Friedman: Predicts Avs Will Go “Big-Game Hunting”

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Surely you mean Rakell at 3.8m is better than Hall at like 10m? Because in no world is that true otherwise.
Rakell prob gets a bit underated due to a bad offensive ducks team... but man you put him on avs at 3.8 for 2.5 years... not a bad fit at all... best winger not named rantanen

Reactions: BHD and OTC

obZen

Jul 1, 2019
I'm not a huge fan of either Hall or Kreider. I'd take them for the right price but wouldn't be willing to give up more than Kaut/Jost and a 1st. Maybe add another player like Zadorov or Bowers. I know I'm in the minority but Timmins is almost as untouchable as Byram.

Reactions: AnimalMother73

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'm not a huge fan of either Hall or Kreider. I'd take them for the right price but wouldn't be willing to give up more than Kaut/Jost and a 1st. Maybe add another player like Zadorov or Bowers. I know I'm in the minority but Timmins is almost as untouchable as Byram.

He wouldn't be in my book but according the beat writers around the Avs, management absolutely loves Timmins so it wouldn't surprise me. Zero chance Sakic is even considering trading Byram. Jersey fans need to wrap their heads around that, the Hall trade would and should fall apart if Shero makes Byram the requirement. #1 defensive prospects don't get traded.

Reactions: obZen

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Oh my imagine their power play .

Landeskog
Hall - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Makar

W/ Kadri, Burakovsky and Girard subbing in...

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Avalanche Ownership: Got some big game for you: Kyle Dubas. Leafs willing to take Joe Sakic back. If you want to make the deal even bigger, will swap coaches as well! With those 2 on your side your fortunes will change dramatically!

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Avalanche Ownership: Got some big game for you: Kyle Dubas. Leafs willing to take Joe Sakic back. If you want to make the deal even bigger, will swap coaches as well! With those 2 on your side you won't even need to make any player changes.
Lol I remember us going after Dubas at one point. Well I guess you guys got what you wanted

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Rakell prob gets a bit underated due to a bad offensive ducks team... but man you put him on avs at 3.8 for 2.5 years... not a bad fit at all... best winger not named rantanen
Landeskog...

But ya. Would gladly take Rakell. Not saying that lol. Just saying he’s not Hall

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I'd have significantly more interest and would give up quite a lot more for Rakell than I would for Hall or let alone Kreider...

If Rakell is available, I wouldn't hesitate giving up our 1st + any non-Byram prospect + one of our secondary roster players (Zadorov, Jost, Compher, Donskoi, etc) + maybe even more.

I hope we stay away from Hall and Kreider. Both will be on horrible contracts a year from now and would cost too much...

I would think a lot of clubs would be interested in Rakell at around that value.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hall is a great player and I'm usually on the "get an elite core & then focus on the supporting cast" bandwagon; but I'd rather we saved Byram & used our other ammo on 2nd tier targets...ideally something like Zucker, Pageau & Savard to give us that legit top 6er who could step right in next to MacK, that middle-pairing vet to help stabilize our young blueline, and an elite 3C to give us an advantage we can lean on down the middle.

Those are the caliber of target that best fit what we've got to spend; as opposed to trying to piece together some Byram-free uber-package for Hall...or worse, burning that Byram card now when we don't need a Hall caliber addition to get to where we want to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: obZen

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The Rickard Rakell that had 43 points in 69 games and got outscored by Andrew Shaw in fewer games? That Rickard Rakell?
Boy oh boy Hall is criminally underrated in this thread..Rakell is a better player lmao. Lay off the bottle, lads, it's okay I'll drive you home.

Rakell: 360 games played in last five seasons
Hall: 316 games played in last five seasons

Thus, Rakell is the better player.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad