Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season #5: Mon, Sept. 23 2019, FLYERS at Bruins, 7:00 pm ET

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I imagine Elliott stays.
Coach probably has a talk with him.
Saying he has a short leash if that play keeps up.

And I imagine if Sandstrom tears up the AHL u may see him sooner than later.

Reactions: TheKingPin

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
josef.jpg

I didn't hear you? What propaganda? Officer take that guys name, we will deal with him later.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I would just like to point out that the GDT did help to illustrate just how much certain posters truly are biased by their agenda and are incapable of honest evaluation of play.

That and Stewart cementing his place on the bench of any local beer league were probably the two big wins of yesterday's game (I believe I mentioned the latter previously).

The only people who respect their opinions are each other. Everyone else knows their act by now.

The best part is that they think their contrarianism is "being objective", when really they're just making up lies to be different or to serve their insane biases.

Reactions: Starat327

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Haven't been wrong about this team yet and I won't. 3rd line again brought it and kicked ass and Myers and Sanheim don't play good D. train wreck last night. AV will take the best roster he thinks though and thats the right choice not what we f***in think.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The only people who respect their opinions are each other. Everyone else knows their act by now.

The best part is that they think their contrarianism is "being objective", when really they're just making up lies to be different or to serve their insane biases.

Yeah, I had held out faith on the one, but last night confirmed it was just a clear bias. The other has just been wrong from day 1, so I'm not sure how much of that is contrarianism and how much is just an inability to analyze a modern game.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Yeah, I had held out faith on the one, but last night confirmed it was just a clear bias. The other has just been wrong from day 1, so I'm not sure how much of that is contrarianism and how much is just an inability to analyze a modern game.
Water isn't wet to me dude.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
10 things: The Philippe Myers question; Nicolas Aube-Kubel,...

The Flyers didn’t pull out the win — a couple weak goals allowed by Elliott and some rough sequences from Philippe Myers killed their chances of a second consecutive victory. But process matters far more than results in the preseason, and the process was sound. Philadelphia outshot the Bruins 33-22, and won both the raw shot attempts and Expected Goals battles at 5-on-5. Key veterans such as Kevin Hayes, Shayne Gostisbehere and Sean Couturier stood out in positive ways, and the prospects largely held their own against Boston heavy hitters Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Am I the only one that has been blacked out for the last couple games? I don't understand if I get the channel and the game is listed as being on why it isn't on. Anyone else have this problem? I have YouTubeTV and don't think I ever had this problem in the past couple years.

Reactions: Peter Man

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Am I the only one that has been blacked out for the last couple games? I don't understand if I get the channel and the game is listed as being on why it isn't on. Anyone else have this problem? I have YouTubeTV and don't think I ever had this problem in the past couple years.
Yeah I've had the same issue on Hulu Live lately too. It seems to only be the games on NBC Sports Philly + that get blacked out for me.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, both have been wrong literally every single step of the way. For one it's a mixture of contrarianism, inability to analyze, and a crazy inflated ego. Bragging about (certainly fake) IQ tests is a hilarious example.

Then the one with the Nepoleon complex has repeatedly wanted guys like Giroux, Couturier, Ghost, TK, Provorov, Sanheim, Voracek, etc etc etc traded because he's not even a Flyers fan and he just wants to watch dumb goons fight. Literally anyone who can actually play the sport sucks, so long as they're on this team. Meahnwhile Hagg and Stewart are great players!

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah, both have been wrong literally every single step of the way. For one it's a mixture of contrarianism, inability to analyze, and a crazy inflated ego. Bragging about (certainly fake) IQ tests is a hilarious example.

Then the one with the Nepoleon complex has repeatedly wanted guys like Giroux, Couturier, Ghost, TK, Provorov, Sanheim, Voracek, etc etc etc traded because he's not even a Flyers fan and he just wants to watch dumb goons fight. Literally anyone who can actually play the sport sucks, so long as they're on this team. Meahnwhile Hagg and Stewart are great players!

I had to laugh at how accurate this is. Good grief.

Reactions: Striiker

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
5) Lastly, Ghost has been a sheer revelation. Preseason schmeseason, but I don’t know if he has ever looked so good at all strengths, on and off puck. I think he has made a highlight or two every shift, along with multiple subtle plays, without even a hint of a mistake the Hive Truthers would jump on. His efficiency rate is insane, yet he’s still taking calculated risks. I hope the coaches are as gaga over his game as I am right now. No Flyer has been better. Must be the fresh Bauer gear.
All from the left side, too, hmmmmmm. :p:

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Same for me with Hulu

Evergreen

Myers is really putting himself in a bad spot to be starting game 1 with his play this preseason. I really want him to be that 6th defenseman but he's not having the camp he needs to have to do it.
I feel the same way. I was really excited when I watched him dominating the rookie game and he’s made some nice plays walking the puck in from the point in preseason games, but he’s made some really bad reads and gotten himself out of position a lot. I’m a little concerned he might not have the toolbox to be the player his skill level would suggest.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'm not sure Ghost can play that many minutes over an entire season considering all the PP time he will get. As far as veteran fodder, Pitlick and Raffl aren't scrubs and it won't be long before we have too many good choices and players will be moved for draft picks. It will be interesting to see what Fletch does with the bottom of the roster. The only material issue I see is backup goaltending.

Last year Ghost averaged 19:40 a game, about two minutes less than the previous year. He averaged 5 seconds a game on the PK. I'm sure he could handle 50 a second a game on the PK.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Team Agendas !!!

Benny - Jake
Ghost Beers - Ghost, Stewart
Hatcher - All skill players and any player under 240lbs
J Town - JVR
Captain - Hayes, Braun, Niskanen, Bunny
Striker - Braun, Niskanen

These are some examples of posts that are probably best ignored, :)

wait i didnt make the list with my Mason and Leighton fanboi'n ??

i am disapointed

ps whatever hated to be Cooter hater we had ?

you know, the guy who said Coots had zero offensive skill ?

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Haven't been wrong about this team yet and I won't. 3rd line again brought it and kicked ass and Myers and Sanheim don't play good D. train wreck last night. AV will take the best roster he thinks though and thats the right choice not what we ****in think.
Come on Hatch...you said Ghost would be traded.

You have been plenty wrong.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Last year Ghost averaged 19:40 a game, about two minutes less than the previous year. He averaged 5 seconds a game on the PK. I'm sure he could handle 50 a second a game on the PK.
I think he could be useful on a team by team basis. If there are teams that are loose up top that could be exploited, I’d love to have ghost out there with either Hayes or coots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad