Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season #5: Mon, Sept. 23 2019, FLYERS at Bruins, 7:00 pm ET

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

twarynski has been a bit more obvious out there no? This was one of the first games I have seen where bunaman really stood out to me. I have only seen the last two games and the first one though.

either way itll be something like this no if patrick is out?

jvr-laughton or frost-bunnaman or farabee
raffl-laugton or bunnaman/rubstov-twarynski/bunnaman

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb

fight me

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
twarynski has been a bit more obvious out there no? This was one of the first games I have seen where bunaman really stood out to me. I have only seen the last two games and the first one though.

either way itll be something like this no if patrick is out?

jvr-laughton or frost-bunnaman or farabee
raffl-laugton or bunnaman/rubstov-twarynski/bunnaman

I have actually liked Bunnaman more overall but Twar has had the "flashiest" game with his effort against New York. Bunny was great tonight. Either could be effective 4th liners right now. Same for NAK. I like Twar the least of those 3.

Last edited:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb judging players readiness based on preseason is dumb

fight me

ya obviously but its what coaches see/use to determine if they are ready...which sucks

Reactions: Striiker

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I have actually liked Bunnaman more overall but Twar has had the "flashiest" game with his effort New York. Bunny was great tonight. Either could be effective 4th liners right now. Same for NAK. I like Twar the least of those 3.

anyone but stewart, andreoff, gabriel, even pitlock lol

Reactions: Rebels57

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
to think out bottom 6 used to be composed of guys like lehtera, weise, weal, bailey, knight, gordon, vv...lol

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Flyers anti-Sanheim propaganda.

Flyers pro-Laughton propaganda.

The usual.​

In tonights case, he is mostly right. Though Sanheim-Myers issues tonight were really Myers issues.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Twarynski is underrated, he's faster than I expected, and made a nice subtle play along the blue line to avoid an offsides which showed nice hands and body control. He's a step up over the 4th line fodder the farm system was producing the last 6-7 years.

Think it's a bit of a tossup between Twarynski, Bunnaman and NAK, NAK has the edge b/c he'd be exposed on waivers, Twarynski as a LW would be behind Raffl, Bunnaman's problem may be whether he's seen more as a center. I suspect Twarynski and Bunnaman may be on the taxi squad this year, coming up when needed, then sent back down for more seasoning.

I doubt Andreoff, Gabriel or Stewart have a shot at the roster, and I don't expect them to make it to Europe.

As far as Myers, I warned y'all that he was going to struggle the first half, like Sanheim did as a rookie, because his talent right now is far ahead of his instincts. You could see it last spring when he was our worst defenseman despite flashes of skill, because he's mistake prone. Hopefully, it's just inexperience and not a more talented version of Manning.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Bunnaman is & has been better than Twarynski. I honestly don’t think either should make it unless more injuries occur though.

who would you have as the 4th line rw? Lets say frost and farabee make. Frost plays at center until patrick is back and farabee at rw (doubt both would make it but lets just assume). Either them or nak

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
In tonights case, he is right. Though Sanheim-Myers issues tonight were really Myers issues.

That is textbook propaganda. Misleading information used to influence an audience.

He may be technically correct, but he couldn't be more misleading.

The Flyers are masters of propaganda. Shocking, I know, coming from a huge evil corporation like Comcast.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
ya obviously but its what coaches see/use to determine if they are ready...which sucks
Well you say “obviously” but I’ve received quite a bit of heat on here for saying that :laugh:

And yeah, that’s why I still watch and care about preseason... it shouldn’t be used the way it is, but the infallible NHL coaches disagree. So until they stop caring, these performances still matter because they might end up deciding the roster, lines, and usage.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That is textbook propaganda. Misleading information used to influence an audience.

He may be technically correct, but he couldn't be more misleading.

The Flyers are masters of propaganda. Shocking, I know, coming from a huge evil corporation like Comcast.

I dont think its that serious lol

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I dont think its that serious lol

All I did was point out the normal BS narratives this team regularly pushes on certain players. You, wrongly, tried to defend textbook propaganda. That's it.

/convo

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Did you have to give him a bunch of infractions, like usual? He has had his privileges for a crazy long time now, at least two weeks.
35bd0902bcb9596fb527c71fc38b9967.png

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
In his 5 seasons with the Blues he didn't post a goals against higher than the 2.2's. He's just not that guy any more. Not by a loooooong shot.

Even in St Louis he wasn’t special. Whenever it came playoff time. They would lose and he would fall apart. That St Louis team over achieved. Thanks to Hitchcock and good defence.

Regardless of what happened in 2012 Elliott sucks.

And LOL Neuvirth injured already for the leafs!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
who would you have as the 4th line rw? Lets say frost and farabee make. Frost plays at center until patrick is back and farabee at rw (doubt both would make it but lets just assume). Either them or nak

Tough to say what they’ll do. I can’t really see how they could even justify Andreoff, Stewart, or Gabriel at this point. They obviously shouldn’t even been seriously considered to begin but all three have objectively had poor preseasons.

I don’t really know how many young guys they’ll want in the lineup to start but they might not really have a choice now that I’m actually looking at.

If we take Patrick & Pitlick out for the start here’s your locks.

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
van Riemsdyk- Hayes - Voracek
Lindblom - xxx - xxx
Raffl - Laughton - xxx

I would say NAK should be an easy choice for a spot at this point given he’s waiver eligible as well. I don’t think Farabee makes it personally, 19 years old & has contract stipulations in play. Frost I have no idea what to think there especially with his injury. Rubtsov is obviously an organization favorite. Then you have Twarynski & Bunnaman probably grabbing their attention late here.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
As for the 4th line. I agree with most people here, Twarynski is having a good pre season. But he is not better than NAK, Rubtsov, or maybe even Bunny.

That being said, he is hot right now.
You could start him on the 4th line, and learn the hard way. Meaning about 10 games into the season he gets sent down, after he vanishes.

I think NAK has great speed, size and is perfect with Raffl and Laughton on the 4th line.

As for our 3rd line. I think we can give Frost and Farabee a shot there too. But I’m afraid it will be a glaring hole.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
All I did was point out the normal BS narratives this team regularly pushes on certain players. You, wrongly, tried to defend textbook propaganda. That's it.

/convo

There is no organizational conspiracy against Sanheim that Meltzer is intentionally propogating. That would be bizarre and pointless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad