Post-Game Talk: Predators lurking in Ottawa, Mon. 7:30 pm TSN

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
That had to be one of the best ways to start a two week vacation. A win and a absurd fight. The choir boy vs. The slacker with glass hands?!? Messed up. But entertaining.

If I had to guess Kyle slashed Ryan and chirped him after and it just broke Bobby mentally.

Going back to last year even I can envision a locker room where there was two tiers of players - Kyle and Erik in the one - and Bobby in the other. Had to hold a grudge. Pure heresay and speculation.

Reactions: coladin

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
JTLYK . Batherson was sent down to Belleville. Tweet in the Belleville thread. I thought they'd see how it went with Duchene coming back, but . I do not disagree with the decision.

Reactions: coladin

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Cool seeing Duchene sing, he is actually very good at it. Now get back on the ice!

I have a feeling it could be Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan as a line, maybe Bobby gets going. I have always found Ryan's body language on the ice changes when he is with a marquee centre. He looks more engaged.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Cool seeing Duchene sing, he is actually very good at it. Now get back on the ice!

I have a feeling it could be Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan as a line, maybe Bobby gets going. I have always found Ryan's body language on the ice changes when he is with a marquee centre. He looks more engaged.

Have to agree. Ryan is the kind of player who is easily affected by his confidence.

Reactions: Boud and BigRig4

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Shots fired by Bobby Ryan. I find it rich to hear it coming from him though. I was kidding in my other posts about how he picked the fight to "appear engaged", but to be honest, he's as big a problem as any team in the league has.

The day he's out of the locker room will be a great day for this team. Guy's a problem on and off the ice.

Reactions: JungleBeat

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
[MOD QDP]
From what I've heard, Ryan is "cordial" with everyone, but isn't really part of the group, hasn't been in the past, and doesn't care to be.

In recent years, the team has had two main "cliques", if that's what you want to call them.

The Karlsson group: Karlsson, Turris, Methot, Phaneuf, MacArthur, Thompson (these guys are mostly gone)
The Stone group: Stone, Ceci, Pageau, Wideman and now the young guys White and Tkachuk

In Ottawa "social" circles, these groups are fairly separate.

Ryan isn't part of either.

Last edited by a moderator:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
From what I've heard, Ryan is "cordial" with everyone, but isn't really part of the group, hasn't been in the past, and doesn't care to be.

In recent years, the team has had two main "cliques", if that's what you want to call them.

The Karlsson group: Karlsson, Turris, Methot, Phaneuf, MacArthur, Thompson (these guys are mostly gone)
The Stone group: Stone, Ceci, Pageau, Wideman and now the young guys White and Tkachuk

I recall Ryan being really close with MacArthur. Ryan was the one who freaked out an jumped Sieloff when he layed out MacArthur. It was also a big deal that Ryan assisted Mac's OT winner against Boston.

Reactions: Icelevel

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Also, it's worth noting that from those two lists, the everyone in the top list is aged 28-34, and everyone in the bottom list is aged 19-26. (also, I don't believe Wideman is in the bottom group). It's not that crazy to believe social circles are drawn around age groups.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
[MOD QDP]

I like the Stone group better (Widmean and Ceci can go away though!)

Reactions: Back in Black

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad