OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April & May

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The aurora visited our backyard last night!
1715420887839.jpeg
1715420842356.jpeg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
How about some questions while we wait for tonight?

1. How did your love for hockey begin? Did you play, if so what position(s)?

2. What movie have you seen the most times?

3. What is your favourite pastime when you actually have time to relax?

4. Let's reminisce about 2011, other than raising the Cup, what is your favourite memory?

5. Do you have any hidden talents? Music, singing, art, eating chocolate, cooking, gardening?

1. When cable tv finally came to my little village in the spring of 1988. NESN was finally available so I watched the last few games of the regular season & then the run to the Cup Final. I was hooked & remain so until this day.

2. There are several- GWTW, Blues Brothers, Airplane! Animal House, Slap Shot.

3. Reading. Used to play sports when I was younger but at 40 my body gave up the ghost lol

4. I was at @MaineHockey1's house for the weekend of the ECF. We watched that amazing Game 7 & danced around her living room shouting "we're going to the Stanley Cup!!!"

5. I am undefeated at Trivial Pursuit. It's the one team I'm always picked for ;)

• Love
Reactions: sooshii and caz16

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
If I had a house, I would seriously consider shelling out the dough for an underground shelter. Look at all that debris flying. Especially the giant air conditioning unit :help:

Also.... that is a great quality dash cam video

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Looks amazing! We even had the southern lights where we live, which is incredibly rare (I've never seen them), but unfortunately we were out of town and missed them. Such a shame, but perhaps with all this current sun activity they'll pop up again sometime.
Awww, that's too bad that you missed them. Hopefully you will get the chance again. The activity is high all weekend, just not "severe" anymore. I lived in northern Manitoba for a year and they were spectacular up there. We swore we could actually hear them tinkling on the nights when they were the brightest.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Incompetence at its finest. I would make a better detective if this is the ineptitude of the OPP:

Ontario Provincial Police are facing tough questions about their search for a missing Newfoundland trucker whose rig was found two weeks ago in Ontario, then sent back to Newfoundland, where his body was found Monday in the trailer.

Brian Lush's family last heard from him on April 24, and using data from a GPS tracking device they established that his tractor-trailer was parked at a gas station in Summerstown, Ont.

The search included help from the OPP's emergency response team, canine units, a remotely operated drone, an OPP helicopter and search and rescue volunteers.

The search failed to turn up anything, except Lush's personal belongings in his truck.

The RCMP in Newfoundland issued a statement confirming Lush's remains were found Monday inside his tractor-trailer after it arrived in Port aux Basques in the southwestern corner of the island.

Trucker's body found in trailer in Newfoundland after failed police search in Ontario

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
How about some questions while we wait for tonight?

1. How did your love for hockey begin? Did you play, if so what position(s)?

2. What movie have you seen the most times?

3. What is your favourite pastime when you actually have time to relax?

4. Let's reminisce about 2011, other than raising the Cup, what is your favourite memory?

5. Do you have any hidden talents? Music, singing, art, eating chocolate, cooking, gardening?
1. Dad was born in Halifax NS and moved to Cambridge MA when he was a kid. He and Mom loved hockey so we always watched/ listened.

2. Probably White Christmas (we watch it every Christmas Eve)

3. reading

4. There were so many. After the parade I got a hug from Timmy Thomas.

5. I am good with numbers and like to bake.

Today has been a bad one. Had to put my dog to sleep this morning and my father-in-law in hospice this afternoon
Oh...I am so sorry. Sending a hug.

• Love
Reactions: sooshii and caz16

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Well my tenure at Ruths Chris officially ended. Was there for 10 hours already on mothers day and all I said to my chef when he mentioned cleaning the fryers was I wanted to start earlier cuz I didnt want to be there all night. He then tells me to go home then leans down and says im a waste of f***ing labor

Funny since he was leaning on me all day. Was there 40 something hours out of the 72 this weekend. Made 80 pounds of mash potatoes but im a waste of labor. Lmao $16 and a waste of labor

This is why theyre losing people they dont know how to talk to people or pay them

4 broilers have quit. I quit. They fired my trainer. And the 2 cooks left both have interviews

You reap what you sow

I saw a shooting star last night my future will be bright

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Sitting in traffic school at the moment. Four hours :help: get out after 9:30 pm

Be glad when this is over

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Well my tenure at Ruths Chris officially ended. Was there for 10 hours already on mothers day and all I said to my chef when he mentioned cleaning the fryers was I wanted to start earlier cuz I didnt want to be there all night. He then tells me to go home then leans down and says im a waste of f***ing labor

Funny since he was leaning on me all day. Was there 40 something hours out of the 72 this weekend. Made 80 pounds of mash potatoes but im a waste of labor. Lmao $16 and a waste of labor

This is why theyre losing people they dont know how to talk to people or pay them

4 broilers have quit. I quit. They fired my trainer. And the 2 cooks left both have interviews

You reap what you sow

I saw a shooting star last night my future will be bright
Keep remembering the shooting star ..... a good sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad