Practice cancelled: Dubas to speak to media at 11:30

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
You see, to people that aren't consumed by hating on "nerds" there's a very very broad line between "speculating on likely intent" and "praise"
except that some were "praising" him on "speculation"

and now it's come out there's only a presser because of the complaint

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The media is the literal worst.

Always complain whenever a player doesn't want to talk to them, or when a coach tells them a question is stupid, and now when Toronto cancels a practice (lol wtf), yet will gladly harass players famalies, and bash players and management.

I wish Toronto would just shut media out of practices.

apparently it's a league-y thing. so i mean if the rangers or ... someone else did this it would be the same situation. but still kinda funny. so if the leafs did a booboo here that's mandated by the league then just hold up to their end of the bargain.

Reactions: rumman

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Chris Johnston @reporterchris
Kyle Dubas says the #leafs have made progress on an extension for Auston Matthews. Ideally he'd like to get it done ASAP for long-term clarity before trade deadline. Adds they aren't negotiating with Mitch Marner at the request of Marner's agent, Darren Ferris.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's needed to know before the Leafs start acquiring players with term at the deadline.

Yup. It's been said Dubas doesn't want to acquire a rental player, but rather someone with term. To do that, we need to have Matthews locked in at least.

I'm sure Dubas has an idea of where the Marner camp wants to end up. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about Johnsson or Kapanen yet.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Sounds like Marner is putting himself ahead of the team...

...trade him for Simmonds or a defenseman!!!!!

:sarcasm:

Reactions: stickty111

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad