Practice cancelled: Dubas to speak to media at 11:30

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
The delay in Matty's deal is language around injury insurance protection in contract. Not the money side of it but legal side of it. Some Leaf fans will be upset with money and some will think it is fair. But good news I got today is the money is agreed on. So it won't be long until Matty and Leafs are tied at hip for 8 years. Dubie and Matty will both be happy. Leaf fans who knows????????????

Reactions: Al14 and ToneDog

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
The delay in Matty's deal is language around injury insurance protection in contract. Not the money side of it but legal side of it. Some Leaf fans will be upset with money and some will think it is fair. But good news I got today is the money is agreed on. So it won't be long until Matty and Leafs are tied at hip for 8 years. Dubie and Matty will both be happy. Leaf fans who knows????????????

Leafs fans are never happy

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Leafs should look into this guy! hasnt scored much but wont cost much to sign long term.

Funny we could have drafted him. He went 2 spots after goat.
Can he forecheck/cycle and play heavy if he’s not scoring?

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
This should hopefully make Marners deal happen faster at years end, or at least before July 1st.

Getting him basically at the Tavares money would be great I think.

Marner hopefully stays around 10 or less. Should give a bit more wiggle room.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Then Dubie must decide if he will give Marner 10M for 8 years. As soon as he does he will have his wish all 3 guys signed. Personally I would do it. Lets get both these contracts done.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
you'll click like if someone shortens it for you

there we go it was tough to summarize your post but I did it. 0 words in mine 10 in yours

oh i'm dying.

anyway. Dubas said that we weren't playing well - and the puck went in. and now we're playing somewhat well and the puck isn't. the core of the team is young and so he's interested to see how they can get themselves out of it, and who can be a leader pull them through.

Reactions: SAMCRO44 and horner

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
We desperately need a good defender rental if we want a chance at the cup this year. We should be big time buyers at the deadline.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Only one twitter quote from this PC so far?

This is odd.

Usually reporters there like transcribe what he says as it happens. This time, we get the one CJ tweet about the Matthews/Marner extension talks, and that's it.

Maybe the rest of it has been boring?

Reactions: SprDaVE

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Funny we could have drafted him. He went 2 spots after goat.
Can he forecheck/cycle and play heavy if he’s not scoring?

he will score lots eventually. he is very gifted. But the Caps are up against the cap and he makes $3mill now.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
We desperately need a good defender rental if we want a chance at the cup this year. We should be big time buyers at the deadline.

yeah well Dubas thinks our defense is under-rated so i'm not holding my breath.
doesn't like rentals. won't trade for actual help.

wooo.

Reactions: rumman

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
No wonder Matthews has been down lately....an 8 year sentence would do that anyone....:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

(Sarcasm for those with reading difficulties)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->