Premier League 2019-20 Part III

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Maybe this will allow Arsenal to spend.

Their owner is loaded and Arsenal is always among the top clubs in the world in revenue. The only reason they don't spend more is that their owner wants to pull profits out of the club.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Their owner is loaded and Arsenal is always among the top clubs in the world in revenue. The only reason they don't spend more is that their owner wants to pull profits out of the club.

I think this will allow them to do some final accounting to allow them to spend this summer. Especially with low interest rates.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Would you expect anything different from essentially a Wal-Mart guy? I suppose he does have a moral high ground though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blender

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Still nothing official but rumours are Henderson might be out the rest of the season and into next. Would be absolutely gutted for him if true.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Still nothing official but rumours are Henderson might be out the rest of the season and into next. Would be absolutely gutted for him if true.

At least he got to win the title while still active and get a couple of honor guards. Would have been even more brutal if it happened before that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
At least he got to win the title while still active and get a couple of honor guards. Would have been even more brutal if it happened before that.
Yeah, that's nice and I'm sure he absolutely loved that and it'll be what actually matters in the end but I'm sure he'd want to be on the field for the presentation of the trophy and the actual lift. Just feel for him if it's true.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah, that's nice and I'm sure he absolutely loved that and it'll be what actually matters in the end but I'm sure he'd want to be on the field for the presentation of the trophy and the actual lift. Just feel for him if it's true.

I gotta assume he’ll hobble out there to lift it

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Rafael van der Vaart really does not like Harry Maguire. Like, not at all.
To be honest, Van der Vaart was such a waste of talent to see him rip apart others as a pundit is comical. The guy was supposed to be the best talent at Ajax when they had Snijder and Ibra.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
To be honest, Van der Vaart was such a waste of talent to see him rip apart others as a pundit is comical. The guy was supposed to be the best talent at Ajax when they had Snijder and Ibra.
I watched a documentary about the Ajax team with him, Ibra and Mido. They make the most controversial footballers today seem tame in comparison.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I watched a documentary about the Ajax team with him, Ibra and Mido. They make the most controversial footballers today seem tame in comparison.
Part of the reason I'm a soccer/football fan is I was in Europe at 16 for Euro 2004. I was in Amsterdam when they advanced vs Sweden that year, the hype around VDV was insane. I expected him to be the next top talent in the world on the same level as Rooney and Ronaldo or at least a legit top-end player. He probably turned out to be maybe the 5th or 6th best player on that team behind Robben, RVN, Snijder, Seedorf, and Van der Sar (and that excluding the legends on the team like Stam or Davids).

But that Ajax team had a crazy level of talent. Selling Ibra at a discount price to Juve to making a bad challenge to VDV was insane.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Hello all

So Im deciding on a team to loosely follow in my spare time in the mornings and I understand that in soccer leagues with relegation that some teams tend to always stick in the main league. Names like Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U and Man C, Tottenham, etc..

Past that I know nothing of how contracts, trades, or how anything works past the rules of soccer itself.

I usually choose teams based on small things like jerseys, logos, and history but the Wolves have the best logo but I see arent the greatest and have been relegated before multiple times. Idk how Id ever handle this coming from NA sports

I could never choose Man U since theyre the biggest but what about Man C? They score a lot, continually are decent to great, and always are in the big leagues. Plus I hear they dont have many fans which coincides with all my favorite teams mostly lmao (Devils, Rams, Heat, Mets).

What are your thoughts on trying Man C as my team over a team like the Wolves?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean, even still he was a much better player than Maguire will ever be.

With that said I don't understand his obsession with him. He's unnecessarily harsh, as amusing at it might be.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00