OT: Posters you really enjoy to interact with in the Habs forum

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If I remember correctly it was more of a response to those that said things about Subbans contract and the fact of how he played hardball with Bergevin and eventually got 9 million a year. All we have heard about Weber was that he was a Mountain of character but basically the guy did sign an offer sheet with the Flyers that sort of handcuffed his former team. The statements about Weber were more of a way of basically asking how some could vilify Subban on one hand and basically overlook the actions of Weber. The nicknames might have been unnecessary but I understood the message.
Yes, and thats exactly what trolling means.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
You're all cool, even the ones with bad opinions. It's a shame I don't check this board as much as I used to, but between real life and the Habs being depressing to think about, it's mostly a way to vent for me these days.

Hate to single out anyone, but shout out to the dearly departed W7 - secretly as nice of a guy as there is, Blou - a genius at his craft, a and to some of the guys who forgot more about hockey than I will ever know - Lafleur's Guy, Whitesnake, WTK, DAChampion, Talk to Goalposts, Mathman, NotProkofievian, far too many to think of.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I haven't earn love from anyone yet. I do enjoy reading the debates. Sucks cause since I joined the team has been heading downhill
I only found out about this place couple years back and I don't see much coming from myself but 1 liners and bergybashing. You guys are funny as **** esp the anti MB crew. Keep it up!
234119873813f5b79fd407c793acd4ff2818ed7a062031951f43a30c8589ba31b8037452.jpg

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
If I remember correctly, W7 said that he was told by the mods to stop using insulting monikers for players and management (ie. Bargainbin, Webersheet, Shawful etc.). Not long after he told me that, he was gone.

I assume he just couldn't help himself. There was probably other things that were behind the decision, but I think that was the final straw.

He was the frank luntz of this board.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Agreed, but like I said, there was probably more.

He did go on a number of rage fueled tangents about how Bergevin defenders should be equally punished and infracted for their troll like support of Bergevin. He was a loose cannon near the end of his time here.

I'd like to have him back here, I thought he was pretty knowledgeable and funny. I doubt that ever happens though.
A break from the boards was probably best for both sides, sometimes its easy to get emotionally invested in the opinions of strangers on the internet. 2016-17 was a very interesting season on HF habs to say the least.

I did find that his incessant desire to drive his point home about the hypocrisy between how Subban was viewed and how Weber was viewed contributed to the division of the board, it seems to be a more homogeneous place now that everyone agrees how bleak the situation is.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If I remember correctly it was more of a response to those that said things about Subbans contract and the fact of how he played hardball with Bergevin and eventually got 9 million a year. All we have heard about Weber was that he was a Mountain of character but basically the guy did sign an offer sheet with the Flyers that sort of handcuffed his former team. The statements about Weber were more of a way of basically asking how some could vilify Subban on one hand and basically overlook the actions of Weber. The nicknames might have been unnecessary but I understood the message.

It was a ridiculous statement anyway.

If people think Subban was mistreated by management, what was Weber?

These are the facts:

Subban elected for arbitration, habs caved and gave him 9 million a year.

When Weber went to arbitration it was Nashville who sent him and they were perfectly content not giving him term despite the fact he was their captain and star.

Nashville was approaching a rebuild the following season and again refused to give him term. His agent openly said he wanted to move on because he didn't want another rebuild. Of course, it didn't help that they had trouble keeping him.

Flyers gave a contract offer, weber signed.

Because suter left, Nashville had a lot of pressure to keep Weber, so they matched. Everyone played them out as the victims despite the fact Weber was asking for a long term deal for years. Weber never asked for salary arbitration, they did.

To add insult to injury when the rebuild in Nashville was over Poile traded him for a younger guy.

It's basically akin to haggling Price with a contract and then going into a rebuild. When we finally get Kot and others ready for primetime we trade him to another team because we're looking for someone younger.

Nashville has a history of this, people forget how they threw Radulov under the bus for being 15 minutes late.

As for w7, he brought a lot to this board but I do not miss him. He couldn't help himself and was dramatically over the top for my tastes. At a certain point everything he wrote was a meme or agenda driven and you couldn't have a normal discussion with him without him trying to push something. It was tiresome and disappointing given he was much smarter and knowledgeable than he was portraying.

If ever he was unbanned and came back a little more toned down it would be great but if he got banned here then reddit I'd imagine he's incapable.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I don't miss W7 either. Every great intervention (and, frankly, he had quite a lot of them!) came with two very stupid ones (which means he had even more of latter than the former).

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Thought he was way too overdramatic in the end.

His comments became repetitive, neatly but unecessarily overdressed. It was weird cause you could see his obsession while at the same time he still tried to impress.

I like people who write well, but I'm also a pragmatist and to me it's just pointless spending so much time overstating and dressing it up.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Honestly, I don't have a problem with anyone here. I don't have a block list, despite being pushed close a few times, but for the most part, you show some decency, I'll treat you in kind.

That said, those who put together well constructed posts will always have my respect. I don't even have to agree with you but if you support your arguments, I'll respect that effort. Nothing irks me more than posting a long analysis only to be met with a "no" or "u r wrong". Well, maybe bad grammar (not the second language struggles, but the bad grammar you see when people are just plain lazy).

Many here who I won't list out of respect, but you probably know who you are, I enjoy reading more than others. Be it dry wit, player/team/game analysis, epic shoops, GDTs or plain ole interesting stories, just keep it coming.

In the end, I'll say this. Just stay true and be yourselves. You are allowed to have an opinion different from mine. You're just going to be wrong, but that is ok :D

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
All the single poster analysis and kumbaya aside I was part of a meet up a few years back with LShap as the organizer.

I wouldn't organize because its a headache but I was wondering if people would do say a meet up or a laval rockets game as a group some time next season.

Reactions: Mrb1p and 417

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
But there's only so many times and so many ways you can say Bergevin is incompetent before it becomes repetitive.

I mean I tore my hair out going up against the hoards of Desharnais fans/supporters and Natedog and his 50,000 posts trying to convince everyone how much he friggin sucked! Trying times for Habs fans during the Bergevin era for sure. Never experienced anything like that under Gainey/Gauthier. Probably would have been just as bad under the Houle years. Bergevin MUST be fired for the sake of this franchise and in order for this community to move forward.

...And this is exactly why it's sometimes awful here.
HOARDS.
W.
T.
F.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Honestly, I don't have a problem with anyone here. I don't have a block list, despite being pushed close a few times, but for the most part, you show some decency, I'll treat you in kind.

I've only blocked one guy because he seemed to be obsessed with me, seemingly quoting any post I made and starting some nonsense about it.

I had him blocked for a year and he had no idea, he just kept quoting me. He doesn't post anymore but he had a crazy obsessive attitude and he was only person I ever blocked.

Other than that, I keep everyone too.

Reactions: sandviper

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
...And this is exactly why it's sometimes awful here.
HOARDS.
W.
T.
F.

Hoards yes. that's exactly what it felt like. You know how Belial is? Now imagine arguing with 50,000 of them! Imagine being able to predict exactly where this team was headed and trying to save a team that you loved and was the closest thing we had to being a contender in 25 years! Thankfully I am not as personally invested in the team anymore. There's nothing else left to save. The only option is to rebuild.

Reactions: groovejuice

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Hoards yes. that's exactly what it felt like. You know how Belial is? Now imagine arguing with 50,000 of them! Imagine being able to predict exactly where this team was headed and trying to save a team that you loved and was the closest thing we had to being a contender in over 20 years! Thankfully I am not as personally invested in the team anymore. There's nothing else left to save. The only option is to rebuild.

50000, lulz

Reactions: 417

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hoards yes. that's exactly what it felt like. You know how Belial is? Now imagine arguing with 50,000 of them! Imagine being able to predict exactly where this team was headed and trying to save a team that you loved and was the closest thing we had to being a contender in 25 years! Thankfully I am not as personally invested in the team anymore. There's nothing else left to save. The only option is to rebuild.

That's great comedy, actually!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2