OT: Posters you really enjoy to interact with in the Habs forum

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
That's great. Must have been a while ago.

Was indeed a long time ago. Perhaps around the time you signed up.

I think my avatar progression went something like this:

Che Guevara -> Nelson Mandela -> Frank Zappa -> Alexander Hamilton -> Simón Bolívar

What a weird group of individuals, now that I think about it.

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Was indeed a long time ago. Perhaps around the time you signed up.

I think my avatar progression went something like this:

Che Guevara -> Nelson Mandela -> Frank Zappa -> Alexander Hamilton -> Simón Bolívar

What a weird group of individuals, now that I think about it.

Interesting group. All proponents of social change to different degrees.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Would be an interesting sideline to this thread, explaining your avatar. Mine is just dumb luck that I happened to see this picture and I immediately thought, there's my avatar. I always liked CB and Peanuts.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
We can't have nice things with MB, as soon as he is gone we can start the healing process, then we can start rallying together to support this team again.
Given the fact that this franchise only hires GM's that are pretty much the same as Bergevin that so-called "healing process" isn't likely to last very long. It's far more likely that the new GM will, as Bergevin did, enjoy a brief honeymoon period with the fans. Then he'll do something they disagree with and next thing you know there'll be memes of the new guy wearing clown make-up all over this place and every thread on the board will be hijacked by people pursuing the "Fire (insert GM's name here)" agenda.

We need to accept the fact that the new boss will be the same as the old boss and remember that, once upon a time, we had high hopes for Bergevin too.

There will be no healing process and no healing. Only rinsing and repeating.

And better hot dogs, of course.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Would be an interesting sideline to this thread, explaining your avatar. Mine is just dumb luck that I happened to see this picture and I immediately thought, there's my avatar. I always liked CB and Peanuts.

I was so angry when they traded Weinrich for Patrick Traverse back in 2001, I made this avatar to mock the event forever. So it's Traverse with his number, he has a skate and rollerskate on. God he was awful, and Weinrich was such a rock back there. Its Forrest Gump with a bad early 2001 Photoshop or Traverse's head.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I was so angry when they traded Weinrich for Patrick Traverse back in 2001, I made this avatar to mock the event forever. So it's Traverse with his number, he has a skate and rollerskate on. God he was awful, and Weinrich was such a rock back there. Its Forrest Gump with a bad early 2001 Photoshop or Traverse's head.
This is why Habs fans are beyond hope. I swear, a shrink could make a fortune off of psychoses like this. Think about it. We have here a poster who admits that he literally created an avatar (and has kept it for close to 2 decades now) to protest the fact that Eric Weinrich... Eric, Freakin', Weinrich, the Karl Alzner of the late 90's and early 2000's, was traded for Patrick Traverse, the Jordie Benn of the late 90's and early 2000's. Really.

Let that sink in for a moment, ladies and gentlemen.

If trading a scrub like Weinrich for another scrub like Traverse is your tipping point then I can only imagine what the Roy or Subban trades must have done to you. I'm surprised you haven't regressed into a catatonic, vegetative state by now from the sensory overload created by Bergevin's deals.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
This is why Habs fans are beyond hope. I swear, a shrink could make a fortune off of psychoses like this. Think about it. We have here a poster who admits that he literally created an avatar (and has kept it for close to 2 decades now) to protest the fact that Eric Weinrich... Eric, Freakin', Weinrich, the Karl Alzner of the late 90's and early 2000's, was traded for Patrick Traverse, the Jordie Benn of the late 90's and early 2000's. Really.

If trading a scrub like Weinrich for another scrub like Traverse is your tipping point then I can only imagine what the Roy or Subban trades must have done to you. I'm surprised you haven't regressed into a catatonic, vegetative state by now from the sensory overload created by Bergevin's deals.

Nice blurb. Or the alternative is, I'm too lazy to change it after all these years. But run with your theory Freud.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Im not sure run away is the right term. Last summer was really difficult to watch the events unfold. I liked the Drouin trade, but between the price contract and losing both Russians things looked very bleak very quickly.

Then to tune in and watch price put the effort/performance level in that he did...the team wasn't worth my time to watch.

So i didn't really run away as much as i genuinely lost interest/hope.

Good to read you, Frank. I know the team isn't appealing and certainly wasn't last year but we missed you. Hoping you'll have more time for the forum this year, win, lose or lack of a draw (in attendance and tv ratings, that is).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My avatar speaks for itself...

You have great taste. Why, I barely had time to post it and you've smartly made it your avatar. :wg:

You beat out GoodKiwi who was considering it as an option.

Reactions: Bryson

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Runner's avy looks a lot like Cobain, but I'm probavly mistaken.

I used to sport, for many years, a rare cover (the German edition) of one my favorite novels of all time, Rant, by Chuck Palahniuk.

Now it's just the cover of Suburban Teenage Wasteland Blues, the 2nd album by Strung Out, which is regarded by many punkrockers as one of the best californian punk rock albums, myself included. It rocks.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Runner's avy looks a lot like Cobain, but I'm probavly mistaken.

I used to sport, for many years, a rare cover (the German edition) of one my favorite novels of all time, Rant, by Chuck Palahniuk.

Now it's just the cover of Suburban Teenage Wasteland Blues, the 2nd album by Strung Out, which is regarded by many punkrockers as one of the best californian punk rock albums, myself included. It rocks.
They're no Dead Kennedys :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad