Postponed Games Thread

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
The Stanley Cup final was supposed to finish no later than 9 July.

I think that the regular season won't finish before 9 July.

Reactions: Ringmaster

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
STL/VGK now officially postponed:

When Vegas played the other night with all the coaches in quarantine I said it was a bad decision to play the game. Now it appears players had Covid during the game and could have easily spread it to their teammates, the Blues, the refs, etc.

It made no sense to play the other night, if you need to quarantine all the coaches out of caution you need to postpone the game out of caution. Now there is a good chance the Blues will miss multiple games moving forward when they could have just missed the games against Vegas.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Which team will be screwed most by the cancellation of the 2021 season?

- Colorado because again it won't be "their year" and they have a lot of UFAs and RFAs?
- The East teams that are just getting older + have some key UFAs (BOS, PIT, WSH)?
- A Canadian team because it seems to be a wide open division?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Definitely a bad decision by the league to let that game go forward with the coaches in quarantine. What a mind boggling decision.

Could be the longest season yet with the postponements.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
When Vegas played the other night with all the coaches in quarantine I said it was a bad decision to play the game. Now it appears players had Covid during the game and could have easily spread it to their teammates, the Blues, the refs, etc.

It made no sense to play the other night, if you need to quarantine all the coaches out of caution you need to postpone the game out of caution. Now there is a good chance the Blues will miss multiple games moving forward when they could have just missed the games against Vegas.
that made no sense.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
They nailed the playoffs and can't seem to get theit stuff together for the reg season.

I don't get it.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Dell, Carrick, and Vats are on for travel reasons, but even taking those three off that's a lot.

Not sure how they let us play the Buffalo game when they had positive tests of Zajac and Palms within days of each other.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Does this mean New Jersey won't play until after February 6th? Cancelling the Rangers game?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If lou was still the GM of the leafs then Dell bringing covid to the devils would have been a very "the lannisters send their regards" moment. Sounds like he might not have even been with the team yet though.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
It's going to go past the 6th. Wouldn't shock me if they don't play again until the 13th

This is why we Devils fans can't have nice things.

If lou was still the GM of the leafs then Dell bringing covid to the devils would have been a very "the lannisters send their regards" moment. Sounds like he might not have even been with the team yet though.

Lou would be much more subtle than that.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
We the fans and the league both knew they would be dealing with this throughout the season.
Honestly, this is fine that it happened to the Devils at this point in time. Things were getting a little out of control.

The team claimed Dell 14 days ago and he hasn't suited up.
Vatanen was signed 26 days ago and hasn't practiced.

Blackwood, Zajac, and Palmieri are on the protocol list. It is pretty alarming that Palmieri played Saturday and then magically landed on the list and couldn't play 24 hours later.

Johnsson, Kuokkanen, and Zacha all played Sat/Sun and are on the list Monday.

During all of this, Hischier has been injured and the team is actively trying to hide what actually happened to him. They had said they were hopeful he would play opening night... and 9 games later, he hasn't practiced with the team and just started skating on his own.

To have the next 10 days off, we'll hopefully get all of these guys back.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
BUF/NYI postponed tonight. Sabres weren't able to fly to Long Island yesterday due to the weather, in turn preventing the proper COVID protocols from being completed in time for the game:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Maybe not so weather-related.

From what we know today's cancellation is still just weather-related, based on that tweet above from the NHL. They weren't able to fly in on time to go through the tracing/testing protocols. But they still have a right to be pissed, and their players were likely exposed because the games weren't cancelled this weekend. Sunday should've definitely been cancelled with Palms joining the protocol list and Zajac joining a few days earlier, it's clear there was a problem and it should've been contained better.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->