Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Lmao this is the kinda stuff that makes me come back. Never ever stop
You come back just to laugh at me...

EnergeticEmbarrassedBaldeagle-max-1mb.gif

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Unless you are MB then I ain't laughing at you. You know times are tough when you come back for the good debates and laughs and not because of the promising future of this franchise...why can't we have both? :(
We can't have nice things with MB, as soon as he is gone we can start the healing process, then we can start rallying together to support this team again.

Reactions: AshyHabs

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Ok so no one enjoys interacting with me!!!!!
I shall make you mortals pay dearly......
listen and listen carefully.....

Hail Marc B our spiritual leader the one and only....

P.S "for the sensitive and posters lacking humor)......these are only words of fiction and do not represent the really opinion of the writer or poster. The said writers posters can not be prosecuted nor persecuted for such statements....

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
A break from the boards was probably best for both sides, sometimes its easy to get emotionally invested in the opinions of strangers on the internet. 2016-17 was a very interesting season on HF habs to say the least.

I did find that his incessant desire to drive his point home about the hypocrisy between how Subban was viewed and how Weber was viewed contributed to the division of the board, it seems to be a more homogeneous place now that everyone agrees how bleak the situation is.

There's agreeing that the team sucks and needing a change and then there's constantly whinging about everything despite it potentially being a move towards change. It's not because things are bleak now that everything needs to be viewed through shit coloured glasses.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Let's start with Bergevin, we might be ok moving forward with the Molsons if they do it right after Bergy is gone, if they hire a good GM and a competent president.We will see, but for now this is hotdog city, a big joke.

Not to turn this into a habs discussion but when Molson was hired he did used Savard as an aid to find the best GM for the team at the time.

He can fire MB(which I suggest he does) but he can't really deflect and say they'll dig deeper for a GM or whatever. MB was supposed to be the pick after a long search.

Molson's problem is he's a marketing man. He cared about a brand more so than a process. He wanted the team to be competitive, bilingual and check all the boxes. As a result, he moved too fast and checked things that don't matter.

Molson is an owner, not a president.

Reactions: Roke

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Not to turn this into a habs discussion but when Molson was hired he did used Savard as an aid to find the best GM for the team at the time.

He can fire MB(which I suggest he does) but he can't really deflect and say they'll dig deeper for a GM or whatever. MB was supposed to be the pick after a long search.

Molson's problem is he's a marketing man. He cared about a brand more so than a process. He wanted the team to be competitive, bilingual and check all the boxes. As a result, he moved too fast and checked things that don't matter.

Molson is an owner, not a president.

Molson is technically owner and president. A PHO would report to ownership (Molson has partners) and Molson has that double role.

The huge, gaping problem is that the PHO is also a hockey man who institutes oversight. This is a serious problem in Montreal where Molson can not provide the hockey experience required for oversight, nor apparantly does he see the dire need for it.

A trio of Disaster Artists, one at each of the top 3 positions, will get a team to where the Habs are today - scraping the bottom of the NHL barrel.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
A break from the boards was probably best for both sides, sometimes its easy to get emotionally invested in the opinions of strangers on the internet. 2016-17 was a very interesting season on HF habs to say the least.

I did find that his incessant desire to drive his point home about the hypocrisy between how Subban was viewed and how Weber was viewed contributed to the division of the board, it seems to be a more homogeneous place now that everyone agrees how bleak the situation is.

Frank, you’d be on any list I made. But you ran away from the Habs section this year. You could’ve still shared an opinion.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Frank, you’d be on any list I made. But you ran away from the Habs section this year. You could’ve still shared an opinion.
Im not sure run away is the right term. Last summer was really difficult to watch the events unfold. I liked the Drouin trade, but between the price contract and losing both Russians things looked very bleak very quickly.

Then to tune in and watch price put the effort/performance level in that he did...the team wasn't worth my time to watch.

So i didn't really run away as much as i genuinely lost interest/hope.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
All the single poster analysis and kumbaya aside I was part of a meet up a few years back with LShap as the organizer.

I wouldn't organize because its a headache but I was wondering if people would do say a meet up or a laval rockets game as a group some time next season.
Funny -- I was at the development camp in Laval last month and saw a bunch of posts from other HF folks who were sitting in the same small crowd. I looked around to see if I could spot the familiar screen on anyone's phone. Only two/three hundred people... how far could they be? But despite my efforts to reach out, my fellow HFHabs members remained in the shadows, refusing to reveal themselves. Maybe it was something I said. Maybe they'd spoken to my ex-girlfriends. Maybe my parole officer opened his mouth, even though I clearly warned him what would happen if he said a word about the bodies. So yeah, people had the chance to meet up in Laval. They failed. There is no failure in my world, only revenge and repentance.

So yeah, a meetup sounds great!

Can't wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad