Rumor: Post-season Rumour Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
How often do NHL teams not try to compete from the star of the season?
Some know they have no chance when the season starts. Let’s not kid ourselves
This upcoming habs season should be competing amd maybe expected to make the playoffs with the right moves

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Is he willing to take league minimum? Is he stoked about playing in MTL? Seems risky ... it could work out like gangbusters, but also could fail.

Tell me that doesn't sound like a Bargain Bin move though... huge hit or monster miss! Radulov or Hemsky!

Reactions: Bacchus1

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Nurse or Bouchard?

The only 2 D taken with their 1st pick in round 1 in 28 years. Historically, they only take D in the 1st round if they have a 2nd 1st round pick (see Klefbom); otherwise it's forward after forward, despite that they still have a severe lack of forward depth at the NHL level.

Might as well try something different, I guess. They do desperately need top pairing D too. But, Klefbom and Larsson are not old. They're 25/26. They have Nurse, Samorukov, Bear, Jones & Lagesson as legitimate prospects in their system. That's not bad.

They have a severe lack of quality forwards though.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Is he willing to take league minimum? Is he stoked about playing in MTL? Seems risky ... it could work out like gangbusters, but also could fail.

He grew up a Habs fan, so he might. Childhood team & all that.

He's basically Gallagher, but bigger & slower. He lives in the slot/paint. Is really strong on his stick. I go back and forth on him because his hands are still good, but his feet are not.

He'd help our PP. But, how well would he fit on a team that is based on aggressive puck pursuit through speed?

We could use another natural RW too.

Gallagher, Shaw, Perry, Armia.

Domi, Danault, Kotka, Thompson/Weal

Drouin, Tatar, Lehkonen, Byron, D'lo.

There is a spot there. I'd do it for 1 year.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He grew up a Habs fan, so he might. Childhood team & all that.

He's basically Gallagher, but bigger & slower. He lives in the slot/paint. Is really strong on his stick. I go back and forth on him because his hands are still good, but his feet are not.

He'd help our PP. But, how well would he fit on a team that is based on aggressive puck pursuit through speed?

We could use another natural RW too.

Gallagher, Shaw, Perry, Armia.

Domi, Danault, Kotka, Thompson/Weal

Drouin, Tatar, Lehkonen, Byron, D'lo.

There is a spot there. I'd do it for 1 year.
Might as well do it for 1 year, nothing else to spend the money on and I'm not giving Duchene $10 million+.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yes we are. How many pts did the blues have ?
Carolina won a round and had 2 pts more
Gimme a break man
Carolina went home with....hmm..nothing. Wow...can't wait to be like them!
Blues were the best team in the league since Bennington joined.
Give you a break? You've been on one for decades. Time for you and this team to wake the f*** up.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

There will be other teams interested in Perry as well and he is only coming to Montreal if we give him a contract he can't refuse because it tops the others. This Ontario boy is not going to sign a league minimum contract to play in Montreal.

Plus, where do we put him and who is demoted as a result?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad