Friedman: Predicts Avs Will Go “Big-Game Hunting”

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Can’t see them going after more secondary pieces. They’re good players yes, but the Avs have a lot of depth already. They have the cap space and the assets to acquire legit game changing talent. They chased Panarin hard this offseason. I think a player like Hall will be who Sakic tries to add.
Rakell is better than Taylor Hall.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
I could see the Avs getting Hall. They wouldn’t even be competing with any other team for him since there isn’t a lot of cap space out there. I wouldn’t expect a very high return for rentals with high cap hits this year. It’s going to be a very boring trade deadline.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I could see the Avs getting Hall. They wouldn’t even be competing with any other team for him since there isn’t a lot of cap space out there. I wouldn’t expect a very high return for rentals with high cap hits this year. It’s going to be a very boring trade deadline.
One, Devils will probably be willing to eat 50% of the salary to get the best possible return, making it a cap hit of 3m. Two, by the deadline, teams that have accumulated cap-space throughout the year are unlikely to have much trouble adding that.

63 others

Mar 3, 2018
I don't think the avs should trade important pieces for rentals, at least not yet.
And as great hall is as a Player, his next contract will get ugly.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Kreider.

Avs arent going to give up what it would take to get him from NJ. Plus who knows if he could even play a playoff series without injuring himself. Too much risk.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Tough time of the year to go big game hunting, good luck with that.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
They are not trading Byram for a UFA, as much as they talk a big game that team is cheap and will not be giving away great young prospects or signing Hall

The Avs have an extremely wealthy ownership group that has shown a willingness to spend big dollars, including a large offer to Panarin this past summer. But the organization does seem to have an aversion to handing out long term deals, which has some logic to it.

As far as giving up young talent, I am not sure how that equates to being cheap.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Avs don’t have a Brannstrom level D prospect and Byram is obviously way above Brannstrom’s level.

Because of this they’d probably have to use a higher pick. Here’s what I think is a fair proposal.

Conor Timmins
Justus Annunen
2020 1st
2021 3rd (becomes 2nd if Hall signs)

Annunen is an absolute stud by the way. By the time the WJC is over I’d bet he’s considered one of the best G prospects on the planet. He’s 19 years old and through 11 LIIGA games he has a .952 save percentage and 5 shutouts lol.
Lol we shouldn't be trading Annunen. We need a goalie for the future and have no other promising prospects.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Taylor Hall seems taylor made for the Avs if you ask me. Return might be steep for the Avs but it would be worth it for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad