Practice cancelled: Dubas to speak to media at 11:30

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Topics at the 12:30p pressser

1) Dubas is banning Fortnite and introducing the players to Qbert.
2) Mandatory no facial hair.
3) Babcock will retire Gud Pro, Start on time, have a hockey summer and replace it with, Start some time in the 2nd period, Meh! Pro and have a holdout summer.
4) Seeing as Anderson is the only guy that shows up every game, he is asking for a waiver where the Leafs will ice only one guy every game, saving the team millions.
5) Defence will play forward position and forwards will now play defence.
6) He will announce that he will indeed be going to his High School prom this year.
7) In response to Philly's new mascot, Carlton the Bear will be replaced by Manny Manimal (SNL fans will get this)

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Yeah but to Paws anything that isn't unprovoked seething hatred, disdain, and weird highschool level mockery is being a fanboy
so you're saying we shouldn't wait to hear what he says before we praise him ?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
When a team struggles, the GM will sometimes speak to take pressure of the players and coaches.
Its a good move by Dubas.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
apparently someone in the media filed an official complaint about the leafs cancelling practice after media availability (you're apparently not supposed to do that). so that's why dubas is available

The media is the literal worst.

Always complain whenever a player doesn't want to talk to them, or when a coach tells them a question is stupid, and now when Toronto cancels a practice (lol wtf), yet will gladly harass players famalies, and bash players and management.

I wish Toronto would just shut media out of practices.

Reactions: Metroid

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Sounds like the media filed a complaint because Babs was supposed to speak today, so we get Dubas. LeBrun confirmed.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Officially giving us the go ahead to panic. And not the Richard kind.
Sweet.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Lmao. I guess it is their job, so fair game.
I have no issues with the media keeping the team honest, also who'd want to deal with Toronto traffic just to find practice is cancelled. Respect is a two way street.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad