Practice cancelled: Dubas to speak to media at 11:30

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The all star break is on thursday and they're off for 9 days.

No better time to talk then today

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
i'm hoping he's wearing his "process vs everyone" t-shirt to go along with the nerd glasses and **** eating grin

i bet that'll inspire the team

He's deflecting bullets away from his team by doing this presser.
Doesn't accomplish much, but it's good on him for doing so. Players/coaches notice.

Reactions: stickty111

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I don't think they need to cancel a practice for a state of the union address. One would assume its a roster move.

Why would they cancel practice for a trade?

Likely just a rest day and Dubas is heading off the incoming media storm by standing in front of the cameras for a few minutes and going through the usual "we believe in the team" statements.

Either that or the entire coaching staff has been fired.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I wonder if Dubas will mention anything about the crowd and the booing of Jake Gardiner in his speech.

Jake has been MIA from the line-up at home since that event and maybe this presser is related in some way.

Perhaps Dubas is going to plead to Leaf Nation for patience and support to help struggling players, not just Jake but others and to not to turn on them as well.

This has the feel of the GM stepping in and up to deliver a message of support in his idea of how he can help his team outside of personnel changes.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Just heard that the presser is regarding the Cup Parade planning. It is on hold for now. If they win a couple in a row, it will be back at the forefront.

Reactions: nsleaf

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
PHWA rule has been broken by the Leafs. They canceled practice after the media availability. Lance Hornby has filed an official complaint. Kyle Dubas is set to speak today because of this.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
A PC wouldn't be called before it was announced to the media.

It's just a mid-season presser like most teams do. This is even more needed with the recent struggles.
Figured, but I still had a little bit of hope lol

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sounds like nothing.

Will someone be able to read between the lines and post their findings for those not listening?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
99% likely to be a complete and utter bore.

Hopefully we find ourselves a Defenseman before the deadline, otherwise you expect another first round exit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad