Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just had to come and read some positive comments , it's getting ugly in every thread now . It's like everyone forgot all the struggles we went through up to last season . :shakehead We are FIRST in our division and one of the top teams in the league , so to all the nay say'ers and end of the world people i say :tmi: :p:

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
After years of watching Jets play for a lottery draft I am happy we are comfortably leading in the playoff race
Anything can happen in the playoffs. Caps had bad regular season by their standards last year but come out on top.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We're still first in the Central and tied for 4th overall in the league. These are not the end times.

That and at the end of the day there really haven’t been material changes to last seasons beastly team personal wise (Toby and Joel notwithstanding). I get it we are not playing as well this season but the team is largely the same guys so yes it is possible they catch fire at some point here.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
That and at the end of the day there really haven’t been material changes to last seasons beastly team personal wise (Toby and Joel notwithstanding). I get it we are not playing as well this season but the team is largely the same guys so yes it is possible they catch fire at some point here.

Yeah I think there's some tweakage to be done to optimize things, for sure. I'm just not ready to write off the season and join the ledge bandwagon. I mean, 1st in the Central. That's got to mean something, right? :)

Reactions: ps241 and Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yeah I think there's some tweakage to be done to optimize things, for sure. I'm just not ready to write off the season and join the ledge bandwagon. I mean, 1st in the Central. That's got to mean something, right? :)
Oh i'm sure they are freaking out in Nashville , no banner to hang . Mind you they would make one that said 2nd place in the Central division .:laugh:

Reactions: Afterburner

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
A season is all about the overall trend of a team

We are going to make the playoffs, so we can have a shot at winning the cup...thats the bottom line and that's what we should care about the most

There will be ups and downs, and periods of highs and periods of lows

our last few weeks have been tumultuous but lets see how things shake up when Ehlers and Buff are comfortably back in the line up

+whomever we get at trade deadline, if anyone

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Just had to come and read some positive comments , it's getting ugly in every thread now . It's like everyone forgot all the struggles we went through up to last season . :shakehead We are FIRST in our division and one of the top teams in the league , so to all the nay say'ers and end of the world people i say :tmi: :p:

Yeah, it's getting bad out there, maybe even worse than when I created the first positivity thread last season as a safe haven. Considering how toxic things were on HF last season and how well the team did, I am not letting the negativity get me down.

As others have said, this is largely the same team as last year. We saw how good that team could be and they gave us a wonderful playoff ride. We've seen this year's edition go into full beast mode a few games like the Tampa game. Playoffs are a whole new season and I expect to see that level of play as against Tampa when that second season comes. There is character on is team that will rise to the occasion.

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
My good friend (a Kings fan) got me these so my son will be ready to go when he arrives in July!

Jets.JPG

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Been very impressed with Poolman this year. This guy can step in and contribute anytime they need him. Also Comrie is having a very nice re-emergence this year. Berdin also quietly putting up a .936 in the A

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So amidst the doom and gloom of Saturday night I got a chance to take my joyous 7 year old daughter to her first Jets game. She had allot of fun and even took a “my first Jets game” sign but didn’t get in the jumbotron. It was an evening I will never forget.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ah........um........er...........

I............well.........we actually...............

Oh I got it now.........I put the PGT on ignore which should make life more........well let’s say less painful

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Things are gloomy right now, team is performing extremely poorly, but teams that win cups, always face some sort of adversity that they have overcome, this is ours.

Last nights version of this team, is one that could sorely use a Buff, Ehlers and Stone injection.

Reactions: tntkid and ps241

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Like to add, as bad as we have played since coming off our buy week, we have still managed to play .500 hockey, going 5 - 5 -2 over 12 games.

Its not great right now, but we can easily right this ship with a couple of solid weeks.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Things are gloomy right now, team is performing extremely poorly, but teams that win cups, always face some sort of adversity that they have overcome, this is ours.

Last nights version of this team, is one that could sorely use a Buff, Ehlers and Stone injection.
At times like this I look to the penguins ;) Seriously, that team has a long history of playing shockingly bad hockey then turning on the switch.

Reactions: ERYX and GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->