2019 Stanley Cup Final Pre-Game Talk GAME 1 - 5/27 8:21 PM - Blues return to SCF after 17,914 days to the same city

Which team wins Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So close yet so far away

Yup, just like Christmas!!!!

I'm catching up on a few things in the office and then it is off to Home Depot & Lowes to buy materials, I'm having the bedroom floor and molding replaced in my old apartment. Thank God I have someone who is really interested in renting it, it is tough to rent out an efficiency unit.

@Alicat when will we see the GDT?

Reactions: rfournier103

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yeah forsure, see I’m not like other Leafs fans that will get so defensive and not admit when the other team is better. The Bruins have always been better and will be for another season or two or maybe even three, I hope and pray you’re right though, it’s tough to see you guys in the final knowing we could have closed it on home ice but hey, great teams find a way and the Bruins did exactly that, nothing but respect for you guys and even though Marchand can be a *******, he’s an absolutely brilliant hockey player, an elite superstar who oozes intangibles from his pores! One day I want to go to a game at TD Garden, my brother went to game 2 last year when you guys smoked us and Pastrnak lit us up for 6 points :laugh:
In person Brad is very cool and great with kids.

I hope you make it to Boston for a game. I saw one game in Toronto. It is a nice city and people.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Perimenopause sucks, that's what my doctor says this is part of, plus work stress.

Oh well, it could be worse!
It does, I started that 8 years ago, a couple years after hyst. I'm at least on the final part, but Harvard's latest study says it takes 10 years not the 2-3 they previously thought. :-( I have like 5-8 left and I can't take hormones to help.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

I'm catching up on a few things in the office and then it is off to Home Depot & Lowes to buy materials, I'm having the bedroom floor and molding replaced in my old apartment. Thank God I have someone who is really interested in renting it, it is tough to rent out an efficiency unit.

I think Fenway said mid afternoonish.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I hope you brother has great seats up there with my parents and Ali's father.[/QUOT

My brother passed in 2015 from ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) He was a big fan like I am. One of the best presents I ever received was a Bruins jacket he bought me after the 2011 cup. It has all the bruins Stanley Cup pennants on it. Real cool. I am sure he is up there watching with the rest of the rabid B's fans.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
In person Brad is very cool and great with kids.

I hope you make it to Boston for a game. I saw one game in Toronto. It is a nice city and people.

Oh I know that’s what makes him tough not to like sometimes haha, Marchand all in all is just awesome, and a phenomenal hockey player. Yeah it’d be really cool, have never been there before! Yeah Toronto it’s very nice, the best city in Canada by far if I do say so myself. Vancouver is nice mainly because of its natural environment and landscapes but they hate Torontonians so f*** them, glad you guys beat them in the 2011 :thumbu:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
You guys ever hear about the 25 days of Christmas????

We got the 28 days of hockey

From today over the next 28 days we got Stanley Cup playoffs and NHL draft

you ready for the draft? i need to see your targets.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

It has been delivered and I believe @Fenway said early this afternoon

Reactions: GabeTravels and BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
you ready for the draft? i need to see your targets.
Yes

But first things first

How I beat the Blues in a simplistic approach for my players

1. SPACE

Specifically take Tarasenkos away - make him both uncomfortable and make him work. If this was baseball he’d be getting fastballs on his hands every pitch

2. Schwartz, Perron, Thomas approach

I want them pushed outside and if they come inside I want them hammered

3. The Blues DEFENSE

When did they become the 1977 Canadiens

Bortuzzo- 30 year old journeyman bottom 6 to me

Boumeester- he’s still good but his name carries more weight then his name

Edmundson- he’s on my SIM team and I traded for him but ideally he’s a dependable 4/6

I like him but seriously folks

Gunnerson - excellent 7th D who can be dependable

What I wouldn’t like is Vince Dunn back but if he his I would rattle his cage - assuming he’s wearing one

As for Pietrangelo- I hope Backes earns his contract hammering his BFF

I love Parayko- he’s the nicest human on the planet hopefully he plays like that

4. Binnington?

I’ll leave it up to Bob Essensa Jay Leach and Conor Clifton to share their ways to get to the back of the net

Bruins win Cup

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It does, I started that 8 years ago, a couple years after hyst. I'm at least on the final part, but Harvard's latest study says it takes 10 years not the 2-3 they previously thought. :-( I have like 5-8 left and I can't take hormones to help.

Ugh. You mean I've got at least 6 more years of this plus night sweats and generally feeling like I'm losing my mind during a certain time of the month??? :help:

Reactions: rfournier103

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I grew a playoff beard for the Bruins ONCE.

In 2010.

I kept it because the Celtics made the Finals.

Care to guess how many playoff beards I’ve had since?

You tipped your hand. Sounds like just that one and no más.

I’ve never bothered cuz I’m just a step above the Crosby playoff beard.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Welp. Not how I envisioned starting the Finals, but everyone is playing hurt this time of year.

6D6B3281-CF2C-43D5-A70F-DDE2D3DC6302.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad