Premier League 2019-20 Part III

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ehhhhhh, this is technically incorrect. Kroenke was never a Wal-Mart "bloke", he was married into the Wal-Mart family via his wife.
He made his fortune through real-estate through strip-malls/shopping centers anchored by, you guessed it, Wal-Mart. One of his companies offered me a job at half the market rate, I just laughed at them. His entire thing is about being as cheap/low-cost as possible and exploiting what can be exploited.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He made his fortune through real-estate through strip-malls/shopping centers anchored by, you guessed it, Wal-Mart. One of his companies offered me a job at half the market rate, I just laughed at them.
It's simple economies 101; to keep product prices' down, you offer people as low as possible. Glad you laughed in their face though, there is a difference between cheap and being cheap because of greed.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I realize this might come as surprise to you but outside HFBoards, there's this thing called "reality". In it, it's unanimous opinion that Maguire, while clearly lacking in the agility department, is actually liked by United fans these days.
Oh I know he’s liked by United fans, I’m not saying that at all. But comparing him to other cult hero’s of the club he just has a different vibe. When I think of cult heroes I’m picturing Fletcher and Park Ji Sung. Maguire while well liked is just in a different area than someone like them.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oh I know he’s liked by United fans, I’m not saying that at all. But comparing him to other cult hero’s of the club he just has a different vibe. When I think of cult heroes I’m picturing Fletcher and Park Ji Sung. Maguire while well liked is just in a different area than someone like them.
Yeah I mean a cult hero is that quirky player that isn’t a star or maybe like a hard working player.
My obvious example would be Divock Origi last season. That’s the most cultist of heroist seasons ever.
United cult hero would be like Kiko Macheda that bastard

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Yes, Manchester United have earned a large (record) number of penalties this year, in large part because of fast attacking and good passing in the box. They've had 2 (off memory) that were awarded terrible. James against Norwich I believe and this one.

I also recall at least one where they weren't given what was a clear penalty against them.

So in terms of being awarded penalties, on net they're maybe +1 or +2 on the year.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yes, Manchester United have earned a large (record) number of penalties this year, in large part because of fast attacking and good passing in the box. They've had 2 (off memory) that were awarded terrible. James against Norwich I believe and this one.

I also recall at least one where they weren't given what was a clear penalty against them.

So in terms of being awarded penalties, on net they're maybe +1 or +2 on the year.
Lol.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

It's more to do with the size of his head. I mean I saw Slabhead first at Red Cafe and he's commonly referred to as that. :laugh: Here in Finland he's called "Laatikkopää" which means boxhead.

I mean, look at the size of that thing!

harry-maguire-is-unfairly-judged-because-of-his-head.jpg

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
not so fast.

Regardless of what they agree about publication, it's still a pivotal moment.

You could have everything from Man City having a 30+ point penalty next season while having elite players depart (possibly putting them in an actual relegation battle) and having a large chunk of their current owners/directors ineligible to be a part of the club any longer to FFP being basically dead.

Granted neither extreme is super likely, but where things fall is very significant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad