Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season #5: Mon, Sept. 23 2019, FLYERS at Bruins, 7:00 pm ET

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Man, Elliott stinks. Well, he always has. A really stupid move by Chuckles coming into a crucial season counting on that sieve for 25-30 games. There are a few competent goalies out there as UFAs but they had to cheap out. Now we're a hurt Hart away from being a lottery team again. That's too much pressure on the kid.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
At least Bunnaman and Twarynski outplayed Andreoff and Stewart.
EFKoE7aWwAEzOet.gif

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
We were dressing two 4th lines and without our two best playmakers, but too many dumps and flips into the NZ and not enough passes for my liking.

That may have been the worst game I've ever seen Myers play.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Not that it matters...but how does the ref who blows the whistle to stop play, does so, then reverses and says he had no intent to and signals goal?

Reactions: TheKingPin

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
New rule for the 19/20 season - Intent not to blow

"If at some point the referee has blown the play dead, he may decide that he didn't mean to and continue play, especially if it results in a goal against the Flyers."

Some dipshit on the NHLN just said that it's a goal even if the play is whistled dead now just because the puck kept moving? That didn't show up in the rule change AFAIK and that is definitely not how it was assessed last year.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We were dressing two 4th lines and without our two best playmakers, but too many dumps and flips into the NZ and not enough passes for my liking.

That may have been the worst game I've ever seen Myers play.

And now people will be debating if he should be on the team or not... based solely on this.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
I heard a whistle on the first 'live' viewing. And saw a two-hander to a goalie who had the puck under them, even if it was moving. I have generally only seen that kind of full-body quivering (as from Couts and Ghost) right before somebody snaps and throws a haymaker, so the boys really disagreed with that call.

No matter, stupid and selfish play by Hayes that'll be called 100% of the time. Is he used to getting even up calls for that in NY?

And moments after Edwards says the call goes to the Situation Room, we get a shot of the zebras looking at tablets and shaking their heads. :nod: It's good for AV and Hayes to get the full Chris Rooney Experience before the games start to matter.

What a fun ending. Brick, paraphrased: "Other than the whistle ... I don't see anything that could overturn this." :laugh:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Some dip**** on the NHLN just said that it's a goal even if the play is whistled dead now just because the puck kept moving? That didn't show up in the rule change AFAIK and that is definitely not how it was assessed last year.

They are arguably correct. They modified the rule 5 years ago:

* Rule 38.4 (viii) has been modified to allow broader discretion to Hockey Operations to assist the referees in determining the legitimacy of all potential goals (e.g., to ensure they are "good hockey goals"). The revised Rule will allow Hockey Operations to correct a broader array of situations where video review clearly establishes that a "goal" or "no goal" call on the ice has been made in error. The new expanded rule will also allow Hockey Operations to provide guidance to referees on goal and potential goal plays where the referee has blown his whistle (or intended to blow his whistle) after having lost sight of the puck.

There have been a few goals allowed over last few years in the NHL when the whistle was blown already.

Reactions: Juicy Pop

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
They are arguably correct. They modified the rule 5 years ago:

* Rule 38.4 (viii) has been modified to allow broader discretion to Hockey Operations to assist the referees in determining the legitimacy of all potential goals (e.g., to ensure they are "good hockey goals"). The revised Rule will allow Hockey Operations to correct a broader array of situations where video review clearly establishes that a "goal" or "no goal" call on the ice has been made in error. The new expanded rule will also allow Hockey Operations to provide guidance to referees on goal and potential goal plays where the referee has blown his whistle (or intended to blow his whistle) after having lost sight of the puck.

I'll have to go back and check but something like that seems like it would have cleared up a lot of controversy.

Kudos.

Reactions: Appleyard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad