his fault.

Clearly, that's logical.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Great to get the 3 deserved points.

Would have liked to see then put Arsenal away earlier but really did see much threat from Arsenal all game even with those two misses from Lacazette.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And how about world class Ozil? He's free to walk 90 minutes and create nothing, but that's OK. Let's pay him an insane salary to keep it up. We'll blame the leading scorer anyway.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I don't have a problem saying he's playing poorly. But him being in a dangerous position is already better than the rest of the team.
And yes, I don't know if you've followed Arsenal, but Wenger did all he could to sink Lacazette's confidence, from the get-go.
When he was scoring, he was still benched.
Even though the stats prove that when Ozil, Alexis and Lacazette were playing together, Arsenan were never losing (with the exception of the United game, that Arsenal totally dominated).

But hell yeah. Let's say he sucks. Let's call it La Baguette. Or other arguments that show a level of maturity and football knowledge close to zero.

His confidence took a hit because he didn't get his way or wasn't selected... gtfoh what that p***y talk.

Man the f*** up, PERIOD! Give Arsène a reason not to bench your ass.

What a poor excuse, almost as embarrassing as his play in the pitch.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Or Dier. I actually think that he has cost us more points than Trippier or Sissoko this season.

Depends. Some will blame Trippier for anything and everything. A bit like Lacazette now I guess.

I mean Auba is more or less not involved in anything for 90 min (shouldn’t have been offside though.). Lacazette is the one they are annoyed at. Trippier all over again.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
And how about world class Ozil? He's free to walk 90 minutes and create nothing, but that's OK. Let's pay him an insane salary to keep it up. We'll blame the leading scorer anyway.
He's been miles better than any other Arsenal player this season.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Anyway, I don't know why I'm even discussing with noobs that think the team's best scorer missing two chances in 15 minutes while the other players couldn't create or be in a position to have ONE in the 70 other minutes is actually the one to blame, giving fantastic 6 year old nicknames.

Those noobs definitely deserve all the losses that come their way :D

He didn't create those chances by himself... all he did was miss them.

I don't have a problem saying he's playing poorly. But him being in a dangerous position is already better than the rest of the team.
And yes, I don't know if you've followed Arsenal, but Wenger did all he could to sink Lacazette's confidence, from the get-go.
When he was scoring, he was still benched.
Even though the stats prove that when Ozil, Alexis and Lacazette were playing together, Arsenan were never losing (with the exception of the United game, that Arsenal totally dominated).

But hell yeah. Let's say he sucks. Let's call it La Baguette. Or other arguments that show a level of maturity and football knowledge close to zero.

I never said he sucks or called him some dumb nickname. I rather liked Lacazette before we bought him and at the time we bought him. But you're placing too much blame on Wenger and not the player.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

You're Lacazetting today my friend

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
His confidence took a hit because he didn't get his way or wasn't selected... gtfoh what that ***** talk.

Man the **** up, PERIOD! Give Arsène a reason not to bench your ass.

What a poor excuse, almost as embarrassing as his play in the pitch.
Yeah you clearly have followed Arsenal in the last two weeks or something.
Lacazette gave every reason to Wenger not to bench him in the first months. He was scoring, helping the team and his team's record was great when he was playing with Ozil and Alexis.
Instead, your coach decided to start Iwobi or Welbeck instead, and thus making sure his team had poor results.

And when Lacazette finally met a tough stretch (like all scorers do at some point), he signed another striker, as if the problem wasn't his shitty midfield and shitty defense.

So yeah. Get to the page.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Which I wouldn't have a problem with.
But it isn't what's written here.

I agree. But there is a context here as well. Many posts in match threads are a bit emotional. Personally I find it a bit boring, but there are boards much worse than this when it comes to those kind of posts.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He didn't create those chances by himself... all he did was miss them.
You have no idea how football works, do you?
You think a pass between a player and another is just player A doing the stuff and player B receiving?

:facepalm:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
You have no idea how football works, do you?
You think a pass between a player and another is just player A doing the stuff and player B receiving?

:facepalm:

I didn't say that, but you're giving all the credit to player B..

You're missing the mark maybe even more than Lacazette today.

Reactions: All Might

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I agree. But there is a context here as well. Many posts in match threads are a bit emotional. Personally I find it a bit boring, but there are boards much worse than this when it comes to those kind of posts.
I don't post on other boards.
But yeah we're often treated with 8 year old fans, "new" to the sport and choosing an EPL team to whine about.

It's tiring sometimes.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Depends. Some will blame Trippier for anything and everything. A bit like Lacazette now I guess.

I mean Auba is more or less not involved in anything for 90 min (shouldn’t have been offside though.). Lacazette is the one they are annoyed at. Trippier all over again.

I am more annoyed by the sterile possession and Mkh shitty crosses than I am by Lacazette two misses. The misses hurt, but they shouldn't have mattered, Arsenal should have been down at least 3 if THFC had converted half their glorious chances.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I didn't say that, but you're giving all the credit to player B..
Have I?
When I say player B (Auba) does nothing all game, while player C (Lacazette) manages to have the two best chances, one he missed clearly and the other he barely missed, I say player C clearly had a better game than player B.
As for Ozil, he was transparant this game. Like most games in fact.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Yeah you clearly have followed Arsenal in the last two weeks or something.
Lacazette gave every reason to Wenger not to bench him in the first months. He was scoring, helping the team and his team's record was great when he was playing with Ozil and Alexis.
Instead, your coach decided to start Iwobi or Welbeck instead, and thus making sure his team had poor results.

And when Lacazette finally met a tough stretch (like all scorers do at some point), he signed another striker, as if the problem wasn't his ****ty midfield and ****ty defense.

So yeah. Get to the page.

Yeah, Arsene's game plan is to weaken his squad so we can lose games... great job analyzing our situation.

He didn't start for whatever reason and when his name was called to deliver, he couldn't, the end. We bought someone with upside who was good in a league were the competition isn't as good as the league he's in now, outside of the usual suspects.

Regardless, you'll defend f***ing Flamini in his last days at Arsenal because of his birthplace on his passeport, so what's the point of trying to have a levelheaded conversation with someone who's so bias.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Ozil and Mkhitaryan playing wide is problematic in many levels. Neither have pace or dribbling skills, then you have Wilshere and Xhaka in the midfielder and FBs that barely goes forward (Bellerin did, but he is very meh offensively, doesn't have dribbling or creative of elite RBs). Arsenal is predictable and very easy to defend while being terrible defensively.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Ozil and Mkhitaryan playing wide is problematic in many levels. Neither have pace or dribbling skills, then you have Wilshere and Xhaka in the midfielder and FBs that barely goes forward (Bellerin did, but he is very meh offensively, doesn't have dribbling or creative of elite RBs). Arsenal is predictable and very easy to defend while being terrible defensively.

Completely agree, Ozil needs to be in the middle. Playing both Xhaka and Elneny was a mistake by Wenger, and it was part of the reason that everything was so out of sync today. They need to play 4-2-3-1.

Reactions: John Pedro

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Have I?
When I say player B (Auba) does nothing all game, while player C (Lacazette) manages to have the two best chances, one he missed clearly and the other he barely missed, I say player C clearly had a better game than player B.
As for Ozil, he was transparant this game. Like most games in fact.

Ozil has been our best player all year and if Lacazette can be a fraction as good as him, we'd probably be in the top #4 but he won't because we bought a better player and apparently, was pouting in a corner because he got his feelings hurt when he heard the news.

If you do see him in your neighbourhood during the offseason, tell him to grow a pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->