Rumor: Post-season Rumour Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Same here. If the price is right, I’d like to take a swing at Gardiner. Who knows? Maybe he’ll become decent defensively playing with a real defenceman in Weber.
He’s got Beaulieu brain half of the time, and the fact that Leafs fans are trying to push him on us so hard is alarming. Any other targets?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
He’s got Beaulieu brain half of the time, and the fact that Leafs fans are trying to push him on us so hard is alarming. Any other targets?

Well, in fairness, he had to lug around a plug in Zaitsev though I’m not sure how much of the season. Weber is a true top D, so I think he’d do wonders for Gardiner.

Otherwise, not sure who else would be available that fits the criteria of offensive LD in terms of UFAs.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Bergevin should be all after Ehlers after seeing what WPG got in return for Trouba.
With LeBrun said the Jets are rumored to be throwing his name around, yes, we should give them a call to see what's up.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Ehlers isn't a UFA next year and hasn't made it known that he wants out of Winnipeg
Not the point. Chevy heavily undersold on an asset so MB should try to get a good deal on Ehlers. The Jets are shopping Ehlers. Even if Trouba was a UFA and wanted out, Chevy should’ve got so much more. Bergevin should check if something similar can go down with Ehlers.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Not the point. Chevy heavily undersold on an asset so MB should try to get a good deal on Ehlers. The Jets are shopping Ehlers. Even if Trouba was a UFA and wanted out, Chevy should’ve got so much more. Bergevin should check if something similar can go down with Ehlers.
Oh Chevy lost the trade for sure, but those are two HUGE factors that aren't there with Ehlers.

Reactions: Tighthead

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Would be stupid for the Jets to trade Ehlers. They need to hang on to the guys willing to sign long term with them, not trade them.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
"There’s lots of things on the go. It’s probably an unprecedented time of conversation between all the general managers. We’ll see if there’s some other things that make some sense for us going forward," the Winnipeg Jets general manager said.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
How stupid if true.

Lindgren has an NHL contract, McNiven isn't a garbage prospect and Primeau is our best prospect at the position since a certain someone in 2005.
We do need a guy that can play 20 games. I'm not sold that Charlie is the guy. If Talbot is available, cheap and willing, I'd take him. McElhinney would be good too.

Reactions: Vachon23

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Would be stupid for the Jets to trade Ehlers. They need to hang on to the guys willing to sign long term with them, not trade them.
Laine and Connor will cost them around 16 million combined. Maybe Trouba was enough

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Serious?? Top priority? Not a d man for the PP
Or another sniper?
It’s gonna be one of those sunmers where he doesn’t fill the teams needs

we gotta becareful were close to the cap , only got about 12 million

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
we gotta becareful were close to the cap , only got about 12 million
If you get rid of Dlo, weise and peca, send them all to the AHL and sign Leks for about 1.75 and armia around 2.2, the Habs will have around 11 million with 22 players s signed
I agree. To close to the cap
We will hear that he saved cap space for the regular season and trade deadline

Reactions: Habaneros

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
LD is obviously the priority.

Would have liked this guy, but what's the downside? Nuck fans saying his health is declining and they don't like that he wants an NTC over the span of a 3-year deal.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
LD is obviously the priority.

Would have liked this guy, but what's the downside? Nuck fans saying his health is declining and they don't like that he wants an NTC over the span of a 3-year deal.

Do you remember what Habs fans where saying when the same situation happened with Radulov ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Do you remember what Habs fans where saying when the same situation happened with Radulov ?

I don't think there is a parallel. Edler is older and has more downside risk than Radulov.

Radulov was a major missed opportunity.

Edler is another story. He's one option but not at the cost of losing an expansion protection slot on account of his contractual demand for a full NTC. I also am not comfortable with a 4 year term for a 33 year old.

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad