Postponed Games Thread

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey

"No concerns were expressed on Sunday's game", my ass.

Pure Carny Scum.

If you gave Bill Daly an enema he'd fit in a shoebox.

Bill Daly is not gonna reveal that kind of info to the media. Vogl had every right to try, but it shouldn't be surprising to anybody that they'd want to keep it close to the vest.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Expect Minnesota games to be cancelled next.

So damn tired of this crap. At this point, #$%! it!! I welcome a break. Bring it on! Put the whole damn team on the shelf for a couple weeks. With all the injuries, we're running out of players anyway. It'll give them time to heal. And keep our fingers crossed that we don't have anyone else struggle with the after effects like Rossi.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Seems like we are getting to the point a league wide pause and a reevaluation of protocol might need to happen.

I doubt the NHL will be any different than MLB and the NFL. When the Marlins and Cardinals had their outbreaks, baseball kept going. When Tennessee and Denver had their outbreaks, football kept going. Why would the NHL no do the same?

Reactions: SniperHF

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Let's risk more peoples life's for our entertainment smh no one has zero clue what the after effects are in 2-3 years but hey the NHL has it under control

I think the risk is manageable as other leagues have shown and, frankly, lots of players would still be at risk even if they "stayed home", like the rest of us. Plenty of athletes got infected when sports were shut down.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
I think the risk is manageable as other leagues have shown and, frankly, lots of players would still be at risk even if they "stayed home", like the rest of us. Plenty of athletes got infected when sports were shut down.

This is where people don't get "it" covid is not something to take lightly I lost both of cousin's at age 27 and 30 Didn't even get to see them one last time..

The nhl needs to take this seriously 1 death is everything in my book and that lasting effects of covid could Affect someone for a lifetime ..

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
But honestly they didn't come up with a great plan at all I think we all can agree the bubble was a great idea in the playoffs it worked and it was safe

This was honestly something I expected last year in the playoffs They did a fantastic job with that I have no idea what their doing now

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
In regards to the Devils and Sabres;

I know the league and NHLPA came to agreement to list players on COVID protocol. Otherwise it would be a HIPAA violation. That doesn’t mean the Devils can or should reveal medical information to the Sabers. The Devils had two of their veteran players on protocol (and their starting goaltender), there is no benefit for them to play. This was the league’s call.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
This is where people don't get "it" covid is not something to take lightly I lost both of cousin's at age 27 and 30 Didn't even get to see them one last time..

The nhl needs to take this seriously 1 death is everything in my book and that lasting effects of covid could Affect someone for a lifetime ..

I'm sorry for your loss and by no means do I want to anyone to take COVID lightly but at least where I'm from our statistics show that healthy adults under 40 have are extremely unlikely to die from COVID.

IMO even during this time players are 10x more at risk of being disabled by concussions than COVID.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
But honestly they didn't come up with a great plan at all I think we all can agree the bubble was a great idea in the playoffs it worked and it was safe

This was honestly something I expected last year in the playoffs They did a fantastic job with that I have no idea what their doing now

Why would the NHL attempt an unrealistic bubble when no other league has?

Possibly this is on the players not taking it seriously enough as we saw in Washington.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I'm sorry for your loss and by no means do I want to anyone to take COVID lightly but at least where I'm from our statistics show that healthy adults under 40 have are extremely unlikely to die from COVID.

IMO even during this time players are 10x more at risk of being disabled by concussions than COVID.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and I don't want to have this discussion in this thread, but this is short sighted and flawed thinking.

Reactions: klozge

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
buffalo has every right to be furious.

bettman is playing God with players and families lives...not to mention community members at large lives...

what a complete idiot

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Why would the NHL attempt an unrealistic bubble when no other league has?

Possibly this is on the players not taking it seriously enough as we saw in Washington.

ya and two of the four caps players are still in COVID protocol, what's your point.

fact is North America is in the midst of one of the worlds worst pandemics and for some reason Bettman and the Board of Governers are so selfish that they want to risk hundreds of thousands of peoples lives to hold up the NHL end of a freaking TV deal...

give it up already. the NHL and the TV deals need to deal with changes like everyone else. suck it up, go get governmental help....WAIT, none of them will qualify for help as they are all stinking rich....

push on then right...LOL...

the old attage is correct; "you can't fix stupid"

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
The difference between hockey and other sports is that it's purely indoors in a cold and dry environment, which is precisely where the virus thrives.

I would say starting up sports in the middle of a pandemic was stupid but we're way beyond stupid at this point.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York

But you also hear stories like Marco Rossi’s where a 19 year old has been out all season because of COVID-19.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
The difference between hockey and other sports is that it's purely indoors in a cold and dry environment, which is precisely where the virus thrives.

I would say starting up sports in the middle of a pandemic was stupid but we're way beyond stupid at this point.

Yeah, this. Hockey is being singled out as a problem-child here in Norway now, as when other sports have outbreaks, it get contained. In hockey, if someone on a team gets it- well, the entire team seems to get it. The constant line-changes, players obviously and naturally not wearing masks between their shifts, sitting next to each other in a rotating way, breathing heavily- this is not comparable to a bench in, say, soccer.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Covid isnt going to vanish ever and I highly doubt vaccine is going to change that either. Its a new world
Yep. Cat is out 0f the bag now.

Sabres coach Ralph Krueger confirmed: Covid-19 positive. Per Sabres PR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad