Post-Game Talk: Predators lurking in Ottawa, Mon. 7:30 pm TSN

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Man, I don't want to see Falk and Boro on the ice together. And what will it take for Pyatt to sit again?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Cuthbert is my fave play by play guy of all time. I am so glad I get to hear him do Ottawa games now.

It's not even close too. He is unbelievable. Legit getting him was like leafs getting Matthews after years of dwelling in the basement(I don't mean to sound harsh but basement to me was dean brown I couldn't stand him at all)

My second fav all time is that nbc guy who's name has slipped my mind SCCARRRESSS

Did anyone really think Chabot would be this good this quickly ?

I knew and predicted he would breakout as a number 1 defender, top 5-10 at the most best case scenario out there; around 45ish points. But no way like this.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Such strange scheduling. We play 3 games in 4 nights, then get three full days off before playing a double-header on Fri/Sat, and then head to the Christmas break for a week. Very AHL-like.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Great First period, stoked to see Max and Brady get goals. I prefer White over Turris as a 2C, let along Duchene, man is he everywhere, and Stoner was great again.

Friggin Bobby taking down Kyle, that definitely seemed personal, apparently Ryan’s first fight in 4 years!

Chabot with the winner that was a work of art. Love these redemption wins. Looked like the fans that were there were in it, is the new entertainment person doing a better job?

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
No to be honest I thought he would struggle being thrusted into the 1D role after Karlsson was traded.
I watch my fair share of hockey, and being completely unbiased i really don’t think there’s a better Dman in the league right now

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Ryan must’ve had a vendetta or something against Turris surely?!

Wouldn’t be surprised to hear he’s broken his hand or something though :laugh:

Good W boys!

Reactions: derriko

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Duchene playing the country tune after the game. I bet he enjoyed that

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ryan must’ve had a vendetta or something against Turris surely?!

Wouldn’t be surprised to hear he’s broken his hand or something though :laugh:

Good W boys!

My first thought was that Ryan was likely so pissed because Turris knows how much Ryan has struggled with broken hands, and slashed him anyways, but who knows, maybe there is some history there even though Turris always seemed pretty well liked, and Ryan seems pretty easy going.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
if you go back to the summer of 17 and Chabot coming off an unprecedented world Junior mvp there was a lot of discussion about comparables but the problem was there was no comparable. playing top pair minutes and top 5 in D scoring in year 2 in a league getting younger....ya that was in the range of possible. and I dare say it likely impacted the Karlsson thinking.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
if you go back to the summer of 17 and Chabot coming off an unprecedented world Junior mvp there was a lot of discussion about comparables but the problem was there was no comparable. playing top pair minutes and top 5 in D scoring in year 2 in a league getting younger....ya that was in the range of possible. and I dare say it likely impacted the Karlsson thinking.

I'm a bit surprised that people are surprised about Chabot being a star "so soon". He was drafted almost four years ago. After raising his profile in 2016 he was widely seen as one of the top prospects in the NHL on the same level as some top 3 picks.

He would have been significantly more productive last season had he not been forced to play on his off side to fit Boucher who was clinging to his system that he no longer had the personnel for, and no longer had a team mentally willing to commit to. That, and the Senators themselves were in disarray.

Point per game is a bit surprising, but it's still pretty early in the season. Otherwise, I don't think it's surprising at all that he's settling in as a big star.

Reactions: JD1

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Did Ryan get hurt or something? I missed the game and won't be able to watch it in full until later on. I did notice he only played 11 minutes despite us going 11-7.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Bobby on Turris looked very very personal. Ryan was raging. Great little tilt.....Turris did not have Julie defending him this time.
What? Thats it? No insight as to why it was personal? No inside scoop collected at one of the galas?
hqdefault.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad