Sens Shot Predicting the Opening Day Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Other posters have Logan Brown as the number one centre and you don’t even have him in the line up. Seems like opinions are all over the place for the Center position
looks like he has Norris in ahead of Brown. Not many spots left.
13th forward could be one of
Chlapik
Balcers
Shaw
Peca

all 4 would need to clear to get sent down

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think both Norris & L. Brown start the yr in Belleville.

Tkachuk - Tierny - Dadonov
Perry - Galchenyuk - C. Brown
Paul - White - Batherson
Formenton - Anisimov - Watson/Chlapik/Balcers

Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Gudbranson
Reilly - Brown/Zub

Murray - Hogberg/Daccord

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
The lines seem wide open

Tkachuk // White // Dadonov
Galchenyuk // Norris // Brown
L. Brown // Tierney // Batherson
Anisimov // Paul // Watson

Chabot // Zaitsev
Wolanin // Gudbranson
Brännström // Zub

Murray
Hogberg

Balcers
Chlapik
J. Brown

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
That’s one way to moderate Brady’s point totals ...

He hasn't played with much better players than that last year. Dadonov is our best winger and White probably our best center right now until/if ever Stutzle becomes a center for us. Norris and Brown still have to show they can be NHLers so unless you're assuming they can both be NHLers right away which has yet to be proven then that's probably the best linemates he could have...

Bottom line the combinations will likely be very volatile so I don't expect to have a set lineup this season. Tkachuk likely plays with a combination of White, Dadonov, Batherson, C. Brown, Norris, L.Brown, Tierney. Unless Batherson really has an amazing season, there really aren't many combinations that would allow Tkachuks point totals to be incredible, or at least more than it would be with Dadonov and White.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He hasn't played with much better players than that last year. Dadonov is our best winger and White probably our best center right now until/if ever Stutzle becomes a center for us. Norris and Brown still have to show they can be NHLers so unless you're assuming they can both be NHLers right away which has yet to be proven then that's probably the best linemates he could have...

Bottom line the combinations will likely be very volatile so I don't expect to have a set lineup this season. Tkachuk likely plays with a combination of White, Dadonov, Batherson, C. Brown, Norris, L.Brown, Tierney. Unless Batherson really has an amazing season, there really aren't many combinations that would allow Tkachuks point totals to be incredible, or at least more than it would be with Dadonov and White.

I think Arti and CT would laugh at the idea that White is better let alone Norris ... for what it’s worth I agree that he probably starts there and we see tonnes of combos as you suggested.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

If White was the best center right now, then why was he demoted down the lineup last season?

I think Tierney remains number 1 until he is beaten out by another center. Norris has a chance to dislodge him before the end of the year. L. Brown appears not to be rated as an NHL player at this time based on coaches' comments; however, he has a chance to challenge for the Senators number 1 center, perhaps later in the season. Stuetzle appears to be our best hope for a true number 1 center at this time, but that will take a while as he needs to mature and develop his skills.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada

exactly how I see it... well said

KickinItOldSchool44

Jul 11, 2019
Tkachuk-Tierney-Dadonov
Galchenyuk-White-Batherson
Formenton/Stuetzle*-Norris-Brown
Paul-Anismov-Watson
*Stuetzle if signed
Chabot-Gudbranson
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Brown
Murray
Hogberg

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think Arti and CT would laugh at the idea that White is better let alone Norris ... for what it’s worth I agree that he probably starts there and we see tonnes of combos as you suggested.

I think based on last season that is true but I'm not as convinced as you are that White will be worse than them for the upcoming year.

By the end of last year White was on the top line with Duclair and Tkachuk as well so it seems like the coaching staff preferred him there to Tierney or Anisimov.

Besides, I don't think there's a big difference with White and Tierney or Anisimov right now. The injury and poor year from White seem to blurry the picture but I just think it was an off year.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If White was the best center right now, then why was he demoted down the lineup last season?

I think Tierney remains number 1 until he is beaten out by another center. Norris has a chance to dislodge him before the end of the year. L. Brown appears not to be rated as an NHL player at this time based on coaches' comments; however, he has a chance to challenge for the Senators number 1 center, perhaps later in the season. Stuetzle appears to be our best hope for a true number 1 center at this time, but that will take a while as he needs to mature and develop his skills.

I'm not saying White is a 1C, definitely not. At the end of the year though if you remember, they had White on the top line with Duclair and Tkachuk and White finished the year with 8 points in 10 games or something along those lines. Not surprising he didnt get that spot during the season, he had a tough one nobody's debating that.

I would not be surprised at all if White started with Tkachuk and either Batherson or Dadonov. I think with Batherson acting like the playmaker on that line they could be a good complement to each other.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Because he was a 22 y/o center in his sophomore season coming back from injury and struggling?

Towards the end of the season, after the trade deadline, he had a chance to move up again and finished the season with 7 pts in 6 games.

Seriously, if it wasn't for Covid, I think 11 more games played and people would have been much more confident in what White can do. 48 pts pace in his rookie season, 31 pts pace in his struggling sophomore season, advanced stats showing he was doing well defensively...

Saying this as someone who might not even want him as one of the top-9 most important forwards for the teams 's long term future

Stuetzle
Tkachuk
Norris
Batherson
Formenton
Jarventie
Pinto
Greig/Brown/Balcers/Abramov/Sokolov/White

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Man these lineup predictions are all over the place. And I can’t do better. I also can’t recall a season where the depth chart was so uncertain. I’d like to see them use Tierney as a calming presence / stability on the top line, and then move Norris/Brown/White up and down the rest of the lines based on fit.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I think based on last season that is true but I'm not as convinced as you are that White will be worse than them for the upcoming year.

By the end of last year White was on the top line with Duclair and Tkachuk as well so it seems like the coaching staff preferred him there to Tierney or Anisimov.

Besides, I don't think there's a big difference with White and Tierney or Anisimov right now. The injury and poor year from White seem to blurry the picture but I just think it was an off year.

Plus White played plenty with Tkachuk during their rookie seasons and both had success.

But we can't let facts intrude on a conversation regarding Colin White. :sarcasm:

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Tkachuk-Galchenyuk-Dadonov
Stuetzle-Tierney-C.Brown
Paul-White-Batherson
Balcer/Chlapik/Formenton-Anisimov-Watson

Norris, L.Brown are extras

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pretty much impossible to predict right now the sens have 17 forwards that can conceivably be on the team.
* edited to add Batherson

Locks

Tkachuk, Dadonov, C. Brown, Tierney, White, Anisimov, Galchenyuk, Paul, Watson

On the bubble

Batherson, Stuetzle, L. Brown, Norris, Balcers, Chlapik, Abramov Formenton

Here is my current best guess.

TkachukTierneyDadonov
StuetzleAnisimovBatherson
GalchenyukWhiteC. Brown
PaulChlapikWatson
BalcersL. BrownNorris
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Pretty much impossible to predict right now the sens have 16 forwards that can conceivably be on the team.

Here is my guess for right now.

TkachukTierneyDadonov
StuetzleAnisimovC.Brown
GalchenyukL.Brown/NorrisWhite
PaulChlapikWatson
Balcers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I figured the picked up Gally as center. Isn't that his natural position? I think they need to have him in the top 6.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
He is a better winger than a centerman. Doesnt have the defensive ability to be a center I dont think. Maybe they play him rotating center with White on the same line and share the responsibilities?
Ya him and White sharing responsibilities would be a good idea.

I honestly think DJ Smith is really going to force him to work on his defensive game.

If he can improve his defensive game (which is usually easier than improving offense) he will be able to rebound and become a serviceable player for us.

I want him to turn into a B 1c for us

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Pretty much impossible to predict right now the sens have 16 forwards that can conceivably be on the team.

Locks

Tkachuk, Dadonov, C. Brown, Tierney, White, Anisimov, Galchenyuk, Paul, Watson

On the bubble

Stuetzle, L. Brown, Norris, Balcers, Chlapik, Abramov Formenton

Here is my current best guess.

TkachukTierneyDadonov
StuetzleAnisimovC.Brown
GalchenyukL.Brown/NorrisWhite
PaulChlapikWatson
Balcers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Did you forget Batherson? Or is he not part of your opening day lineup?

I also don't see Norris as a rookie take over a centre spot from White who has played there for the past two seasons, given that centre is a tough position to learn in the NHL & Galchenyuk also has a lot more NHL experience. Having said that though, I expect L. Brown to eventually play centre in Ottawa at some point this yr & Norris probably could too, but maybe not start at centre.

Reactions: Icelevel

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
Too high on Logan Brown
Too low on Norris and Batherson
Anisimov is a lock

Dorion likes Balcers, Brannstrom and Josh Brown more than all y'all.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think both Norris & L. Brown start the yr in Belleville.

Tkachuk - Tierny - Dadonov
Perry - Galchenyuk - C. Brown
Paul - White - Batherson
Formenton - Anisimov - Watson/Chlapik/Balcers

Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Gudbranson
Reilly - Brown/Zub

Murray - Hogberg/Daccord

Yes, that seems quite possible that Norris and L. Brown start the season in Bellville, given that the team has Tierney, Galchnyuk, White and Anisimov at C. You snuck Perry in, I see. :)

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad