Post-Game Talk: Predators lurking in Ottawa, Mon. 7:30 pm TSN

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
he fought turris and got an instigator

He got the instigator on that after the slashes? I didn't notice that...but its standard we always get it called against us and rarely are the benefactor of it even though Boro is routinely instigated.

Hell of an effort I was convinced they were gonna get run out of the building but instead played a very solid game, wish we could have seen that type of effort vs the Habs once in the last 3.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
He got the instigator on that after the slashes? I didn't notice that...but its standard we always get it called against us and rarely are the benefactor of it even though Boro is routinely instigated.

No he didn't get an instigator. I think his ice-time was lower because of the time spent in the box for the fight plus Ottawa spending a fair amount of time on the PK, where Ryan doesn't play.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Miller and Ferraro/mclellan are absolutely elite . Then cuthbert with anyone. I used to hate Johnson but lately he’s been good. He calls what he sees and that’s it. (Probably got some contract security so can say more of what he’s actually thinking without facing too much backlash)

Edit: where is Ferraro anyway
Love Cuthbert, Miller (except for his constant SOG tracking), Ferraro and MacLennan. The strongest lineup in the business. And I used to despise Mike Johnson, too, but I agree: he's really improved. Looks great in a suit, too, which used to be all he was good for.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
After the game against Toronto in October a Leafs season ticket holder on the main board GDT predicted in all seriousness that Chabot would be the best defenseman in the league by the end of this season.

I laughed out loud when I read that post. I'm not laughing anymore.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Great First period, stoked to see Max and Brady get goals. I prefer White over Turris as a 2C, let along Duchene, man is he everywhere, and Stoner was great again.

Friggin Bobby taking down Kyle, that definitely seemed personal, apparently Ryan’s first fight in 4 years!

Chabot with the winner that was a work of art. Love these redemption wins. Looked like the fans that were there were in it, is the new entertainment person doing a better job?

It was country night and plaid theme for everyone, lots of cowboy hats there last night. They had the James Barker Band perform for about 10 minutes on the Fan deck balcony in the first intermission, they apparently broadcasted some of their performance on tsn. The crowd was in it, the music is much better.

We got to go play NHL 19 up in the coke zone during the 2nd intermission for free bottles of Coke and a chance at a Suite for Thomas Rhett. Sparty does pics and signings in the 1st at the main entrance, saloon area last night too with games for prizes.

I don't know, I just feel like the arena is sooo much better than it has ever been. Lots of places for fans to hang out, the fan deck atmosphere is amazing. coke zone up top with general admission seating looks fun and more social.

I hope they have more actual performances from bands too, I wish they had the option to extend the fan deck balcony out for the intermission so the stage was a bit larger for people to go up and dance and party with the band/DJ, speaking of DJ, that guy is also awesome!

The on ice entertainment is still whateves, but they do capitalize on social media a bit, had the Dzingle Bells girl come and sing her song and had the crowd singing along too. It was great. With all the extra in house bars, people are dressing up more and just adds to the "significance" of the game but that is IMO.

Lot's of fun!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
No he didn't get an instigator. I think his ice-time was lower because of the time spent in the box for the fight plus Ottawa spending a fair amount of time on the PK, where Ryan doesn't play.

Looked like he hurt his hand during the fight, too. As per tradition with Ryan, of course.

When they showed him in the penalty box, it looked like he was popping in a dislocated finger on his right hand, or something, lol.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004

Hell of an effort I was convinced they were gonna get run out of the building but instead played a very solid game, wish we could have seen that type of effort vs the Habs once in the last 3.
We have a tradition of playing tough against good teams and sucking against lesser opponents.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Such strange scheduling. We play 3 games in 4 nights, then get three full days off before playing a double-header on Fri/Sat, and then head to the Christmas break for a week. Very AHL-like.
We were 1st in NHL with 17 back to backs last year plus our Sweden trip
This year 3rd with Carolina and Panthers at 17 and us at 16
We are also at the bottom 5th for playing rested teams while tired vs playing tired teams while rested
The 18/19 Schedule - Tired/Rested games

Don't count on the NHL to make it easy for us
EDM is leggit favoured there lol

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Looked like he hurt his hand during the fight, too. As per tradition with Ryan, of course.

When they showed him in the penalty box, it looked like he was popping in a dislocated finger on his right hand, or something, lol.
Maybe he was just flippin' the bird at Turris.
Speaking of Turris, that was a nice moment at the start of the broadcast when he went over to the glass to greet his Capital Condors buddies. There are guys I'd rather see get beat up than him.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011

Sort of funny to see Ryan get so mad at someone for slashing his messed up hand that he proceeds to beat that guy up with his messed up hand.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
You are very right here and this has spanned at least 10-15 years, its a weird trend....same goes for not showing up in big anticipated games.

You're right, normally when a game features the return of a fan favourite and/or a ceremony of some kind we can count on Ottawa to lay an egg. Stomping on the Sharks was a nice surprise.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Bobby on Turris looked very very personal. Ryan was raging. Great little tilt.....Turris did not have Julie defending him this time.

Ryan fighting Turris is a very Bobby thing to do. He goes out and picks a fight with a small, weak, non-fighter from the other team, and then Boucher can talk about how "Bobby is engaged" after the game. Buys him another 10 games of good ice time where he can fall down a lot and fan on passes before he has to show a moderate level effort again. Attaboy Bobby!

Reactions: DJB

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Ryan fighting Turris is a very Bobby thing to do. He goes out and picks a fight with a small, weak, non-fighter from the other team, and then Boucher can talk about how "Bobby is engaged" after the game. Buys him another 10 games of good ice time where he can fall down a lot and fan on passes before he has to show a moderate level effort again. Attaboy Bobby!

That's weird. Looked like a slash at the hands, twice by a former teammate who knows all about Bobby's hands issues. Glad he fed Turris.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Or, he just got mad when a guy who knows his history of hand injuries hacked him on the hands. Using those hands in the fight was counter-intuitive, but kickboxing is frowned on in the NHL. Anyway, I doubt the degree of evil plotting that you seem to imagine.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Or, he just got mad when a guy who knows his history of hand injuries hacked him on the hands. Using those hands in the fight was counter-intuitive, but kickboxing is frowned on in the NHL. Anyway, I doubt the degree of evil plotting that you seem to imagine.

Everyone knows Bobby Ryan has hand issues. I look forward to seeing him fight someone over 180 pounds when they slash him next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad