Premier League 2020-21 (Part III)

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Couldn't be the shitty manager, the overrated players or whatever.

Nope.
1024.jpg
Our struggles this year are largely due to management, yes. Refereeing also played a part but it always does when Arsenal are concerned so it's nothing new. We won't win the league without a City level superteam because of corruption.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
You lost matches because that midfield sucks (until Partey got there it was beyond awful), and the defense regularly was giving minutes to David Luiz. When the offense dried up, they didn't score enough to compensate.

No amount of Ref decisions would have gotten you into the CL spots this season. Not unless three or four of them pulled on Arsenal kits and added to the central defense.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Our struggles this year are largely due to management, yes. Refereeing also played a part but it always does when Arsenal are concerned so it's nothing new. We won't win the league without a City level superteam because of corruption.

I mean you won’t compete with them until you have a team that’s even in the same stratosphere as them talent wise.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I mean you won’t compete with them until you have a team that’s even in the same stratosphere as them talent wise.
Of course. I never denied that. I do believe our 2014-2016 team was talented enough to win the league every year but denied by refereeing though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yep, like Villareal.
Yup, they're a secondary rubbish club with LC and the whole lot that exist just to be a thorn on the backsides of bigger and more elegant teams such as Arsenal, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, and Man City. Only reason why we lost is because we have owners and a manager who somehow are at Lorient level. You'll see at the finals that United will win by three+ goals backing up my point even more.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, it really does not. It shows that VAR looks for small mistakes to change because it suits them. They want to rule against Arsenal. Arsenal have droppes 15-20 points every season for 20 years and I can show concrete exemples every season.
What I see is that if Arsenal is reffed in previous season the same way they are this season, they GAINED unfairly 15-20 points because of bad reffing decisions.
The vast majority of VAR decisions were the right ones, correcting bad ones made in the moment.
To deny that is simply living in a different reality.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
What I see is that if Arsenal is reffed in previous season the same way they are this season, they GAINED unfairly 15-20 points because of bad reffing decisions.
The vast majority of VAR decisions were the right ones, correcting bad ones made in the moment.
To deny that is simply living in a different reality.
Absolutely not. In Arsenals case, the vast majority of VAR decisions was looking for something 50/50 to call against them. And 15-20 points against us each season can be proven. There are a few studies and luck indexes who say we should have 5-6 more league titles and I can name every decision. That ESPN measurement was apparently their own judgement on points lost as well so your argument doesn’t hold.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nope, only the ones you want to remember. Everyone will remember some 50/50 calls that denied a goal, etc... But the majority of VAR calls were very helpful.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Penalties all competitions since Solskjaer was appointed
49 Man Utd
34 Chelsea
34 Man City
24 Leicester
20 Spurs
20 Liverpool
17 Arsenal

That isn’t normal or in any way fair. Some teams don’t get decisions they deserve. Despite being the best offensive team under Wenger most years, we always got the least penalties in the big 6.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Yup, they're a secondary rubbish club with LC and the whole lot that exist just to be a thorn on the backsides of bigger and more elegant teams such as Arsenal, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, and Man City. Only reason why we lost is because we have owners and a manager who somehow are at Lorient level. You'll see at the finals that United will win by three+ goals backing up my point even more.
Not too late for Arsenal to join the Super League

Reactions: Jack Straw

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Penalties all competitions since Solskjaer was appointed
49 Man Utd
34 Chelsea
34 Man City
24 Leicester
20 Spurs
20 Liverpool
17 Arsenal

That isn’t normal or in any way fair. Some teams don’t get decisions they deserve. Despite being the best offensive team under Wenger most years, we always got the least penalties in the big 6.
Again, no substance.
Not every team is fouled the same in the box (or outside for that matter). Same with hockey and penalties.
United might have 1 or 2, heck maybe 3 phantom penalties. They'd still be over 45.

Reactions: Jussi

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Again, no substance.
Not every team is fouled the same in the box (or outside for that matter). Same with hockey and penalties.
United might have 1 or 2, heck maybe 3 phantom penalties. They'd still be over 45.
These teams are fouled in the box in similar rates but penalties aren’t given in similar rates, because of biases. Watch the video, almost none of these United penalties are the right call. I am not sure I would consider a single one of their penalties the right decision.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
VAR in a nut shell over the last two years. Either United is getting preferential treatment or regression is going to hit them HARD.

Only one way to find out.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
There was obvious corruption against Liverpool in the fall when it looked like they were running away with the title. Litteraly every tight decision against. The FA wanted a tight title race. Got better in the spring.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
There was obvious corruption against Liverpool in the fall when it looked like they were running away with the title. Litteraly every tight decision against. The FA wanted a tight title race. Got better in the spring.
Not going to go as far as conspiracy, but simply sharing numbers.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
VAR in a nut shell over the last two years. Either United is getting preferential treatment or regression is going to hit them HARD.

Only one way to find out.
United won't ever regress in the VAR calls because they're the biggest and most favourite club in England where football is a serious business (ask the fans who broke into Old Trafford).

Like people laugh at UEFAlona and at this point of stage it's nothing else but a silly comment. However, UEFAlona didn't arise just because of just smoke. There was a fire which produced that smoke and here's a collection of it.

Reactions: AB13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad