Premier League 2019-20 Part III

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Regardless of what they agree about publication, it's still a pivotal moment.

You could have everything from Man City having a 30+ point penalty next season while having elite players depart (possibly putting them in an actual relegation battle) and having a large chunk of their current owners/directors ineligible to be a part of the club any longer to FFP being basically dead.

Granted neither extreme is super likely, but where things fall is very significant.

I'm putting in a guess that they'll be banned for next season from Europe and maybe a hefty fine and the next time they qualify they'll have to go through qualifying rounds earlier than usual. No idea how the FA will handle this.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Regardless of what they agree about publication, it's still a pivotal moment.

You could have everything from Man City having a 30+ point penalty next season while having elite players depart (possibly putting them in an actual relegation battle) and having a large chunk of their current owners/directors ineligible to be a part of the club any longer to FFP being basically dead.

Granted neither extreme is super likely, but where things fall is very significant.
If the verdict goes against them in any way doesn’t it make the owners ineligible because of English ownership rules? This case is huge for football in general. There will be very big ramifications either way it falls.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If the verdict goes against them in any way doesn’t it make the owners ineligible because of English ownership rules? This case is huge for football in general. There will be very big ramifications either way it falls.

There might be a way around it under some technicalities to allow the FA to wiggle out of it, but a plain reading of the requirements would make anyone who participated in a fraud like City is accused of definitely ineligible.

It's hard to imagine how a ruling could not have a major impact one way or another, both for City and beyond.

Reactions: YNWA14

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It will be interesting to see what Arsenal and Spurs do next season with minimal ticket revenue and potentially no Europe. Their bottom line could be a bit rough.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yeah I mean a cult hero is that quirky player that isn’t a star or maybe like a hard working player.
My obvious example would be Divock Origi last season. That’s the most cultist of heroist seasons ever.
United cult hero would be like Kiko Macheda that bastard
"David May, Superstar,
Got More Medals Than Shearer!"
FB_IMG_1594595566846.jpg

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So for 3rd/4th place

United play Palace, West Ham, and Leicester.
Chelsea play Norwich, Liverpool, and Wolves
Leicester play Sheffield, Spurs and United.

If I had to guess I'd say:

United: W/W/D
Chelsea W/L/D
Leicester W/L/D

Reactions: Blender

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So for 3rd/4th place

United play Palace, West Ham, and Leicester.
Chelsea play Norwich, Liverpool, and Wolves
Leicester play Sheffield, Spurs and United.

If I had to guess I'd say:

United: W/W/D
Chelsea W/L/D
Leicester W/L/D
Final matchday could actually have some drama.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Final matchday could actually have some drama.

If what I put actually happens, going into MW38 you'd have

United 65
Chelsea 63
Leicester 62

United would likely have a slight edge on Leicester on GD (and a significant one on Chelsea), but obviously a Leicester win would reverse any GD advantage quickly.

The fun part is that because of the Leicester/United game, all three teams control their own destiny in terms of a CL place.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
People talking about that United/Leicester game but Wolves going to be no picnic for Chelsea

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If what I put actually happens, going into MW38 you'd have

United 65
Chelsea 63
Leicester 62

United would likely have a slight edge on Leicester on GD (and a significant one on Chelsea), but obviously a Leicester win would reverse any GD advantage quickly.

The fun part is that because of the Leicester/United game, all three teams control their own destiny in terms of a CL place.
Yeah, that's the fun part. While watching the other game will matter in terms of insurance, in the most likely scenario IMO, if each team just takes care of their business, they'll be in good shape.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad