Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season #5: Mon, Sept. 23 2019, FLYERS at Bruins, 7:00 pm ET

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Not well enough to play in any of the games that counted. Rubtsov already leapfrogged him.

That very well could be. The Flyers prospect totem pole is total chaos at the moment.

The scuttlebutt was that Pimp did skate with the injured players the other day. No real updates on him because our beat writers are useless.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Morin's looked a little better the last few games because he's keeping it very simple while Myers is trying to do wayyyyyy too much at times. That being said, Myers should be in over Morin for Game 1.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Morin is looking better because he's playing with Friedman, who's the better defenseman.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The only thing wrong with acquiring Braun was the price paid for him.

I couldn't disagree more that Ghost should be on the right to facilitate a Provy-Ghost pair. They have had great moments together, but I don't necessarily like them as a full time unit. I have similar reservations with Sanheim-Myers, but I have seen enough of these two together to commit on that one.

We can only wait and see how the minutes are dispersed. I am not going to worry about it until there's a reason to.
My two biggest issues with Braun are the price paid for him and the ripple effect on the rest of the roster and the lack of flexibility because of it. Provorov and Ghost didn't have to be cemented together forever, but it's dumb to not even give it another chance after how incredibly successful it was. Because of Braun, it's not even possible anymore, since Niskanen, Braun, and Myers are all stuck on that side.

And with that idea, the next pair wasn't Sanheim-Myers, it was then Sanheim-Niskanen. I'm not in love with the idea of a Sanheim-Myers pair, just like I'm not in love with a Ghost-Myers pair. Myers has a ton of potential and is NHL ready, but he's also far from a finished product and I'd rather he played with someone other than our two most offensively dynamic defensemen because I don't want them to have to deal with any bumps in the road with him. I want them focused on themselves, instead of worrying about a partner.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Why not both and roll 7 D-men?
For Game 1? Only if the other option is to dress Chris Stewart.

Like Sanheim playing over Provorov on the PP, I think people are dismissing the probability of Hagg being ahead of Morin on the depth chart and working his way into the lineup at some point.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Fletcher fanatics already guaranteed that Hagg playing was impossible, so I'm not worried. They wouldn't say that unless they were 100% sure.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If you've been yelling about not blocking prospects that matter and you think Morin or Hagg should play immediately above Myers, you should probably re-examine one of those two stances.

Morin is looking better because he's playing with Friedman, who's the better defenseman.

Friedman has been the best of the Hagg/Morin/Friedman grouping for multiple years now and I don't think that's a hot take at all.

The arguments to the contrary largely boil down to draft position and organizational hierarchy based on seniority.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The problem with Friedman is he's average size (probably 5'10 200 at this point, though still listed at 185).
Hagg is listed at 6'2 216, Morin at 6'6 230.

So he's neither physically impressive, skates well but doesn't have the flash of Ghost or Sanheim, has a good shot but not Provorov's wrister - that is, nothing stands out except his discipline and intelligence.

Kind of player coaches like better than fans until they've been around for half a decade.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
35bd0902bcb9596fb527c71fc38b9967.png

I wonder if I can make some money selling infraction space. It's like carbon credits but for ranting. More like asterisk credits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad