2019 Stanley Cup Final Pre-Game Talk GAME 1 - 5/27 8:21 PM - Blues return to SCF after 17,914 days to the same city

Which team wins Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Glad I'm working today...less wait!

Oh and living in the Central Time Zone has been very nice all playoffs.
I'm working as well. :rolly: At least I have a major project to keep me from falling asleep...

And yes, the central time zone rules :thumbu:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
To those who have served and made the ultimate sacrifice, Thank You

D7khYteXoAEdjhq

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Maybe I should leave now ! :sarcasm:….parking could be tough
I'm not driving anywhere near Fenway or the Garden today.

I hope you don't have to leave too early given how late the game is.

I'm going in early with a friend to grab dinner and we are parking at Forest Hills which hopefully won't be too crowded.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Leafs fan coming in peace here. Our teams have one of the biggest rivalries in hockey now. Just want to wish you guys the best in this Stanley Cup final, you guys have a great f***ing team and I only wish the Leafs could be as great as your team one day. Our hard fought series in round one shows that we were your toughest matchup and that the Leafs aren’t far off from becoming a contender too. As a Leafs fan, I honestly hope you guys win the cup as crazy as that sounds, because you guys deserve it and the city of Boston is the city of champions, winners do nothing but win and the Bruins along with the rest of the teams in MA are a prime example of that. Here’s to a great series!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
To those who have served and made the ultimate sacrifice, Thank You

D7khYteXoAEdjhq
This. ^ My Dad was born in Halifax NS and his family moved to Cambridge Mass when he was 9. He became an American citizen to fight in WW2 as an Army sargent. Both of my uncles fought also.

I didn't agree with the Vietnam conflict /war but I appreciated the folks who went and fought. It was a terrible thing that people who hated this war didn't appreciate the folks who had to go and fight (many who were drafted) . It is good that now they are being recognized for their service.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm not driving anywhere near Fenway or the Garden today.

I hope you don't have to leave too early given how late the game is.

I'm going in early with a friend to grab dinner and we are parking at Forest Hills which hopefully won't be too crowded.
GahdenRinkRat comes from that direction. After the game we both take the orange line only in opposite directions.
If only I didn't have to work tomorrow:thumbd:

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Johnston and Flynn are in for Toucher and Rich this morning on 98.5, Best duo there is to talk hockey on the station.

They’re the best sports talk duo in town for any topic, in my opinion.

I’ve been having a blast all weekend, and the Bruins can definitely cushion the blow of having to go back to work tomorrow with a win tonight. There’s nothing worse than Monday night on a long weekend!

Still haven’t gotten up yet. Mrs. 103 and Lola are still sleeping. :D Looking forward to a day of sun, grilling, family, and hopefully a Bruins triumph!

PS:

Today I will also be thinking of all the brave men and women from both sides of the border who made the supreme sacrifice so we can enjoy what we have today. They put their lives on hold to do what others could not, or would not do. And did not return.

~You are never forgotten~

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
The time for talk is over. The time is now here. I’m tuning out the following

No sports radio

No newspaper dribble

No second hand info from local reporters

No TV talk shows

Reactions: rfournier103

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Leafs fan coming in peace here. Our teams have one of the biggest rivalries in hockey now. Just want to wish you guys the best in this Stanley Cup final, you guys have a great ****ing team and I only wish the Leafs could be as great as your team one day. Our hard fought series in round one shows that we were your toughest matchup and that the Leafs aren’t far off from becoming a contender too. As a Leafs fan, I honestly hope you guys win the cup as crazy as that sounds, because you guys deserve it and the city of Boston is the city of champions, winners do nothing but win and the Bruins along with the rest of the teams in MA are a prime example of that. Here’s to a great series!
Wow...you could be the first Leaf fan I can honestly say I like and would talk hockey with.........We are going to win it for all the great leaf fans all over...

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Leafs fan coming in peace here. Our teams have one of the biggest rivalries in hockey now. Just want to wish you guys the best in this Stanley Cup final, you guys have a great ****ing team and I only wish the Leafs could be as great as your team one day. Our hard fought series in round one shows that we were your toughest matchup and that the Leafs aren’t far off from becoming a contender too. As a Leafs fan, I honestly hope you guys win the cup as crazy as that sounds, because you guys deserve it and the city of Boston is the city of champions, winners do nothing but win and the Bruins along with the rest of the teams in MA are a prime example of that. Here’s to a great series!
Thank you!

You’ll get there. Just be patient.

Good luck with the Raptors. Hope they get it done.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks ! The Leafs are up and coming. That series could have gone either away. I don't believe you will have to wait too many years before your team is in the finals. I say this often but the Toronto fans are my favorite fans that visit the Garden.

NsBruinsfan

Nov 28, 2008
Halifax, NS
This. ^ My Dad was born in Halifax NS and his family moved to Cambridge Mass when he was 9. He became an American citizen to fight in WW2 as an Army sargent. Both of my uncles fought also.

I didn't agree with the Vietnam conflict /war but I appreciated the folks who went and fought. It was a terrible thing that people who hated this war didn't appreciate the folks who had to go and fight (many who were drafted) . It is good that now they are being recognized for their service.

Halifax and Boston are very closely connected for many years....I'm actually in Halifax, massive Bruins fan and I would say behind the Habs/Leafs the Bruins have the next largest following here.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Halifax and Boston are very closely connected for many years....I'm actually in Halifax, massive Bruins fan and I would say behind the Habs/Leafs the Bruins have the next largest following here.

My Dad's parents were from Newfoundland and had moved to NS for work reasons. I went and camped all over Nova Scotia years ago. I want to go back.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
They’re the best sports talk duo in town for any topic, in my opinion.

I’ve been having a blast all weekend, and the Bruins can definitely cushion the blow of having to go back to work tomorrow with a win tonight. There’s nothing worse than Monday night on a long weekend!

Still haven’t gotten up yet. Mrs. 103 and Lola are still sleeping. :D Looking forward to a day of sun, grilling, family, and hopefully a Bruins triumph!

PS:

Today I will also be thinking of all the brave men and women from both sides of the border who made the supreme sacrifice so we can enjoy what we have today. They put their lives on hold to do what others could not, or would not do. And did not return.

~You are never forgotten~
Great words spoken there....My son served 12 years in Iraq and Afghanistan and youngest just signed up for 8 years for a Nuclear Engineering Program...Its times like these that make me feel like a true American Dad ...who is very proud of his guys , this country and this special hockey team....Go B’s....My brother who just passed is upstairs keeping a eye on everything for us...For my B

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Aside from the history between the two cities, I would imagine that it also helps to have a local boy on the team.

One day I will visit Canada and Halifax

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

My dad was born in Halifax NS in 1899, he came to America and fought in first World War, WWI. He also became an American citizen. I took him many times to Halifx for him to visit or enjoy his memories.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Aside from the history between the two cities, I would imagine that it also helps to have a local boy on the team.

One day I will visit Canada and Halifax

We’re hoping to go up there for a week later this summer. I would love to wear a “Boston Bruins 2019 Stanley Cup Champions” t-shirt while I’m there. :cool:

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Great words spoken there....My son served 12 years in Iraq and Afghanistan and youngest just signed up for 8 years for a Nuclear Engineering Program...Its times like these that make me feel like a true American Dad ...who is very proud of his guys , this country and this special hockey team....Go B’s....My brother who just passed is upstairs keeping a eye on everything for us...For my B

Thank you for sharing this, and I’m terribly sorry for the loss of your brother.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad