Premier League 2020-21 (Part III)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He clearly was imo
I think Stones returning to form had more impact than Dias. Not saying Stones is more talented, but that’s where the biggest difference was.

Honestly City defended better as a team which helped the center backs, rather than the other way around.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Correct. Should have been Klopp. No other manager on the planet keeps that Liverpool team in the automatic UCL places.

Klopp made mistakes this year, of course, but the biggest ones were in Champions League, not in the Premier League.

Every team went through a rut this year too, but Klopp had a team kept together by duct tape and got 3rd, which is the most impressive managerial performance of the season in my (probably unpopular) opinion
It was Moyes and it's not close. West Ham fought relegation last season and had an excellent shot at the CL if not for trailing off to end the season because of some key injuries. As is, they still made top 6.

Monumentally bigger achievement than Liverpool.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think Stones returning to form had more impact than Dias. Not saying Stones is more talented, but that’s where the biggest difference was.

Honestly City defended better as a team which helped the center backs, rather than the other way around.
We've been over this .... Stones and all I remember is stones soiling himself in the final. Take that how you like but he isnt good imo.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It was Moyes and it's not close. West Ham fought relegation last season and had an excellent shot at the CL if not for trailing off to end the season because of some key injuries. As is, they still made top 6.

Monumentally bigger achievement than Liverpool.
I disagree. Klopp can get 6th with that West Ham team. Moyes does not keep that Liverpool team in the Champions League; and Champions League qualification is the bigger achievement. Last I checked finishing 3rd is better than finishing 6th. Nothing against the great season that Moyes had though.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I also have no idea where that money goes, but they should distribute it evenly among the other fourteen clubs.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
That extra 1.5 million per club will really make a difference.
It's about redressing the wrong and penalizing their attempt at torpedoing fair competition, not "making a difference".

Like the fine itself here makes a difference, anyway. Please. It's a joke.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It's about redressing the wrong and penalizing their attempt at torpedoing fair competition, not "making a difference".

Like the fine itself here makes a difference, anyway. Please. It's a joke.

Sending it to the other 14 PL teams doesn't do anything though. If anything it should go to the lower leagues or to a special fund set up to assist clubs facing legitimate financial difficulty during this season/last of which there are plenty in the bottom part of the league structure or even just outside it.

Reactions: Blender and AB13

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Pretty sure this has been posted before, but really just confirms what I've always thought. Exposure to other people, cultures, beliefs is what cuts down on racism, xenophobia, hatred, etc. and when you are a fan of an athlete with a different background as you, you are a lot less likely to view that background in a hateful way. I doubt kids that grew up idolizing Michael Jordan became racists against black people as they got older.

It's much less that these fans/people are good and those fans/people are bad. Everyone has good and bad in them, and the more positive exposure individuals get, the more the good will come out.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Oh thank god. Thicker lines will fix all the main issues surrounding VAR.

Theoretically it should also speed up the process of drawing lines since there's way less reason to spend 30 seconds zooming in and trying to place the line on the correct pixel.

You put it down where it looks basically right. If it's within the buffer zone it's fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad