Rumor: Post-season Rumour Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
$10m for 7 years good? Not by a long shot.
Honestly, I don't want to pay that kind of money but it seems like the market is that so you basically have no choice...

I think Duchene will fit perfectly with our style of play, I wanted him for years!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
You can try and find excuses but today Duchene would be the best forward on this team!

No way, he gets the CH curse like the rest. Offense gets smothered in a small team, with no ability to separate the player from the puck. Lets see how he enjoys nothing but a failed dump and chase system, with zero people driving the net, besides Gallagher. His production will get eaten up, just like the rest of the boys. They start out with strong numbers, then are pounded into dirt by January, playing banged up and mentally whipped by the rest of the way.

Perry would probably make a better short term impacte on this team than MD, because of his size and a cheap salary.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
No way, he gets the CH curse like the rest. Offense gets smothered in a small team, with no ability to separate the player from the puck. Lets see how he enjoys nothing but a failed dump and chase system, with zero people driving the net, besides Gallagher. His production will get eaten up, just like the rest of the boys. They start out with strong numbers, then are pounded into dirt by January, playing banged up and mentally whipped by the rest of the way.

Perry would probably make a better short term impacte on this team than MD, because of his size and a cheap salary.
Yeah just like Domi or a guy like Byron. Try again...

Reactions: HankyZetts

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Domi played with Lehkonen, Shaw, Drouin, Weber and Petry. Duchene played with Panarin, Atkinson, Stone, Tkachuk,Werenski,Chabot and Jones. Duchene had a lot more to work with, I think Domi is better.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
First, that speaks more to the inability of our GM to bring in star players than anything.

Secondly, if Duchene were the best forward on this team it would be by a very small margin.

Third, he'd be the highest paid forward by a very large margin...

There are about 30 centers who are better than Duchene is and Domi might be one of them. He's a low value first line center. He reminds me of Koivu in that he'd be a fantastic 2nd line guy but miscast as a first. And he wants 10 mil...

It was never a question of not respecting him. He's just not a ten million dollar player and I don't think we should tie ourselves to him at that price.

Inability to bring in stars players... No surprise you dislike Bergevin with that kind of delusional expectations!

Can you even recall when was the last time such a thing happened? But damn Bergevin! He's the problem!

A guy like Duchene is available for free, but no, ain't good enough! Pikachu or nothing!

I'm gonna crap on the GM for years cuz he can't get it done!

Unbelievable...

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Honestly, I don't want to pay that kind of money but it seems like the market is that so you basically have no choice...

I think Duchene will fit perfectly with our style of play, I wanted him for years!

I don't disagree that Duchene would have fitted in well here at times in recent years. However, we now have Domi showing he can drive the team forward as our first line C, perhaps the best all-round second line in the league and two hot centre prospects in Kotka & Poehling. Duchene is not materially better than Domi. Why would you spend the money on Duchene now?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Inability to bring in stars players... No surprise you dislike Bergevin with that kind of delusional expectations!

Can you even recall when was the last time such a thing happened? But damn Bergevin! He's the problem!

A guy like Duchene is available for free, but no, ain't good enough! Pikachu or nothing!

I'm gonna crap on the GM for years cuz he can't get it done!

Unbelievable...
I know... trades are hard.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I don't disagree that Duchene would have fitted in well here at times in recent years. However, we now have Domi showing he can drive the team forward as our first line C, perhaps the best all-round second line in the league and two hot centre prospects in Kotka & Poehling. Duchene is not materially better than Domi. Why would you spend the money on Duchene now?

1) because Domi can produce similar numbers as a winger, as his game is based on him rushing the puck, not necessarily controling it from the middle.

2) Because as good as he is, and a personal favourite, Danault is not a #2 center on a Stanley Cup winner.

3) Kotka, nor Poehling is forseeably ready to take on a top 6 role. We should not ASSUME they can in the offseason. It will be to late to address in trainig camp. If one or the other step up, then we trade from a position of strength instead of bitching for another year we need another top 6 center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad