Rumor: Post-season Rumour Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I feel agents and GMs know the cap will skyrocket once Seattle comes in. That seems to be the only explanation for these contracts.

It wasn't that long ago that Price signed for $6.5 million and everyone spit out their drinks because it was SO EXPENSIVE. Now you see backups signing for $3mil+

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
If Dannoh really wants 6 mil or anywhere close to it he can walk. If Gallagher doesn't make that there is no business for Dannoh to make even half that... because at best Dannoh is only 1/2 Gallagher... and probably less.

Meanwhile Danault got more points than Little Gally without any PP mins..

Last edited:

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
If Dannoh really wants 6 mil or anywhere close to it he can walk. If Gallagher doesn't make that there is no business for Dannoh to make even half that... because at best Dannoh is only 1/2 Gallagher... and probably less.

When did Gallagher sign his deal?

Recent signings are more apt comparables. It’s a proven inflationary market.

Would you offer Marner the same money as Nathan MacKinnon?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Puljujarvi and the Oilers 2nd for Byron. Not sure I would do this or not. Would you? I hear they are looking for a 3rd line player cause their depth sucks. I don't see any team trading an asset like Byron straight up for Puljujarvi.

I don't really care for Puljujarvi but I would be willing to see how he fits our team. The 2nd and 38th pick would be what I am after!

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Puljujarvi and the Oilers 2nd for Byron. Not sure I would do this or not. Would you? I hear they are looking for a 3rd line player cause their depth sucks. I don't see any team trading an asset like Byron straight up for Puljujarvi.

I don't really care for Puljujarvi but I would be willing to see how he fits our team. The 2nd and 38th pick would be what I am after!

I would to my diligence on Puju but I would be really interested

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
I think Montreal should go after Timo Meier (Offer Sheet).

Assuming an upper limit of 83M per cap friendly (although, insiders are saying it may be 81.5-82M, which is even better).

The Sharks currently have 16.3M of cap space available, say they resign Labanc (probably around 5-6M AAV)
So that's 10M left to resign Thorton, Pavelski, Marleau (said Thorton & Marleau both take 1M deals, I can't see Pavelski taking less than 6M) you're left with 2M cap space with 11F, 6D, 2G signed. Add 3 league minimum contracts and you're at 22 contracts (not 23 as most clubs carry) and no more cap space, again assuming cap space of 83 so it gets even worst for them if it falls below.

That leaves a big hole for who? Timo Meier. I'd offer 7 years at 7.5M AAV (because of the way offer sheets work, the compensation required would fall at 10.5M equivalency, so that's 2 first round picks, a 2nd rd pick, and a 3rd rd pick.

Mieir turns 23 once the season rolls around, so his best years are ahead of him, and he's going to be a solid contributor for the length of that contract which takes him to age 30.

Thoughts?

Reactions: bsl

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Assuming an upper limit of 83M per cap friendly (although, insiders are saying it may be 81.5-82M, which is even better).

The Sharks currently have 16.3M of cap space available, say they resign Labanc (probably around 5-6M AAV)
So that's 10M left to resign Thorton, Pavelski, Marleau (said Thorton & Marleau both take 1M deals, I can't see Pavelski taking less than 6M) you're left with 2M cap space with 11F, 6D, 2G signed. Add 3 league minimum contracts and you're at 22 contracts (not 23 as most clubs carry) and no more cap space, again assuming cap space of 83 so it gets even worst for them if it falls below.

That leaves a big hole for who? Timo Meier. I'd offer 7 years at 7.5M AAV (because of the way offer sheets work, the compensation required would fall at 10.5M equivalency, so that's 2 first round picks, a 2nd rd pick, and a 3rd rd pick.

Mieir turns 23 once the season rolls around, so his best years are ahead of him, and he's going to be a solid contributor for the length of that contract which takes him to age 30.

Thoughts?
Sharks would match, they would let the old farts go. It's about time for them to let go.

Reactions: Vachon23

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

I doubt the Oilers do that.

That brings them to just over 6 mill cap space based on 83 mill and they need a good d added and another good forward. They're better off trading him for cheap talent that might be in a similar place, like Lehkonen for him straight up.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Thoughts?

6 years at $7M is the highest I would go. This would be a 2020 1st, 2nd, 3rd. We would be taking a risk that we have a healthy season next year and make the playoffs. If we don't, our 1st becomes a lottery pick.

Two 1st is more risk than I am willing to take.

Or you go with a 5 year deal at $8M. We overpay in AAV but this puts a lot of pressure on the Sharks cap situation. If they match, they have $6.3M for 7 players and Thornton, Pavalski, and Nyquist are gone. They also have to give Lablanc a raise too.

Reactions: bsl

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I doubt the Oilers do that.

That brings them to just over 6 mill cap space based on 83 mill and they need a good d added and another good forward. They're better off trading him for cheap talent that might be in a similar place, like Lehkonen for him straight up.

I'm not going to do them any favors. If they say no, tell them to explore other options and if they fall through, circle back and give us a call.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'd definitely like to take a chance on Puljujarvi.

Byron is my first thought, but like it's been said, capwise might be tough for the Oilers. I'd like to keep the Fins together on the team.

I'd offer them someone like Peca, but they probably don't want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad