Premier League 2020-21 (Part III)

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They aren't close to a lock to making CL. They can be 2 games out of 6th and totally out of Europe if they lose this weekend. They have Spurs/WestHam/Leicester/Liverpool in their last 10 matches. They could drop 12 points right there if things go pear-shaped.

Yes, they are better, but I think they will be lucky to make CL.
Lol how? Making the CL is purely in our hands. We could screw it up but we definitely wouldn't be lucky if we make it lol.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Was with you until this. They remain very comfortably favourites to make Top 4.

I thought ManU had a harder schedule, but looking at it, everyone seems to be pretty even

Spurs/ManU/Leicester-opponents average is 10th in table
Everton/Liverpool/Chelsea/W.Ham-opponents average is 11th

Liverpool play 2 of the top 7, ManU/Everton/Chelsea/WestHam play 3 and Spurs and Leicester play 4.

So.....I was a little harsh to say lucky. :)

(still think they will bottle it)

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
538 isn't the end all be all. But their predictor is suggesting it's 88% likely that they make it. Sure... they could fall out of 2nd, and back into the pack. But they're a betting favorite (other than City) to making the CL.

Could they screw it up? Sure. They definitely could. Liverpool could also get in. Neither is really likely. I realize their last 10 might be tough, but right now, as it stands today (not after this weekend or in two weeks) they're a favorite to do it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't see why Fletcher wouldn't be suited to his new role having come through the academy and developed into a first team player. He's been doing his coaching badges too.

Sounds like Murtough has done good work with the academy and women's team recruitment allowing them to sign Mejbri and a lot of talent in the last few years. Manc Evening News suggest Murtough will be first point of call for other teams during transfers instead of Woodward/Judge which can only be a good thing.

United's hierarchy according to The Athletic.

Michael Edwards was promoted from within at Liverpool. Cech, Maldini, Zorc, Salihamidzic and van der Sar all got various jobs at big clubs without experience.

Txiki Begiristain also started at Barca with only a commentator background.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't like to be saying I told you so, especially on a side / club that I detest (minus Rashford), but looks like they would have to fall off a cliff to not make it now.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don't like to be saying I told you so, especially on a side / club that I detest (minus Rashford), but looks like they would have to fall off a cliff to not make it now.

Yes. And if they had lost yesterday they would have only been 3 points ahead of 5th with 5th having a game in hand.

The danger they were in was largely based on expected results this week and the potential of them losing to West Ham.

*now* they should be comfortable baring a pretty big collapse. But they weren’t 3 days ago.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
@Jussi
Many great ones from memory.

Liverpool with Carlsberg
Chelsea with Samsung
Inter with Pirelli

Obviously that's just some random dude's shitty photoshop, but man that looks terrible
Are there any shirt sponsors that actually look good? They're all ugly.
Okay I want to play a game here. Let’s have some fun.
If you had to pick one realistic sponsor for your favorite team’s kit, based solely on how good you think it would look on the kit what would it be? Only rule is it can’t be one that you have had before (no Liverpool and Carlsberg).

I will start and say I always thought that Coca-Cola would look amazing on a LFC home kit.

whose next? Any takers?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
United with AIG was a good one too.
It’s almost like the most simple ones are best. I don’t know how many on here have seen the latest LFC jersey (that has the new Standard Chartered logo on it) but it is not great.

you should play the game too btw.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It’s almost like the most simple ones are best. I don’t know how many on here have seen the latest LFC jersey (that has the new Standard Chartered logo on it) but it is not great.
Simple is almost always best when it comes to jerseys. There are very few times when teams try something crazy and out of the box that I think, "oh yeah, that's brilliant." Such as Uniteds tire track or snakeskin jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad