Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Going into the All-Star break... :thumbu:

playoffchances.png

centralstandings.png

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Nashville play in Colorado and Vegas heading into the break and look lkke they have their 5 days off after it.

So when we start playing again, we will be at least tied, with 4 games in hand.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I try to cheer up the ledge people with some stats, give them some hard proof everything is ok ;)

I feel the ledge people are missing a fun era by focusing on perfection or best game all the time syndrome. At some point in the future when our talent ages out or the cap destroys our depth we are not going to be a contender anymore. Until that point I am going to enjoy the natural ups and downs on the ride of one of the top teams in the league.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I feel the ledge people are missing a fun era by focusing on perfection or best game all the time syndrome. At some point in the future when our talent ages out or the cap destroys our depth we are not going to be a contender anymore. Until that point I am going to enjoy the natural ups and downs on the ride of one of the top teams in the league.

Agreed, it's all about the journey, not the destination man (ok it's also about the destination hah) :D

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I notice we are still in 1st place and Buff and Morrisey played together in a game for the 1st time in a long while.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
We’ll make playoffs with at least first round home ice advantage!

We gotta calm down including yours truely.

Winnipeg pro sports teams fan complex (not including Goldeyes)

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Expectations were raised. So it's not weird that some people are freaking out I guess. Right now oh, there's lots of reasons to be positive when you look at the standings. That's all I have to contribute

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Seriously doubt anyone but Nashville can catch us in the Central. Hopefully Vancouver or Edmonton squeak into the playoffs somehow and we can get a layup 1st round opponent. At worst we likely play Dallas, Minny or St. Louis.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Playoffs aren't really in doubt right now, so as long as they turn it up towards the last part of the season, I'm fine with losing a couple here and there. I don't really see any outright liabilities, just some guys who might need a couple fewer minutes.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Seriously doubt anyone but Nashville can catch us in the Central. Hopefully Vancouver or Edmonton squeak into the playoffs somehow and we can get a layup 1st round opponent. At worst we likely play Dallas, Minny or St. Louis.
I'd rather hammer Vancouver during a season where they're happy just to be there than Edmonton where they'd all rush to the ledge after we sweep them.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Despite lots of hand wringing, trade Laine-isms, and even a thread suggesting the Jets should sell assets at the TDL....the team is 1st in the Central with games in hand and 1st in the Western conference. Not sure how to explain such an AWFUL team is 1st, definitely some weird aberration season. It can't be like, ya know, they are really good and talented and can beat teams in multiple different ways (not something that is important in the playoffs at all. Teams win cups by being absolutely perfect straight through. No comeback wins, lucky goals, shutdown games or goalie heroics involved at all).

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Ya know.

Reactions: Jets 31

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
vALvMNP.png

By my calculations, Jets only need 12 more wins (out of their remaining 23 games) to near-guarantee a non-wildcard spot in the playoffs... and likely even fewer wins necessary if they get in with the wildcard. Even 8 wins and a couple of OT losses does it.

We're getting more playoff hockey in Winnipeg, folks!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
vALvMNP.png

By my calculations, Jets only need 12 more wins (out of their remaining 23 games) to near-guarantee a non-wildcard spot in the playoffs... and likely even fewer wins necessary if they get in with the wildcard. Even 8 wins and a couple of OT losses does it.

We're getting more playoff hockey in Winnipeg, folks!
Sports Club has 7-13-3 as the 100% mark for the Jets to make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad