2019 Stanley Cup Final Pre-Game Talk GAME 1 - 5/27 8:21 PM - Blues return to SCF after 17,914 days to the same city

Which team wins Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
According to Norman Chad, a columnist, for the Washington Post, claims that no one except for Massachusetts, certain pockets of NH and Portland, Maine want the Bruins to win the Cup.

In fact, he says, no one wants any professional team from New England to win another title until the 22nd century, at the earliest.

He points out that:

NE Pats: from 1960 to 2000, the teams first 41 years, did not get any titles. Since 2001, they have 6 SBs.

Boston Red Sox: from 1919 to 2003 had no World Series titles. Since 2004 they have won 4 times

Boston Celtics: have the most titles in NBA history, 17.

Boston Bruins: from 1973 to 2010 the Bruins had no Cups. They won in 2011.

Basically, he is saying that New England has had too many wins. I say not enough.

Bring home another Bruins, we are cheering for you, forget the rest of the country that is jealous.

Go Bruins

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Great words spoken there....My son served 12 years in Iraq and Afghanistan and youngest just signed up for 8 years for a Nuclear Engineering Program...Its times like these that make me feel like a true American Dad ...who is very proud of his guys , this country and this special hockey team....Go B’s....My brother who just passed is upstairs keeping a eye on everything for us...For my B
I hope you brother has great seats up there with my parents and Ali's father.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I have no alarm clock. For at least 5 years I wake up at 3:30 AM.. Mon-Fri I get up at 5:30 to get ready for work.
I wish sleep came easier to me.

Today I can feel that excitement/ nervous energy . I haven't decided what time I will head into Boston. I think there is a Red Sox game so parking could be a bit difficult..
For the past few years I wake up every morning between 2-4. I don't have to be up until 6 :-(

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

NsBruinsfan

Nov 28, 2008
Halifax, NS
Aside from the history between the two cities, I would imagine that it also helps to have a local boy on the team.

One day I will visit Canada and Halifax

Yeah....Marchard is popular with the Bruins fans...not so much with the other fans...pretty much the norm!
I've been to Maine a bunch, not to Boston yet, but I'll get there with my little man within the next year or so!

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yeah....Marchard is popular with the Bruins fans...not so much with the other fans...pretty much the norm!
I've been to Maine a bunch, not to Boston yet, but I'll get there with my little man within the next year or so!
Maybe you should come to Boston !...It is nice here is OCT !

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I am just a poor boy
Work's my middle name
If money was the reason
I would not be the same

Guy Clark
Dublin Blues

I am just a poor boy
Though my story’s seldom told...

Simon and Garfunkel

Either way, this story will be told. 15 year old kid sees his first NHL game in Prague in 2011, goes on to join the team and win the Cup 8 years later. Everyone has the right to earn as much money as they can for themselves and their families, but to hear a guy say he doesn’t play for money and mean it is just beautiful. He is on the right team in the right city. Go Bruins!!

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am just a poor boy
Though my story’s seldom told...

Simon and Garfunkel

Either way, this story will be told. 15 year old kid sees his first NHL game in Prague in 2011, goes on to join the team and win the Cup 8 years later. Everyone has the right to earn as much money as they can for themselves and their families, but to hear a guy say he doesn’t play for money and mean it is just beautiful. He is on the right team in the right city. Go Bruins!!
Great song....

Reactions: BMC

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I like how Savvy still is involved with the B's. He was so much fun to watch as a player...talked all of the time :laugh:. I remember he kissed a couple of his team mates when he was psyched . I remember a couple of times when he leaped into Wideman's arms ( I believe because Wides made a nice pass to Marc).

I am also pleased that finally Savvy seems to be feeling well enough to play some hockey.
I think he really blossomed here and I loved his joy in the game. His career ended way too soon.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
For the past few years I wake up every morning between 2-4. I don't have to be up until 6 :-(
winter i can sleep. go to bed at 11. wake up around 530. no alarm.
summer with my allergies go to bed at 1am wake up at 5am. my room has to be at or below 60 degrees or i cant sleep

Reactions: Ladyfan

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
According to Norman Chad, a columnist, for the Washington Post, claims that no one except for Massachusetts, certain pockets of NH and Portland, Maine want the Bruins to win the Cup.

In fact, he says, no one wants any professional team from New England to win another title until the 22nd century, at the earliest.

He points out that:

NE Pats: from 1960 to 2000, the teams first 41 years, did not get any titles. Since 2001, they have 6 SBs.

Boston Red Sox: from 1919 to 2003 had no World Series titles. Since 2004 they have won 4 times

Boston Celtics: have the most titles in NBA history, 17.

Boston Bruins: from 1973 to 2010 the Bruins had no Cups. They won in 2011.

Basically, he is saying that New England has had too many wins. I say not enough.

Bring home another Bruins, we are cheering for you, forget the rest of the country that is jealous.

Go Bruins

...So what you're saying is that he is envious? No surprises there.

I mean I hate it every year the Jaguars have to play the Pats and I have to watch my team get brutalized, so I get it. You get tired of a winner, like Alabama with the national championship all the time. I think what makes the run of the Patriots and the Bruins so remarkable - ESPECIALLY the Pats - is that their run flies in the face of a supposedly fair league - when's the last time they've had a first round pick in the higher half of the draft board? The Pats just get it done no matter what problems accrue every year. I have to respect and admire that

And for Bruins, they just have a special core group of veterans that we're all gonna severely miss some day. This run is special for that reason and why I really wanna see them win it this year - who knows what could happen next season

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
winter i can sleep. go to bed at 11. wake up around 530. no alarm.
summer with my allergies go to bed at 1am wake up at 5am. my room has to be at or below 60 degrees or i cant sleep
Ugh. For me it's menopause crap that wakes me up. I think allergies would be worse. At least mine will go away eventually. Years. But eventually lol

Reactions: BMC

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Wow...you could be the first Leaf fan I can honestly say I like and would talk hockey with.........We are going to win it for all the great leaf fans all over...

It’s notorious for us to hate you guys, and I do when we play each other, but you guys have the best team in the league and deserve to be in the finals more than any team in the league. Trust me I’ve had a lot of banter with the Bruins board but its just the passion for the Buds that fuels it, the Bruins are just the better team and I only hope and pray we become as good as you guys one day. I love the Bruins as a team and the way they play, they have an identity and they go for guys both in the draft, via trade and free agency that play to that identity and it’s awesome to see. I also f***ing love David Pastrnak, that kid is an absolute STUD and to think you guys won the presidents trophy and got him in the same year at the draft just shows how great the Bruins are. I hope my Leafs get there one day.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Thanks ! The Leafs are up and coming. That series could have gone either away. I don't believe you will have to wait too many years before your team is in the finals. I say this often but the Toronto fans are my favorite fans that visit the Garden.

Yeah forsure, see I’m not like other Leafs fans that will get so defensive and not admit when the other team is better. The Bruins have always been better and will be for another season or two or maybe even three, I hope and pray you’re right though, it’s tough to see you guys in the final knowing we could have closed it on home ice but hey, great teams find a way and the Bruins did exactly that, nothing but respect for you guys and even though Marchand can be a scumbag, he’s an absolutely brilliant hockey player, an elite superstar who oozes intangibles from his pores! One day I want to go to a game at TD Garden, my brother went to game 2 last year when you guys smoked us and Pastrnak lit us up for 6 points :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad