Sens Shot Predicting the Opening Day Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
This is the part that bugs me. We shouldn't be expecting playffs even if thats the seasons goal, so getting the young guys some reps till the AHL starts should be a priority. This is why waiving guys like Balcers and Chlapik instead of lower risk for claims like Coburn, Galchenyuk and such makes no sense. We could get guys like Chlapik and Balcers in a game or two each of the 11 we have before the AHL season starts and if we still see them as not up to snuff waive them then. With no preseason games, it seems like the obvious answer to get a true feel of where everyone stands because intrasquad simply isn't the same thing as real games. Heck intrasquad isn't even as good as preseason games.

Respectively, maybe they just didn't earn it? Every player knew coming in that there were no exhibition games to showcase their talents, so they should have left it ALL on the ice during training camp practices and scrimmages. No "participation" awards here. What a horrible message to send, gifting ice time b/c of a delayed AHL start. If you want to make the opening day lineup, then play like a madman during training camp? Seems pretty simple to me. Matt Peca showed me more in those 3 clips from the intrasquad game than Logan Brown did in the 3 previous camps (and I desperately want Brownie to be our #1 center).

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Noosen and guys like Lehner, foligno , silfverberg and eaves come to mind.

Eaves and Foligno were regulars. They'd made the team.

Noesen and Silfverberg were still seen as good prospects when they were moved too. They didnt get enough chances to say they couldnt crack our roster.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
don't count guys out yet

I wouldn't look too deeply in to the opening roster. A couple good games by White and he can move up

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Eaves and Foligno were regulars. They'd made the team.

Noesen and Silfverberg were still seen as good prospects when they were moved too. They didnt get enough chances to say they couldnt crack our roster.

They were all sorta emerging prospects who hadn’t got their peak who we traded.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Exactly, some were. But the question was who ended up being good that couldnt crack the roster. None of the names you used are correct.

Sure - you will have a really short list of players “who never cracked a roster”. Balcers and co all cracked the roster -

You would basically be looking for we traded as pure prospects - like brooks Laich.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Sure - you will have a really short list of players “who never cracked a roster”. Balcers and co all cracked the roster -

You would basically be looking for we traded as pure prospects - like brooks Laich.

Cracking the roster as in full time NHLer. Balcers didnt crack the roster.

And Laich doesnt work either...he was a teenager. Barely got a chance to make the team..

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad