Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
The team is underperforming. We have the tools, we have the talent. There are reasons we are playing less than the sum of our parts. I am positive the players and coaches will figure it out and I'm positive Chevy will do his part to help that out by Monday morning.

Reactions: Jets 31

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
This thread

cobweb.jpg

I still think they turn it around in time though. I'm staying on the......

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
vALvMNP.png

By my calculations, Jets only need 12 more wins (out of their remaining 23 games) to near-guarantee a non-wildcard spot in the playoffs... and likely even fewer wins necessary if they get in with the wildcard. Even 8 wins and a couple of OT losses does it.

We're getting more playoff hockey in Winnipeg, folks!

I stand by this.

Reactions: Jets 31

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Plenty of positives in slumps:
  • It gives opportunity for younger players to step up and lead.
  • We get to see what this team is really made of.
  • PoMo and Wheels post-game interviews are always more entertaining.
  • We learn the value of Buff.
  • Our "stars" get humbled.
  • It decreases outside expectations and free's up the pressure.
  • It's easier for Chevy to determine what the teams needs are.
We could keep going but it's making be feel more positive than I should be under the circumstances lol

Reactions: kanadalainen

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Here's my positive thought for the day ...

I still remember the years when the Jets never made the playoffs, and how frustrating it was that we could never take advantage of how bad the Souteast Division was, then later in the Central always finishing between 7th and 5th. I remember how this time of year we'd be talking about how the Jets needed to play something like .600 hockey the rest of the way to squeak into the playoffs as the 8th seed in the West.

So even though the team has struggled this season, we are in a much better place ... at this point even with how bad we are, it's not a realistic concern that we miss the playoffs. We can expect playoff hockey again this spring, in the best city in the NHL for playoffs atmosphere. We have a team full of talent ... I mean, I looked at the commemorative coin book I have from the 2011 season and our roster then to now doesn't even compare.

Even if it means I can only post in this thread, I'm going to savour having a winning team, a team with lots of entertaining talent. I'm even going to enjoy the soundbites from Maurice and Wheeler post-game because it's all part of the entertainment package to me. Heck, even the team struggling is part of the entertainment ... some people around here might prefer an 82-0 season winning every game by 10-0 blowouts, but I enjoy the ups and downs, a bit of drama.

EDIT: More specific to recent events, I'm a silver-lining guy. I am encouraged by Niku's progress and Coach Maurice saying good things about him. We need young guys like that to come up and fill things out as we'll lose some vets this summer I'm sure. Laine is finding his mojo again. We have some new pieces who did well in their debut so there's hope that once they settle in there will be some improvement.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
My positive thought of the day is that the Jets are pulling a 17/18 Capitals on us. Unspectacular in the regular season (while still winning) just to go off in the playoffs and win the whole thing. Make it happen boys!
To add to that there have been multiple cup winners over the years that have had piss poor seasons and found a way to put it together in the playoffs. As long as you get there you have hope.

Reactions: GNP and DashingDane

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
You would think by reading these threads that the world is coming to an end. If you think about it, if we beat Nashville next game we're in 1st place. We've just improved our lineup, and may discover we have a new quality defenseman.We also improved our scoring chances with the acquisition of Hayes.

The team played very well against the Wild, and had the better of the play, except for a small collapse in the last 2 minutes. Other than that, we should have won the game, as for the most part we dominated the play.

I think posters should stay positive, as we were 2nd overall last year in the NHL with 114 points, and this year, there's a great chance to finish in 1st place. Every team goes thru a slump, so posters should be long sighted and not focus on a short bad streak. These accomplishments were not a fluke.

We have a great team and positioned well to make a deep playoff run.:thumbu:

This is a time to be positive--unlike 4-6 years ago, when there was little hope.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Woke this morning with that playoff feeling. We are in need of a good stretch run, against tough competition just for playoff positioning. It is getting close to desperation time and that is a whole lot of fun. It is March 1st and we have 19 games of meaningful hockey, and then the Big Dance. And the kicker is that despite some recent poor play we have enough talent to win it all if they find a way to put it all together at the right time. What more as hockey fans can we ask for?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Under Maurice either his playoff bound or his anti tank troll job squadron ALWAYS wins about 8 of the last 10 games of regular season. Hope that trend continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad