Joe Bowen (Leafs Radio Broadcaster) Becomes Irate About How Quiet Leafs Fans Are With A Few Minutes Left Of G3

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ottawa is way worse. I've seen multiple games at every arena in Canada, lived in Ottawa, and it's not even close. Ottawa is the worst hockey town that has a team.
When the Sens were in the playoffs they got plenty loud. Hard to get excited with not much success.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Has nothing to do with driving distance.

Plenty of Leaf fans in Ottawa already, whether for work, or because their family fandom pre-dated the return of the Senators to the league.

I personally know a lot of Leaf fans who live here and shell out for the 2 games they play here per year. Often I'll bring one to the game with my own ticket package so someone goes home happy.

In any event, it is better in the playoffs as was obvious from those two clips.
This. ^

I think the ACC was as loud as it has ever been during those Ottawa-Toronto series in the early 2000s.

The Gardens could get loud too. The joint was rocking in those playoff runs of ‘93 and ‘94.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
LOL these leafs fans are just like Laker fans who show up to games in street clothes with no fan gear whatsoever

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Aren’t most of the season seats owned by corporations? Hard to get rabid fans into the arena when they are priced out.
Corporate arena presence is really the worst. You get people that don't really care to be there, but are there because it's "free", the business is just more or less wasting money because it's such a small item in their budget and keeps high enough level execs/clients happy without having a real tangible revenue-increasing effect, it may even be tax deductible as a business expense, idk (ask an accountant), the game itself may as well be background action for the people there as they focus more on networking, and they don't care if they get there late or leave early because again, it's "free". All the while it just drives up ticket prices and the people paying their own money, which is proportionally an exponentially higher amount of what they have, suffer and are ultimately priced out.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
You're right. They should be clearly be cheering after the Leafs took a penalty with a minute to go effectively ending the game. Damn those Leaf fans.
also while the play hasent even started yet lol.

seriously a dum ass picture.

i actually thought the crowd was pretty good last night from what i heard on TV. I think this is just more anti leafs bull shit to get clicks

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
also while the play hasent even started yet lol.

seriously a dum ass picture.

i actually thought the crowd was pretty good last night from what i heard on TV. I think this is just more anti leafs bull shit to get clicks

The kicker is the OP supports a team who can't even sniff the f***ing playoffs. What would he know about a noisy arena?

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Has nothing to do with driving distance.

Plenty of Leaf fans in Ottawa already, whether for work, or because their family fandom pre-dated the return of the Senators to the league.

I personally know a lot of Leaf fans who live here and shell out for the 2 games they play here per year. Often I'll bring one to the game with my own ticket package so someone goes home happy.

In any event, it is better in the playoffs as was obvious from those two clips.

Having driven to Ottawa games from Toronto and been part of fan buses in university I can confirm it has something more than nothing to do with it if you want to be unnecessarily difficult about the wording.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Having driven to Ottawa games from Toronto and been part of fan buses in university I can confirm it has something more than nothing to do with it if you want to be unnecessarily difficult about the wording.

Dude, let him have his thing. Sens fans don't have much else.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
They new nhl.com would put it in for them.

Sorry but he’s right.

Look at the platinums at the starts of the 2nd and 3rd periods.

So many empty seats until the first whistle. Those fans should be ashamed of themselves
Not new there. The beer and bathroom lines are long when you wait for the horn.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The kicker is the OP supports a team who can't even sniff the f***ing playoffs. What would he know about a noisy arena?

He would know how loud it gets in the fourth round of the post-season.

Not sure why you’re upset with the OP. Sounds like your beef should be with Joe Bowen.

Last edited:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I think everything in Toronto is magnified. The rinks in Florida don't seem overly loud. Lower the ticket prices or design a system where the average younger fan can afford it.

Outside of SBA is louder than inside because that's where the kids are. Expecting retirees and people on business tickets to cheer louder than the kids has always been ridiculous.

Reactions: torontoblood

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Never understood this. Are people supposed to be standing and cheering for 2 hours?

Reactions: um

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Never understood this. Are people supposed to be standing and cheering for 2 hours?

If the Leafs lowered their ticket prices proportionately to the amount of noise the fans made - they might have the loudest arena in the NHL.

It is ridiculous though to expect people to go to a sporting event and scream for 3 hours if you're middle aged or older (as most people in the arena are). If you want to hear noise, let the kids standing outside the arena get free tickets in return for noise.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
Now post Buffalo's goals vs. Toronto in the post-season.

Buffalo may never see the playoffs again in your lifetime.

Since the lockout, Buffalo has four times as many playoff series wins as Toronto. Leafs fans cannot throw playoff-related shade at any other team in the NHL.

You should know better.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Since the lockout, Buffalo has four times as many playoff series wins as Toronto. Leafs fans cannot throw playoff-related shade at any other team in the NHL.

You should know better.

Oh now it's since the lockout. Keep moving the goal posts.

Buffalo fans can enjoy their "since the lockout success", I guess.

Talk to me if your team ever makes the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad