Premier League 2020-21 (Part III)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I just think it’s crazy that the depleted Liverpool defense has allowed less goals again than Every team but City, Chelsea and Arsenal

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well, whoscored does seem to have weird and inconsistent ratings system to me. And I personally haven’t watched Liverpool play since the super league fiasco, but I saw that and it caught my eye, so I thought I’d share it.
All of those players in the form guide for Liverpool started off the season terribly too

Whoscored weights defenders weird. They definitely prefer the ones that are good in the air over the more progressive players. Their counting stats are more based on the stay at home defensive stats.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So I only recently saw this, but apparently it's some big thing on United forums that Bruno is woeful against the other 'top six' teams?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
So I only recently saw this, but apparently it's some big thing on United forums that Bruno is woeful against the other 'top six' teams?
Yes. Some have gone as far as to also pick apart his international production. There definitely is some merit to the statistical anomalies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
We've scored like 3 open play goals against the big 6 in the league this season. Bruno could be doing better in those matches but we can't expect him to do everything.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
WBS's end-of-year award picks:

POTY: Harry Kane (shortlist: Fernandes, KdB, Gundogan, Dias, Cancelo)
YPOTY: Mason Mount (shortlist: Foden, Dias, Calvert-Lewin, Saka, Fofana)
Manager of the Year: David Moyes (shortlist: Guardiola, Klopp, Bielsa)
Signing of the Year: Ruben Dias (shortlist: Watkins, Rodriguez, Fofana, Jota, Cavani)

TOTS:

Grealish - Kane - Salah
Fernandes - KdB - Gundogan
Shaw - Dias - Stones - Cancelo
Martinez

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I’d have Bielsa above him, but I don’t think you can be wrong with either.
I think Biesla has done an amazing job. He certainly would be a deserving winner.

But like last year with my feelings about Wilder, who I think did an amazing job, I have some reservations as to what happens next. I think it's possible to come up and take the league by storm. There have been a number of promoted clubs who were able to come up, catch fire a bit, and then stay in the top part of the table. The season after is usually when their lack of depth, injuries, getting picked apart by bigger clubs or when they're found out.

I don't know if that's going to be the case of Leeds, but it will be interesting to see.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Manager of the Year is definitely Klopp. No one else (automatically) qualifies for the Champions League with those injures (except maybe Pep but Peps 6th and 7th string CBs would probably be 100m combined). He did any outstanding job this season. He won’t get it, but what he did was tremendous.

player of the season is (barf) Harry Kane.

Young player of the league - Mason Mount

I have same TOTS as WBS except at LB I am going to put Stuart Dallas in

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
WBS's end-of-year award picks:

POTY: Harry Kane (shortlist: Fernandes, KdB, Gundogan, Dias, Cancelo)
YPOTY: Mason Mount (shortlist: Foden, Dias, Calvert-Lewin, Saka, Fofana)
Manager of the Year: David Moyes (shortlist: Guardiola, Klopp, Bielsa)
Signing of the Year: Ruben Dias (shortlist: Watkins, Rodriguez, Fofana, Jota, Cavani)

TOTS:

Grealish - Kane - Salah
Fernandes - KdB - Gundogan
Shaw - Dias - Stones - Cancelo
Martinez

Oh this is fun!

POTY: Kane (De bruyne, Grealish, Gundogan, Mahrez, Mane)
YPOTY (23 and under): Mount (Rashford, AWB, R James, Neto, H Barnes)
MOTY: Bielsa (Moyes, Hodgson, Ole)
SOTY : Soucek (Raphinha, James R, Thiago, Watkins, Fofana)

Martinez - R James, Zouma, Cooper, Digne - De Bruyne, Gundogan, Bruno - Mahrez, Kane, Grealish

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
What does that graphic show?
That the old big teams are favored by reffing on the pitch?
We all knew that before.
Except Arsenal and Liverpool who are massively discriminated against, yes. This isn’t subjective either so it is just about overturns. Arsenal have a net loss of 15 points to my estimation. Could be 17 depending on how you view Villa away.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Except Arsenal and Liverpool who are massively discriminated against, yes. This isn’t subjective either so it is just about overturns. Arsenal have a net loss of 15 points to my estimation. Could be 17 depending on how you view Villa away.
You do realize VAR has simply corrected ref mistakes, right? Some VAR decisions are very arguable, but the fact is that most VAR decisions were good. Which means your graphic only shows how Arsenal is favored by the refs in real time.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You do realize VAR has simply corrected ref mistakes, right? Some VAR decisions are very arguable, but the fact is that most VAR decisions were good. Which means your graphic only shows how Arsenal is favored by the refs in real time.
No, it really does not. It shows that VAR looks for small mistakes to change because it suits them. They want to rule against Arsenal. Arsenal have droppes 15-20 points every season for 20 years and I can show concrete exemples every season.

Reactions: S E P H

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Didn’t notice this yesterday with all the games/stories going on. Pretty sweet send off.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
No, it really does not. It shows that VAR looks for small mistakes to change because it suits them. They want to rule against Arsenal. Arsenal have droppes 15-20 points every season for 20 years and I can show concrete exemples every season.
Jesus christ you genuinly believe that the league is conspiring against Arsenal. For 20 years too. Just hilarious.

Reactions: luiginb

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Jesus christ you genuinly believe that the league is conspiring against Arsenal. For 20 years too. Just hilarious.
Absolutely. I genuinely believe that and there is no reason for me not to. The systematic agenda started with Wenger saying United would be mid table with video refereeing sometime in the early 2000s and got worse as they faced criticism. Arsenal being the first team to use mostly foreign players and playing traditionally un-british football also contributed. We missed out on at least 5-6 league titles simply due to refereeing in the Wenger era.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Couldn't be the shitty manager, the overrated players or whatever.

Nope.
1024.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad