Friedman: Predicts Avs Will Go “Big-Game Hunting”

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
They need depth so badly. I don’t know why but they remind me a little bit of Toronto 2 years ago. Few high-end talent, no depth, incredibly soft and average goaltender. Not looking that good for the future unless they can do something about it

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
They need depth so badly. I don’t know why but they remind me a little bit of Toronto 2 years ago. Few high-end talent, no depth, incredibly soft and average goaltender. Not looking that good for the future unless they can do something about it

giphy.gif

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Well you can’t go with 5 high end talent, 8 NHL players and 5 AHL quality player if you have subpar goaltender. You’ll get taken out each year by teams with better depth. Toronto being an example.

90 points last year (lucky you got into the playoff - Weak division and weak conference) and this year started 7-0 and now on pace for barely 100 points after 19 games :/

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Well you can’t go with 5 high end talent, 8 NHL players and 5 AHL quality player if you have subpar goaltender. You’ll get taken out each year by teams with better depth. Toronto being an example.

90 points last year (lucky you got into the playoff - Weak division and weak conference) and this year started 7-0 and now on pace for barely 100 points after 19 games :/
Things like that usually happen when you lose 6 regulars to injuries and 2/3 of your best players :/

They have depth and future assets, what they need is another impact top 6 player - which is why Sakic pushed so hard for Panarin

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Things like that usually happen when you lose 6 regulars to injuries and 2/3 of your best players :/

They have depth and future assets, what they need is another impact top 6 player - which is why Sakic pushed so hard for Panarin

Every team deals with injuries. This is why depth is so important. Nothing wrong with saying that

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Every team deals with injuries. This is why depth is so important. Nothing wrong with saying that

No team is equipped to lose two top line players. Take away Marchand and Pasta from Boston and they'll struggle. Same with Tkachuk and Gaudreau. Duchene and Forsberg. Huberdeau and Dadonov. No team has enough depth to adequately lose two players of that quality at the same time.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
No team is equipped to lose two top line players. Take away Marchand and Pasta from Boston and they'll struggle. Same with Tkachuk and Gaudreau. Duchene and Forsberg. Huberdeau and Dadonov. No team has enough depth to adequately lose two players of that quality at the same time.

They lost Bergeron and Pasta for 17+ games. Chara for ~20 games, McCavoy for 30+. Yet they still managed to do 107 points because of... depth! Surprise

oxenfree

Jun 20, 2019
Oh so you disagree? Sorry I hurt your feeling saying you lack depth and your team is soft.

Carey Price has only had one good season and any goalie would've looked good behind that Team Canada defense. His contract is an albatross and will keep the Habs in limbo for the entire length of it.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Carey Price has only had one good season and any goalie would've looked good behind that Team Canada defense. His contract is an albatross and will keep the Habs in limbo for the entire length of it.

Maybe. Why should you care

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
They lost Bergeron and Pasta for 17+ games. Chara for ~20 games, McCavoy for 30+. Yet they still managed to do 107 points because of... depth! Surprise

Okay... so I guess we’ll see how we’re playing after Rantanen comes back. If he misses 17 games and we go back to playing like we were before we got injured, 107 points is very attainable.

Reactions: Avaholic29

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

I know you desperately want the Avs to trade for the albatross contract that is Carey Price, hence why you keep posting literal false statements like this one.... But it's not happening.

We still do not have any interest at all in Carey Price, just like the rest of the NHL. He's your problem to deal with.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
People call Jordan Staal moose. Have at him

We already have our own moose in Rantanen. Would be too confusing for our announcers, sorry. Not going to happen..

IMO if the Avs want to do something, they should look at a guy like Athanasiou from Detroit...
Wings certainly could use a few more picks and prospects and the Avs wouldn't have to touch their first rate assets to make something happen...
He also is still an RFA on July 1st which bodes well for the Avs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad