Not open for further replies.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I actually do like the following

Tkachuk - White - C.Brown
Stutzle - Tierney - Dadonov
Formenton - Norris - Batherson
Galchenyuk - Anisimov - Paul/Watson (what a waste)

Abramov/Paul - Chlapik - Balcers (try this as fourth line)
Abramov - Paul - Balcers

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Pretty much impossible to predict right now the sens have 16 forwards that can conceivably be on the team.

Locks

Tkachuk, Dadonov, C. Brown, Tierney, White, Anisimov, Galchenyuk, Paul, Watson

On the bubble

Stuetzle, L. Brown, Norris, Balcers, Chlapik, Abramov Formenton

Here is my current best guess.

TkachukTierneyDadonov
StuetzleAnisimovC.Brown
GalchenyukL.Brown/NorrisWhite
PaulChlapikWatson
Balcers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You forgot Batherson....i think he's a lock

I wonder what the impact will be of guys playing in Europe and being game ready. A guy like Abramov is playing whereas a lot of the Belleville crew is not.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You forgot Batherson....i think he's a lock

I wonder what the impact will be of guys playing in Europe and being game ready. A guy like Abramov is playing whereas a lot of the Belleville crew is not.
Wow how did i manage to do that haha. Yeah I think he is very close to a lock as well. Really makes the add of Galchenyuk strange.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Wow how did i manage to do that haha. Yeah I think he is very close to a lock as well. Really makes the add of Galchenyuk strange.

Galchenyuk strikes me as the one thing they've done this off season that doesn't jive with everything else

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I actually do like the following

Tkachuk - White - C.Brown
Stutzle - Tierney - Dadonov
Formenton - Norris - Batherson
Galchenyuk - Anisimov - Paul/Watson (what a waste)

Abramov/Paul - Chlapik - Balcers (try this as fourth line)
Abramov - Paul - Balcers
Yeah having two small soft players on the 4th line that is easy to play against is how you build a winner. You are incredibly correct.

Batherson is strictly RW though
He can play both wings. They have enough players that can play multiple positions. They literally have too many players. I dont understand why he was signed with so many players pushing for ice time.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Yeah having two small soft players on the 4th line that is easy to play against is how you build a winner. You are incredibly correct.

We don't have a legitimate 2nd line center, let alone a 1st line center, but you are worried about Galchenyuk playing on the 4th line because he is small?

At, least we will have more scoring on the 4th line compare to some other team's bigger, slower, less talented players.

Reactions: Sweatred

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We don't have a legitimate 2nd line center, let alone a 1st line center, but you are worried about Galchenyuk playing on the 4th line because he is small?

At, least we will have more scoring on the 4th line compare to some other team's bigger, slower, less talented players.
You had Balcers and Abramov on a 4th line over Paul and Watson. Paul is faster than both those players, you dont win building a team that way and the sens certainly arent building a team of soft small players on its bottom lines. The two biggest teams in the NHL won the cup in 2018 and 2019 a team loaded with skill in tampa went out and got a bunch of physicality and grit after getting swept the previous season in the first round. Whether people want to be in denial or not being physical and having size is incredibly important.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Yuk is the cheap and still youngish reclamation project that can be Boedkar'ed if need be. I think Galchenyuk is still good to provide over 40 points even with 3rd line minutes. I do see this move as a departure from Duclair. At $1.05 Million, he is a low risk high type reward move (like Duclair last year) I come to expect from the Sens GM. And he is a legit NHL veteran with over 400 games played.

The Perry rumour is what I find, pleasantly, strange. I think the Sens organization knows a thing or two about potentially reduced and compressed pandemic schedule. There are also rumours about expanded rosters next year. That's where Perry would make an excellent add.

It is probable that Stuetzle is left behind to simmer 1 more season at Mannheim with their season already underway and the AHL not starting until February 2021. If Sens brass want him to play in the NHL, adding Perry might actually make this team more competitive in the rumoured Canadian division. This new roster is improved on offence, defence, and goaltending, with a lot of depth on each position. It's a feisty bunch starting with the coach and down the line up. In a compressed season with a hot start and a feisty team of Inglorious Bastards, this team may make it close. And then the Perry signing becomes that much more valuable, because, it's Corey Mutha f***ing Perry. As long as he is signed for cheap.

Dorion did well this off season, I will give him a cookie for that.

Last edited:

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
You had Balcers and Abramov on a 4th line over Paul and Watson. Paul is faster than both those players, you dont win building a team that way and the sens certainly arent building a team of soft small players on its bottom lines. The two biggest teams in the NHL won the cup in 2018 and 2019 a team loaded with skill in tampa went out and got a bunch of physicality and grit after getting swept the previous season in the first round. Whether people want to be in denial or not being physical and having size is incredibly important.

You win the Cup with the most talent and good defense (not physical defense). And, just so you know Abramov is not a soft player. I personally don't care about Balcers, but I would like to see Abramov over any guys we can throw on our 4th line.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

FINALLY! The defence rests your honour.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yuk is the cheap and still youngish reclamation project that can be Boedkar'ed if need be. I think Galchenyuk is still good to provide over 40 points even with 3rd line minutes. I do see this move as a departure from Duclair. At $1.05 Million, he is a low risk high type reward move (like Duclair last year) I come to expect from the Sens GM. And he is a legit NHL veteran with over 400 games played.

The Perry rumour is what I find, pleasantly, strange. I think the Sens organization knows a thing or two about potentially reduced and compressed pandemic schedule. There are also rumours about expanded rosters next year. That's where Perry would make an excellent add.

It is probable that Stuetzle is left behind to simmer 1 more season at Mannheim with their season already underway and the AHL not starting until February 2021. If Sens brass want him to play in the NHL, adding Perry might actually make this team more competitive in the rumoured Canadian division. This new roster is improved on offence, defence, and goaltending, with a lot of depth on each position. It's a feisty bunch starting with the coach and down the line up. In a compressed season with a hot start and a feisty team of Inglorious Bastards, this team may make it close. And then the Perry signing becomes that much more valuable, because, it's Corey Mutha f***ing Perry. As long as he is signed for cheap.

Dorion did well this off season, I will give him a cookie for that.

I am keeping my cookies safe to reward performance when it is measurably achieved. :)

Reactions: armani

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You win the Cup with the most talent and good defense (not physical defense). And, just so you know Abramov is not a soft player. I personally don't care about Balcers, but I would like to see Abramov over any guys we can throw on our 4th line.
Immediate history says you are incorrect, big physical D cores that are both skilled and hard to play against are what you need to win. Abramov is a great offensive skill talent but he is terrible away from the puck thats why he isnt in the NHL already. He is a really bad fit on a checking line. He needs another year of pro in the AHL to learn how to play both ways, I do think he will be a player but not in the role you have suggested.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Immediate history says you are incorrect, big physical D cores that are both skilled and hard to play against are what you need to win. Abramov is a great offensive skill talent but he is terrible away from the puck thats why he isnt in the NHL already. He is a really bad fit on a checking line. He needs another year of pro in the AHL to learn how to play both ways, I do think he will be a player but not in the role you have suggested.

If Abramov becomes an NHL player he will have to either score a lot of points or become a solid defensive player who back checks and forechecks relentlessly. He will never overpower opponents, so he will have to out-compete them for puck possession. I hope he develops into that type of player.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It should be an intense battle between L. Brown/Galchenyuk/Formenton/Balcers/Norris/Chlapik/Abramov for just a couple of spots on the roster.

If Stuetzle comes over there’s one less spot... The forwards are very crowded right now with great depth.

Hopefully we start training camp a bit earlier maybe a bit before the WJC.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Senators training camp battles: Which forwards will make the cut?
A few scenarios discussed here.

I like scenario 3.. with Stutzle staying in the DEL for this year.
Brady TkachukColin WhiteEvgenii Dadonov
Alex GalchenyukChris TierneyConnor Brown
Alex FormentonJosh NorrisDrake Batherson
Nick PaulArtem AnisimovAustin Watson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Not mentioned .. but not sure how likely it is we have 3 unproven NHL prospects on one line. We could slide Tierney down there
For me Brown vs Norris is a thing as well. May the best man/player win that job.

Prospects, Balcers, Chlapik , Abramov ... should not be 13th forwards ideally... I expect Haley, Shaw or Peca .. to be that.

It will be a weird year all around. The AHL won't be as we have known it either . BIG decisions from a development point of view as well if the AHL is stalled at all.

Reactions: Icelevel

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
God, this team is going to suck Blue Whale Balls, there are about 14 or 15 guys I would trade from this team below over the next two seasons & a few more in the org not seen below.

Tkachuk - White - Dadonov
Galchenyuk - Tierny - C. Brown
Paul - L. Brown - Batherson
Balcers - Anisimov - Watson/Hailey

Chabot - Zaitsev
Reilly - Gudbranson
Wolanin - J. Brown/Zub

Murray - Hogberg

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Nick PaulArtem Anisimov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
For me Brown vs Norris is a thing as well. May the best man/player win that job.

So upsetting to see Brown/Norris’s development take a back seat so we can develop White as a 1C.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
God, this team is going to suck Blue Whale Balls, there are about 14 or 15 guys I would trade from this team below over the next two seasons & a few more in the org not seen below.

Tkachuk - White - Dadonov
Galchenyuk - Tierny - C. Brown
Paul - L. Brown - Batherson
Balcers - Anisimov - Watson/Hailey

Chabot - Zaitsev
Reilly - Gudbranson
Wolanin - J. Brown/Zub

Murray - Hogberg

14 or 15 guys? lol can you name them?

Haley is an AHL player by the way, who might get a call up or two when injuries.

Also, making a roster is pretty much just a guess at this point, there's still many things to find out before being able to draw a finished line-up. You'll have a much better idea by the end of training camp. There's only 8 forwards on a 1-way contract (plus Tkachuk who is on a 2-way but has a guaranteed spot) and 6 D-men

Some of the things to find out :

- We have to know if Stuetzle is going to play in Ottawa this season
- What about Norris, Formenton, Chlapik, Brannstrom, etc? I don't think they'll go down that easily
- We don't even know if the 23-men rosters will be extended this year
- Any injury?
- Any upcoming trades? There's still several teams who need to make moves.

Also by having some of these players positionned differently in the line-up, I actually have no problem having many of them. Of course, Logan Brown and Batherson have to prove they belong. Balcers has to rebound from injury plagued season. I actually think Josh Brown will be Chabot's partner for some reason. Wolanin has to rebound from injury, like Balcers. I think Zub will surprise a lot of people. He won't be a Norris candidate but NHL competent. I have no problem with Zaitsev if he is not used as a shutdown D-man (yes Sens are really lacking in that department, can Josh Brown or Gudbranson play the Left side?)

Tkachuk - Tierney - Dadonov
Galchenyuk - L. Brown - Batherson
Balcers
- White - C. Brown
Paul
- Anisimov - Watson

Chabot - J. Brown
Wolanin - Zub
Reilly - Zaitsev/Gudbranson

Murray - Hogberg/Daccord

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Senators training camp battles: Which forwards will make the cut?
A few scenarios discussed here.

I like scenario 3.. with Stutzle staying in the DEL for this year.
Nick PaulArtem AnisimovAustin Watson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Not mentioned .. but not sure how likely it is we have 3 unproven NHL prospects on one line. We could slide Tierney down there

Prospects, Balcers, Chlapik , Abramov ... should not be 13th forwards ideally... I expect Haley, Shaw or Peca .. to be that.

It will be a weird year all around. The AHL won't be as we have known it either . BIG decisions from a development point of view as well if the AHL is stalled at all.

I was nodding in agreement all the way until down (except for White centering Line 1) until I hit the sentence where you said “I expect Haley, Shaw or Peca . . to be that.” Those three are not ideally the 4th liners I want to see on this team.

Reactions: Sweatred

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I was nodding in agreement all the way until down (except for White centering Line 1) until I hit the sentence where you said “I expect Haley, Shaw or Peca . . to be that.” Those three are not ideally the 4th liners I want to see on this team.
Yes well if you read just a little closer .. I said one of them for 13th forward. I would rather one of them than Chlapik or Balcers who I prefer to be playing somewhere.

Hailey said in her article or in the Q and A , she thought White finished the year strong and was good with Tkachuk and Stone so maybe hoping for that to return.. She had White there on several options.
Anyway .. we'll see if they push that this year. He wasn't ready for that last year

Reactions: Cosmix

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Tkachuk - Norris - Brown
Thierney - White - Dadonov
Galchenyuk - Brown - Batherson
Paul - Anisimov - Watson

Chabot - Zaitsev
Brannstrom.- Gudbranson
Wolanin - Zub

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
14 or 15 guys? lol can you name them?

Haley is an AHL player by the way, who might get a call up or two when injuries.

Also, making a roster is pretty much just a guess at this point, there's still many things to find out before being able to draw a finished line-up. You'll have a much better idea by the end of training camp. There's only 8 forwards on a 1-way contract (plus Tkachuk who is on a 2-way but has a guaranteed spot) and 6 D-men

Some of the things to find out :

- We have to know if Stuetzle is going to play in Ottawa this season
- What about Norris, Formenton, Chlapik, Brannstrom, etc? I don't think they'll go down that easily
- We don't even know if the 23-men rosters will be extended this year
- Any injury?
- Any upcoming trades? There's still several teams who need to make moves.

Also by having some of these players positionned differently in the line-up, I actually have no problem having many of them. Of course, Logan Brown and Batherson have to prove they belong. Balcers has to rebound from injury plagued season. I actually think Josh Brown will be Chabot's partner for some reason. Wolanin has to rebound from injury, like Balcers. I think Zub will surprise a lot of people. He won't be a Norris candidate but NHL competent. I have no problem with Zaitsev if he is not used as a shutdown D-man (yes Sens are really lacking in that department, can Josh Brown or Gudbranson play the Left side?)

Tkachuk - Tierney - Dadonov
Galchenyuk - L. Brown - Batherson
Balcers
- White - C. Brown
Paul
- Anisimov - Watson

Chabot - J. Brown
Wolanin - Zub
Reilly - Zaitsev/Gudbranson

Murray - Hogberg/Daccord

Yes, there are a lot of unanswered questions & some could go on most of this yr & into next yr. Over the next couple of seasons I would trade most of the players in that lineup with the exception of Chabot, Tkachuk, L. Brown, Batherson & Wolanin, until Sanderson takes his spot. My point is that a number of these guys are transition pieces, that are here until a prospect takes their job. With some it might take a little longer for the prospect to take their job or to trade the guy whose spot they want to move the prospect into. It's a yr to insert Batherson, L. Brown, Formenton, Hogberg & Norris into the lineup over the course of the yr.

IMO this is another transition season where we move out the old for the new, acquire a few more draft/prospect assets for a future team. Even a guy like Dadonov who could be here for at least a couple of seasons is not going to be on any future SC contender here. Some might think we are going to be a SC contender sooner than me, but I think we all agree that most of the guys in that lineup won't be part of a SC team. There are probably about 5 to 7 guys they could move this yr & about the same amount next yr over the course of the season & a few more the following yr. Guys they can't move likely don't get re-signed.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Been awhile since I have looked forward to Sens hockey this much. I'd buy tickets in an instant if the team was sold. Even if Stutzle stays in Germany and the Sens are at the bottom of the barrel again there are enough young players breaking in to keep me interested - Batherson, Brannstrom, L. Brown, and Norris at least. Big year for White too, time to start earning that contract.

Also very curious to see how Murray and Dadonov will do. Feels like so much is going on compared to the last couple years where we're just waiting for all the good players to get traded.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I hope that the season begins a little later than has been discussed. It would be fun to see Timmy play for Germany again in those bad ass jerseys.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille