News Article: Preds 2020 WINTER CLASSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I hope you realize that you're coming off as a bit of an ass in this thread. It's great that you don't have to worry about the difference between $100-200. For others it can be an issue and it's not as simple as saying that they were never going to go over $100. For some, it's very easy to put down for airfare, hotel for a few days, good seats at the game, spend some time downtown, eating etc. Others who are very passionate about the team (as we all are who post here) and would love the opportunity to go to what might be the only Preds WC ever, might not be able to justify that, but they could maybe drive down for $100 in gas and food on NYE, get a cheap $150 hotel, spend $75-100 on a ticket and make the drive back after the game. Especially splitting the drive time, gas and hotel with a buddy and get out of it for $350-400 while having a good time, even if it means rent is tight and they don't get to do anything else for a month or two, or six... while saving up some fun money again. But if that $100 ticket means they're sitting too far to see anything, at a bad angle and the only thing they get to do is say "I was there!", then maybe sacrificing your next X months of fun money isn't worth it.

So it would probably be a lot better for you to say "Dang, it sucks that some of the most hardcore fans are priced out of this one!" than to snap back on people who really are on the fence about $100.

It seems like the issue to you is the angle you get for the ticket price and not the rest of the expense. Yet the end has to do with the hardcore fans being priced out. I don't get the connection? If you can pay $100 for a ticket you're definitely getting something better than the worse view and I have no idea if that view means you're going to be at a bad angle or not.

This is precisely why I keep coming back to whether this whole discussion is actually about the ticket price or not? Again, a Saturday night game in Smashville against a primo opponent is going to be $100+ in the nose bleeds. The best seats are going to be a lot more than what that pricing chart showed for this game. I'm not exactly sure what a fair/reasonable price is supposed to be for a game like this? What is that price to you?

I'm not trying to come across like the money is absolutely irrelevant to me. That's not true at all. I'm cheating because my hotel room is free with points and I just sold my Blackhawks tickets for fan appreciation night so am basically getting tickets for free as well. I just don't think the whole deal here is really the ticket prices. At least in my opinion.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
It seems like the issue to you is the angle you get for the ticket price and not the rest of the expense. Yet the end has to do with the hardcore fans being priced out. I don't get the connection? If you can pay $100 for a ticket you're definitely getting something better than the worse view and I have no idea if that view means you're going to be at a bad angle or not.

This is precisely why I keep coming back to whether this whole discussion is actually about the ticket price or not? Again, a Saturday night game in Smashville against a primo opponent is going to be $100+ in the nose bleeds. The best seats are going to be a lot more than what that pricing chart showed for this game. I'm not exactly sure what a fair/reasonable price is supposed to be for a game like this? What is that price to you?

$100 in the 300's at Bridgestone are WAY better tickets than the $100 seats at the Cotton Bowl, it's not even close.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Let's just be clear, even the best seats for the WC are going to be terrible sightlines. That shouldn't even be a discussion. Your ants may be slightly larger than the $65 tickets ants. This isn't and has never been about being able to see a game well. It's an event. The franchise has never played outdoors. You go, tailgate, take the pictures, buy the t-shirt. That's what it is for. If that's not your thing I agree I wouldn't drop the $500 on hotels and flights to go hate the experience.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Let's just be clear, even the best seats for the WC are going to be terrible sightlines. That shouldn't even be a discussion. Your ants may be slightly larger than the $65 tickets ants. This isn't and has never been about being able to see a game well. It's an event. The franchise has never played outdoors. You go, tailgate, take the pictures, buy the t-shirt. That's what it is for. If that's not your thing I agree I wouldn't drop the $500 on hotels and flights to go hate the experience.

Precisely.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
so who got tickets today? were there good options?

Lots of pricing levels so basically the same as the chart that was shown earlier. I did notice that the Preds offering topped out at the $205 range so still not sure what those levels are that are even more expensive than those.

*Just noticed the $205 pricing level is gone so very possible I was too slow to see anything more expensive than that.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Lots of pricing levels so basically the same as the chart that was shown earlier. I did notice that the Preds offering topped out at the $205 range so still not sure what those levels are that are even more expensive than those.
Interesting. I saw some of the screenshots people were posting on Facebook and for some reason that 'middle' sections were not made available. just stuff past the goal line.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Biggest concern is the refund policy:

2020 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® Refund Policy

The time and/or date of the Event may be rescheduled for any reason. If rescheduled, the Event will be held at the Stadium on January 1, 2020 at an alternate time from the originally scheduled time, or on January 2, 2020, at a time to be determined. Event tickets issued for January 1, 2020 will be honored if the Event is rescheduled for January 2, 2020. Please note refunds will not be issued if the Event is delayed, postponed or otherwise rescheduled at the same venue.

I pulled out the portion that may be of greatest interest to those considering travel.

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Interesting. I saw some of the screenshots people were posting on Facebook and for some reason that 'middle' sections were not made available. just stuff past the goal line.

I also just noticed that all of the "center sections" were only made available as "Accessible seating". Just tried to check out seating options on a couple of the color coded areas and no tickets are available.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The time and/or date of the Event may be rescheduled for any reason. If rescheduled, the Event will be held at the Stadium on January 1, 2020 at an alternate time from the originally scheduled time, or on January 2, 2020, at a time to be determined. Event tickets issued for January 1, 2020 will be honored if the Event is rescheduled for January 2, 2020. Please note refunds will not be issued if the Event is delayed, postponed or otherwise rescheduled at the same venue.[/quote]

I pulled out the portion that may be of greatest interest to those considering travel.
[/QUOTE]

So if it's "cancelled" it would be refunded (probably--doesn't actually say that but that's the only other scenario that is left) , but in any other case it's up to you to get to the venue when they see fit to have the game. I can't say that I blame them for spelling it out but if they decide to postpone for 2 weeks that would be difficult to reschedule. Had it been me, I'd have had this policy for up to Jan. 3 and anything beyond that be refunded or honored when the event happens. But it isn't me. So be prepared!

I kind of want to go but I won't be buying tickets til much closer to the event since I'm not for sure on it.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I didn't realize how badly I butchered the quotes until you replied. (now corrected)

I also didn't read the policy the same way you did initially but fully understand how it could be taken that way if broken into parts. At first it reads as if it will be on either January 1st or January 2nd.

If rescheduled, the Event will be held at the Stadium on January 1, 2020 at an alternate time from the originally scheduled time, or on January 2, 2020, at a time to be determined. Event tickets issued for January 1, 2020 will be honored if the Event is rescheduled for January 2, 2020.

But then it goes on to add this:

Please note refunds will not be issued if the Event is delayed, postponed or otherwise rescheduled at the same venue.

The first quote basically says if this gets rescheduled it will be held on either Jan 1st or Jan 2nd at a time TBD.

The second quote leads me to believe they will not refund you if the event is rescheduled at the same venue at any point in time in the future.

Is it possible we are reading too much into this and it really is most likely that this is only going to be played in the Cotton Bowl on either the 1st or the 2nd?

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Got a little carried away. Between myself and another couple we sit with, we both got the max 8 (total of 16) in Section 4, row 33. It was the closest available section in the lower bowl. Chose halfway up thinking it'll be a better angle to see max ice. $205 a pop. Only had solid need for 9 but many peeps asking us before hand about tix so rolling the dice I'll doll them all out to friends or sell them for at least face. Looks like they put all the STHers in a six section area in the lower bowl and some sections near there in the the upper. Now waiting for SWA's reservation window to reach the end of Dec.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Just checked when I got home and the more expensive sections are now available. $285 and $245. Were these just somehow not available via mobile or did they just release them? Some people are gonna be pissed if they bought the $205 early without having a 'better' option hah.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
@LCPreds I think they forgot to add "if the game is totally canceled you're probably SOL but current plans are to reschedule if a monsoon hits on 1/1/20."

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Got mine. Center ice, upper bowl, section 106. I know the view is going to be poor but didn't want to be too low either.

There weren't that many seats to choose from though. Most of the seats in the blue sections were already sold.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
As someone who has gone to a few outdoor games, the sightlines arent as bad as people are making them out to be. I mean they arent incredible, but it isnt horrible either, if that makes sense.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
When are y'all booking your hotel? About a month out?

And this would have been way better if they held it in Nashville at Nissan Stadium. Everything to do is so much closer to the venue than in Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad