Rumor: Post-season Rumour Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
CLICK HERE>Hurricanes expect to lose goalies Petr Mrazek, Curtis McElhinney

“We’re trying to sign them, but it doesn’t look like we’re going to get either signed,” Hurricanes general manager Don Waddell told reporters. “So, if not, we’ll go to the market and see what’s out there for July 1.”

McElhinney, 36, finished the regular season with a 20-11-2 record to go with a 2.58 GAA, a .912 save percentage and two shutouts. He was 3-2 with a 2.01 GAA and .930 save percentage in five playoff games (four starts).

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
CLICK HERE>Hurricanes expect to lose goalies Petr Mrazek, Curtis McElhinney

“We’re trying to sign them, but it doesn’t look like we’re going to get either signed,” Hurricanes general manager Don Waddell told reporters. “So, if not, we’ll go to the market and see what’s out there for July 1.”

McElhinney, 36, finished the regular season with a 20-11-2 record to go with a 2.58 GAA, a .912 save percentage and two shutouts. He was 3-2 with a 2.01 GAA and .930 save percentage in five playoff games (four starts).
If the Habs had McElhinney instead of Niemi as backup, it goes without saying that they would have made the playoffs easily, with a better-rested Price to boot.

Reactions: Tyson and Habaneros

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Oilers looking for 3rd line forwards huh?

Lekhonen is and was always better than Puljujarvi, as a a comparable.

So they are aiming right selling the fact that he could bounce back. But there hope via asking for a 3rd liner tell us that the kid as more chance to fail than bounce back.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Lekhonen is and was always better than Puljujarvi, as a a comparable.

So they are aiming right selling the fact that he could bounce back. But there hope via asking for a 3rd liner tell us that the kid as more chance to fail than bounce back.

We don't know about always, but he's definitely better now, and the difference isn't insignificant.

I'd move Armia for him though. The truth is Montreal has depth to spare on gambles. Ideally they'd swing a quantity for quality trade first, but if that doesn't materialize, a gamble on Puljujarvi makes sense.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Oilers looking for 3rd line forwards huh?

We have plenty of those. Do we want to role the dice on this guy? I honestly don't know his game well enough. If the Oilers want to throw in a second, I'll trade Byron.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
With the crazy contracts given to soon-to-be UFAs lately, I'd give a try at PoolParty for sure.

But no f***ing way we touch Lucic with an olympic pole that's on fire to get Pulju.

Reactions: bsl

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
With the crazy contracts given to soon-to-be UFAs lately, I'd give a try at PoolParty for sure.

But no ****ing way we touch Lucic with an olympic pole that's on fire to get Pulju.

make the trade for Puljujärvi ,LOCK HIM UP long term ,not no 1-2 year deal....it will be a steal

Reactions: CapSpace

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Who are you trading that Edmonton needs? I'm open to making a move for him.

Edmonton is cornered here...the price is goona be low for his potential upside..We certainly got the piece to get him no question, don't mess this one up

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yeah I was always high on Pulju. I have very little handle on what he's done after drafting except that he's disappointed. Would definitely gamble on him if the price is low enough. EDM just seems like such a garbage org that I can't help but think it wasn't all his fault.

Reactions: Habaneros
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad