News Article: Preds 2020 WINTER CLASSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Even if it were here I wouldn't go. I have no desire to watch a hockey game in a football stadium. I get the whole " experience " idea, but to be frank, I think the Winter Classic is one seriously overhyped gimmick. Too each their own though.

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
UT-VT at Bristol- $225 apiece for 4 seats you had to watch the game on the scoreboard from.
UT-Florida 2016- $150 apiece for upper bowl seats
UT- UGA 2016- $200 apiece 50 yard line
Titans-Jags 2017- $275 lower bowl
UT-UK SEC tournament 2019- $300 upper bowl
UT- Auburn SEC tournament 2019- $220 upper bowl

If it's too expensive don't go .
Sorry ill try to stop being so poor

Reactions: Armourboy

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Even if it were here I wouldn't go. I have no desire to watch a hockey game in a football stadium. I get the whole " experience " idea, but to be frank, I think the Winter Classic is one seriously overhyped gimmick. Too each their own though.
definitely a gimmick, but its a cool event and an alternative to sitting hungover at home

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I’m still not getting the ticket price being expensive. Maybe I’m just numb to it since it’s baked into my season ticket pricing already but what are people paying for tickets at Bridgestone? In the biggest regular season Saturday night game of the year? Because to me that’s the comparable here. And should also assume you’re not paying a season ticket holder discounted rate.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
You can tell people are so spoiled by the Preds having dirt cheap tickets.

Here's some examples of what I've paid for tickets to big games over the last few years

UT-VT at Bristol- $225 apiece for 4 seats you had to watch the game on the scoreboard from.
UT-Florida 2016- $150 apiece for upper bowl seats
UT- UGA 2016- $200 apiece 50 yard line
Titans-Jags 2017- $275 lower bowl
UT-UK SEC tournament 2019- $300 upper bowl
UT- Auburn SEC tournament 2019- $220 upper bowl

The only sporting event that I've badly wanted to go to and paid cheap prices for were Preds games because I was a season ticket holder. I attended the Finals for less than $80 a ticket.

If it's too expensive don't go but I wouldn't say there is anything unreasonable about those prices. It's not really the event's responsibility to factor your travel cost into their ticket prices.
holy hell man! Tennessee football has robbed you blind!

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I’m still not getting the ticket price being expensive. Maybe I’m just numb to it since it’s baked into my season ticket pricing already but what are people paying for tickets at Bridgestone? In the biggest regular season Saturday night game of the year? Because to me that’s the comparable here.
uppers would be about $100 a ticket. but I don't think there is a bad seat at Bridgestone.

i would like to see if they had a virtual 3D seating chart. that would shift my opinion from too high to "I get it".

I wonder if all seats will sell? at the end of the day, it's still Dallas versus Nashville. how many people are expected to be able to attend?

Reactions: valeriammm

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
uppers would be about $100 a ticket. but I don't think there is a bad seat at Bridgestone.

i would like to see if they had a virtual 3D seating chart. that would shift my opinion from too high to "I get it".

I wonder if all seats will sell? at the end of the day, it's still Dallas versus Nashville. how many people are expected to be able to attend?
It's a 97,000 seat stadium so I would be shocked if every seat sold tbh.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
holy hell man! Tennessee football has robbed you blind!
Those particular games were pretty great. Won in Bristol, first time beating Florida in 10 years, hail mary game at UGA that I'll never forget. I got my value from those tickets. The ones since, not so much.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
$55 plus fees for the worst seats in house. Its not like the entire football field is being used, its a pretty crappy view even for those with good vision
It kinda sounds like you just have a problem with the huge venue and the ability to see the game, not the prices. Would you be okay with it if they were $35?

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Those particular games were pretty great. Won in Bristol, first time beating Florida in 10 years, hail mary game at UGA that I'll never forget. I got my value from those tickets. The ones since, not so much.

And in the long run, how would your life be different had you not spent the money on those tickets? Oftentimes we spend so much time worrying about the 'value' of spending $200 vs. $100 and in the long run wouldn't even remember what we opted to spend that money on in lieu of the ticket.

Reactions: TitansVolsPreds615

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
And in the long run, how would your life be different had you not spent the money on those tickets? Oftentimes we spend so much time worrying about the 'value' of spending $200 vs. $100 and in the long run wouldn't even remember what we opted to spend that money on in lieu of the ticket.
I'm just not spending that kind of money for a couple hours of entertainment. I guess when you don't have the kind of money to toss away a grand on something like that it holds no value to you period. Granted even if I had it I still wouldn't blow it on one single regular season hockey game, or in his case a regular season game vs Georgia.

Now if its game 7 of the SCF or the National Championship game in the case of football maybe I could see it. A game that at the end of the day had no bearing on anything? Nah.

Reactions: valeriammm

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
I think the difference here that some of you all seem to be missing is that those $200 for people like myself dont just get "tossed around" thats rent money, thats food, thats my train fare for two months.

Reactions: Armourboy

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think the difference here that some of you all seem to be missing is that those $200 for people like myself dont just get "tossed around" thats rent money, thats food, thats my train fare for two months.
Well and in my case its paying off debt so the wife and I can build our first and last house. Tired of renting.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

And again... if the variance between $100 and $200 for the hockey ticket is the deal breaker for you to pay your rent then you weren't going to Dallas anyway. So why bother bitching about the ticket price?

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
And again... if the variance between $100 and $200 for the hockey ticket is the deal breaker for you to pay your rent then you weren't going to Dallas anyway. So why bother *****ing about the ticket price?
f*** me for even bothering to discuss tickets I guess. I didnt realize I had to be able to purchase a ticket before I could even talk about the pricing.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I'm just not spending that kind of money for a couple hours of entertainment. I guess when you don't have the kind of money to toss away a grand on something like that it holds no value to you period. Granted even if I had it I still wouldn't blow it on one single regular season hockey game, or in his case a regular season game vs Georgia.

Now if its game 7 of the SCF or the National Championship game in the case of football maybe I could see it. A game that at the end of the day had no bearing on anything? Nah.
That's why I'm making a weekend of it. Getting an Airbnb with friends, going to a party in Dallas on NYE, Game on New Years Day.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
And again... if the variance between $100 and $200 for the hockey ticket is the deal breaker for you to pay your rent then you weren't going to Dallas anyway. So why bother *****ing about the ticket price?

I hope you realize that you're coming off as a bit of an ass in this thread. It's great that you don't have to worry about the difference between $100-200. For others it can be an issue and it's not as simple as saying that they were never going to go over $100. For some, it's very easy to put down for airfare, hotel for a few days, good seats at the game, spend some time downtown, eating etc. Others who are very passionate about the team (as we all are who post here) and would love the opportunity to go to what might be the only Preds WC ever, might not be able to justify that, but they could maybe drive down for $100 in gas and food on NYE, get a cheap $150 hotel, spend $75-100 on a ticket and make the drive back after the game. Especially splitting the drive time, gas and hotel with a buddy and get out of it for $350-400 while having a good time, even if it means rent is tight and they don't get to do anything else for a month or two, or six... while saving up some fun money again. But if that $100 ticket means they're sitting too far to see anything, at a bad angle and the only thing they get to do is say "I was there!", then maybe sacrificing your next X months of fun money isn't worth it.

So it would probably be a lot better for you to say "Dang, it sucks that some of the most hardcore fans are priced out of this one!" than to snap back on people who really are on the fence about $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad