Premier League 2020-21 (Part III)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Doesn't mean all were bad decisions.
Doesn’t mean they were good decisions either though.

Which is the problem - inconsistency

this was my “favorite” part

Liverpool have been bad. But this has not helped.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Doesn’t mean they were good decisions either though.

Which is the problem - inconsistency

this was my “favorite” part

Liverpool have been bad. But this has not helped.

Pure lies, everyone on the internet knows United wouldn't win any games or score without VAR.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I saw a stat that said of West Ham's last 8 straight reds, *FIVE* have been rescinded on appeal. Incidentally, three of those against "big six" clubs. Make of that what you will.

I'll try and find the tweet I saw later.

Reactions: Evilo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not really, they had the 4th 'best' net goal at +2, but far-far behind the top 3.
Yeah I can’t find the link at the moment but if memory serves LFC was very middle of the road in terms of VAR last season. British press just loves a catchy name so LiVARpool stuck but the fact that LFC only won the league because of VaR last season is a myth.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
It is hard to take any fan of the Greedy 6 seriously when they complain about this topic

Reactions: luiginb

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

To be fair though, I think that's pretty much their only debt right now though. Chelsea from what I understand is owed about the same from other clubs that they owe to other clubs. Really, just providing the owed number is misleading.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
To be fair though, I think that's pretty much their only debt right now though. Chelsea from what I understand is owed about the same from other clubs that they owe to other clubs. Really, just providing the owed number is misleading.
That would be from 2020. This would exclude all of last summer Chelsea transfer spree.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That would be from 2020. This would exclude all of last summer Chelsea transfer spree.
They almost entirely paid for their summer spending spree with loan fees and sales. This was discussed quite a bit during the summer. Their net spend was -£170m in 2020-2021, but that was mostly financed through net gains of £105m in 19-20. They are also still owed money on some past transfers, like from Hazard, that are separate from the paper transfer difference.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
My only logical explanation would be that LFC salaries are tied down on significant bonus for winning the league if not they have the most overpaid team in Europe.

They just won a CL and PL, then had tons of injuries. Not even gonna get a mulligan for one season before they're overpaid bums.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
They just won a CL and PL, then had tons of injuries. Not even gonna get a mulligan for one season before they're overpaid bums.
Not just injuries related. Some key players took significant dip in form: Firmino, Mane, Keita, Ox, Milner, TAA, Robo, Alisson. It is very worrisome.

The only players that I believe were at least as consistently good from 2020 to 2021 are Salah, Fabinho, Henderson, Gini. That's it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad