Sens Shot Predicting the Opening Day Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

So assuming we can agree that some arrangement of the 9 forwards listed by Warne are on the od roster;
Stuetzle will grab a spot at least initially.
Going with 13 forwards, that leaves 3 spots .. (not designating anyone as 13 now)
One goes to Batherson.. Down to two.
Anyone we slot here other than Chlapik and Balcers .. means we run the risk of losing one or both for nothing on waivers.
I want to see Logan Brown get a chance ... so down to one spot.
I'll give the last spot to Chlapik over Balcers
At this point I would send Norris and Formenton down.. although I really wanted to see them up; and we'd waive Balcers hoping he passes through in the crowd.
Abramov also sent down.

So add
Stuetzle - L Brown - Batherson
Chlapik

to Warne's list to make our 13 forward list.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Tkachuk-Brown-Dadonov
Stuetzle-Tierney-Batherson
White-Galchenyuk-Brown
Paul-Anisimov-Watson
Norris

Norris plays another 15 or so games in AHL then comes up whenever someone struggling or injury).

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We still don't know if Stuetzle is going to play in the NHL this yr or not. I find it hard to believe he would play in the AHL when he could just stay in Germany for another yr with his family & team that know him. If they sign Perry I would imagine that Dadonov plays LW which would knock Balcers or Chlapik off the roster & into the press box & drops Galchenyuk down a line.

Tkachuk - L. Brown - Dadonov
Galchenyuk - Tierny - Batherson
Balcers/Chlapik - White - C. Brown
Paul - Anisimov - Watson

emo

Aug 25, 2003
Cap City
Visit site
Who is out best passing C? They should play with Dadonov. It's probably Logan Brown, so I'm hoping he has a breakthough, but I'm not feeling confident that will happen. Tierney is afraid to shoot, so I guess he's the one.

At some point, I want a third line of Formenton - Norris/White - C. Brown just because they would be a real pain to play against.

I'd also like to see the Russians get some time to see what happens. Galchenyuk - Anisimov - Dadonov

The D is a trainwreck.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
I think our forward group might actually be not to bad in terms of goals scored. Expecting us to finish around 18 for goals For, and 29-31 for goals against.

Tkatchuk-White-Dadonov
Galchenyuk-Tierney-C.Brown
Formenton-Norris/Brown-Batherson
Paul-Anisimov-Watson
Chlapik, Balcers

Chabot-Guds
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Rielly-Brown
Brannstrom

Reactions: NB613

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Tkachuk - Tierny - Dadonov
Balcers - White - Batherson
Paul - Galchenyuk - C. Brown
Formenton - L. Brown - Watson

Chabot - Zaitsev
Reilly - Gudbranson
Wolanin - J. Brown

Murray - Hogberg

Replace L. Brown with Anisimov. Retain Chlapik as 13th forward. Add 1 D as 7th D (Zub perhaps). By the TDL, a few youngsters will join the team as trades are made.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah he'll be great to watch from the press box! Or streams from Belleville too

I guess Perry needs another million. I will be shocked and surprised if Perry is added to the team. But then I remember who our GM is.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Who is out best passing C? They should play with Dadonov. It's probably Logan Brown, so I'm hoping he has a breakthough, but I'm not feeling confident that will happen. Tierney is afraid to shoot, so I guess he's the one.

Sandwiching Brown between Tkachuk and Dadonov, two guys who can put the puck in the net in several ways, could be great for his development.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Very interesting that Sens fans seem split on whether or not Stuetzle will be Among the 13 forwards

a lot of young guys ready to grab a spot though which is exciting

I think a lot of it is stemming from the rumours regarding the current contract negotiations. If he is in fact signed, I think that the vast majority expect him to play in Ottawa this season.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
At some point, we'll eventually have to discuss whether there will be a season

Reactions: Cosmix

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Tkachuk - L. Brown - Dadonov
Galchenyuk - White - Batherson
Abramov/Formenton/Stutzle - Tierney - C. Brown
Paul - Anisimov - Watson
Balcers

Chabot - Gudbranson
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - J. Brown
Reilly

Murray
Hogberg

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Replace L. Brown with Anisimov. Retain Chlapik as 13th forward. Add 1 D as 7th D (Zub perhaps). By the TDL, a few youngsters will join the team as trades are made.

Oh yea, completely forgot about Anisimov, I wonder if the coach will too? hahaha

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Oh yea, completely forgot about Anisimov, I wonder if the coach will too? hahaha

I'm curious to see if they give Anisimov a lot of ice time to help build up his value come trade deadline or do they give him the Boedker treatment and sit him in the pressbox for most of the season?

Can he keep pace is the question.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think the entire season, whenever it starts, is going to be a line blender year.

There's a huge number of considerations and at the top of that list is whether or not we have an AHL season. All of our guys need to play and the presence or absence of an AHL season is going to be huge.

If you presume there isn't one....it's not that big of a leap to think the guys playing in Europe might just stay there because if they come back, we'll be saddled with a ton of guys with nowhere to play. And that applies to all NHL teams

Then you start to consider an expanded roster because it won't be easy to just get injury replacements into the country.

So, what does a roster look like without any guys currently in Europe and with say 4 more spots.

In that scenario guys like Brown, Norris, Formenton, Lajoie, Jaros are with the big club and you're likely looking at the top half of the roster playing all the time and the bottom half full of interchangeable parts based on back to backs, three in four and so on

It could be a really weird year.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I read that the AHL and OHL both have pushed back their start to at least February, and NHL start is still up in the air. I wonder how this might impact some of these decisions.

If guys like Steutzle get a chance to play in a European league sooner hopefully he just does it. There are going to be a lot of guys missing an entire year plus of playing time at a pretty key time in their development. And there will probably be more injuries all across the organization. And maybe larger rosters if there are bubbles so you minimize players coming and going

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
(A)Tkachuk-White-Dadanov
Galchenyuk-Norris-C.Brown(A)
Paul-Anisimov-Watson

(A)Chabot-Gudbranson(A)
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-J.Brown

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Very interesting that Sens fans seem split on whether or not Stuetzle will be Among the 13 forwards

a lot of young guys ready to grab a spot though which is exciting

I can’t see Stutzle outplaying Brady, Gal, Paul, or Form on the left side. If he sticks with Ottawa it’s spit 4LW duty of generous 2PP time.

Love the pick but we’re talking about a player who was 6th on his DEL team and had zero goals at the WJC last year.

Reactions: Frank8

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I'm curious to see if they give Anisimov a lot of ice time to help build up his value come trade deadline or do they give him the Boedker treatment and sit him in the pressbox for most of the season?

Can he keep pace is the question.

He's not Boedker so I hope not...he was one of the only guys creating something out of nothing last year even with his lack of footspeed.

Reactions: DrEasy

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
(A)Tkachuk-White-Dadanov
Galchenyuk-Norris-C.Brown(A)
Paul-Anisimov-Watson

(A)Chabot-Gudbranson(A)
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-J.Brown
Other posters have Logan Brown as the number one centre and you don’t even have him in the line up. Seems like opinions are all over the place for the Center position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad