Premier League 2020-21 (Part III)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Completely the wrong solution. No lines/no zooming. But the powers that be are too stupid to figure that out

No lines is a deeply, deeply stupid idea when you’re dealing with bad camera angles. There’s plenty of situations where the camera angle makes a guy look well offside or onside but a simple line shows the opposite.

No zooming makes sense though. Draw the best line possible in 5 seconds and if it’s inside a certain margin, the goal counts regardless of the call on the field.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No lines is a deeply, deeply stupid idea when you’re dealing with bad camera angles. There’s plenty of situations where the camera angle makes a guy look well offside or onside but a simple line shows the opposite.

No zooming makes sense though. Draw the best line possible in 5 seconds and if it’s inside a certain margin, the goal counts regardless of the call on the field.
Any line is going to be arbitrary. I don’t like lines. If they can’t tell from a freeze frame it’s no “clear and obvious” and that’s the point, isn’t it? You are as likely to get a bad draw as a bad camera angle.

no zoom is a no brainer

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Any line is going to be arbitrary. I don’t like lines. If they can’t tell from a freeze frame it’s no “clear and obvious” and that’s the point, isn’t it? You are as likely to get a bad draw as a bad camera angle.

no zoom is a no brainer

“bad lines” are off by a few inches. Bad angles can be off by few feet. It’s a totally different order of magnitude.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What's funny is they need to do what NFL does on pass interference reviews, which is hated ny NFL fans. Only overturn egregious calls. NFL is just horribly inconsistent too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I've been watching football for a long time now and I still have no idea what majority of these awards are. PFA? EPL? All rubbish since I have no idea who votes for it, only important one is golden boot because even Ballon d'Or is rigged AF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad